Interesting from Barry

Advertisement
Ah yes, the ol' Clemson wasn't built in a day defense.

I've used it before, myself.

But this **** right here --

Diaz is hoping for a time “when you start to rebrand our product where we will be defined by our hard work and toughness and less by talent and stars and speed.

-- Is ******* frightening and tells you all you need to know about Manny. This is a straight up losers attitude.

I’m as hard as anyone on the coaches but the ivey bullsh*t play last week is definitely on the player imo
That’s why Manny calls it a disease. And I agree with him. I don’t think he is curing it well and I’m not sure if he knows how to cure the disease but there’s no doubt that it exists and it’s going to take a few years and the right circumstances (coaching, admin, etc.) to cure it. What frustrates me, as a fan, is that the coaches didn’t bench his a$$ for that. Later in the game he was burned for a TD.
Had that been JJ, Ivey would’ve never seen the field again!
thats what Manny is missing. The “savage” attitude of benching a player for laziness.
My fear is, if he does this, we would bench half the team!!!

Diaz admitted on WQAM’s Hurricane Hotline this week that what’s irritating is less than an hour before that successful fake punt, when the Yellow Jackets lined up in the exact same formation but punted, “We told our defensive backs it’s imperative we handle the wide outs with a certain technique.” And it was as if that coaching went in one ear and out the other.

“We need to [make sure] players understand the urgency of what we’re demanding,” Diaz said.
And here’s what concerns me, from conversations with close associates of multiple players: Those players are telling their associates that the problem with this team is some of the players, that some of them have mentally checked out.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article235904767.html#storylink=cpy

honestly brother, what’s always bothered me is the complete lack of urgency for the last 15 years. Every now and then sure when things are going our way, but there’s never urgency.
We’ve been a lackadaisical team for over a decade. The only times we played with a ton of fire is when we were underdogs to FSU.

Advertisement
I don't think anybody here has the skill to meme or gif it to you.
Image result for sad gif

Advertisement
I’m as hard as anyone on the coaches but the ivey bullsh*t play last week is definitely on the player imo
And so are all the missed FG’s, missed XP’s, stupid penalties, blown coverages, Donaldson getting rolled over backwards every other play, Zion still in his stance after the play is over, Jeff Thomas dropping passes and getting suspended again, and general lack of effort. Most of these players are soft. They dance around on the sidelines and smile when we are losing. Post personal highlights on social media after a loss. Weak!

Advertisement
Here's an idea. Stop running a program with reduced scholarships. The NCAA allows 85. Have 85 kids on scholarship, and not walk-ons who you give a 'ship to for being an effort kid. Depth is needed to create the level of competition that can make this a moot topic.
I'm with you. 85 on scholly is a must. Diaz will get it done

Here's an idea. Stop running a program with reduced scholarships. The NCAA allows 85. Have 85 kids on scholarship, and not walk-ons who you give a 'ship to for being an effort kid. Depth is needed to create the level of competition that can make this a moot topic.
Well stated!!! Every team needs effort players; players that over achieve despite their physical limitations

Advertisement
That’s why Manny calls it a disease. And I agree with him. I don’t think he is curing it well and I’m not sure if he knows how to cure the disease but there’s no doubt that it exists and it’s going to take a few years and the right circumstances (coaching, admin, etc.) to cure it. What frustrates me, as a fan, is that the coaches didn’t bench his a$$ for that. Later in the game he was burned for a TD.
Had that been JJ, Ivey would’ve never seen the field again!
thats what Manny is missing. The “savage” attitude of benching a player for laziness.
My fear is, if he does this, we would bench half the team!!!
Agree 100%... “don’t know what more we could have done.” Sit his *** to show that will not be tolerated. Manny really is Miami. All talk, no substance.

I believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Any player who is checking out has zero pride, should never see the field and should just get out now.

Any coach who isn’t questioning every aspect of how he’s doing his job deserves to lose his job.
Does this include coach Diaz? Or is your bleeding heart going to give him a pass? Lol

Advertisement
Back