interesting corben tweet

C'mon, cflacane2 works at the mall in Altamonte and gives free cotton candy to Jesse's kids when they visit there after going to the theme parks...They are tight like that!

Advertisement
Lol yall acting like the stupid post game presser removal is some kind of benghazi scandal. Goldens gone no need to embarrass the program with lackluster videos. We've got plenty of fairweather fans and banners for that.

I have two degrees from the University of Miami btw you twerp. Since UM likes controlling the message from the print media to radio ala North Korea, banners are the ONLY way alumni, fans, and donors can shed light on the travesty that is this athletic department. And since YOU are part of the athletic department, it is convenient for YOU to come on here and spew ****ing nonsense. GTFOH.

Lol you guys are hilarious. Controlling message? It's obvious everyone knows he's gone why would the admin throw fuel on the fire it's ****ing stupid. It's pretty hilarious you guys are so insecure you'd think i'm part of the AD. You should go back to school for a marketing degree btw.

I would bet money that your IP address points to Hecht.

Altamonte Springs FL.

girlduncecap.jpg

this school is damaged

Damaged? It's an effing TRAINWRECK on every level: Academics are going downhill, the Med School mess, and the athletic department is on life support because it's being run by a clown with the mental capacity of a week old dog ****! Plus we have a BOT that is effing useless and a new President who has no clue as to how or even begin to straighten things out.

Still say this U ends up being the South Campus of FIU in about ten years. Might be an improvement. At least they have an effing stadium.

Worst run college in the country.

Whoaaaa now. FIU South? That's harsh. I'm thinking we actually transition into only offereing graduate level medical degrees and we just maintain the Coral Gables campus for Chinese and Saudi students that we admit into a 7 yr med program. We could use the excess dorm space as timeshares for wealthy New Yorkahs whose kids couldn't get into any schools in the northeast. We'd offer them independent study degrees before they disperse back to "the city" or Boca never to be seen at a UM football game again.

So, basically finish the return to SUNTAN U?

this school is damaged

Damaged? It's an effing TRAINWRECK on every level: Academics are going downhill, the Med School mess, and the athletic department is on life support because it's being run by a clown with the mental capacity of a week old dog ****! Plus we have a BOT that is effing useless and a new President who has no clue as to how or even begin to straighten things out.

Still say this U ends up being the South Campus of FIU in about ten years. Might be an improvement. At least they have an effing stadium.

Whoaaaa now. FIU South? That's harsh. I'm thinking we actually transition into only offereing graduate level medical degrees and we just maintain the Coral Gables campus for Chinese and Saudi students that we admit into a 7 yr med program. We could use the excess dorm space as timeshares for wealthy New Yorkahs whose kids couldn't get into any schools in the northeast. We'd offer them independent study degrees before they disperse back to "the city" or Boca never to be seen at a UM football game again.

‘Suntan U’ reputation casts long shadow

Excerpts:
Before the University of Miami was dubbed a top-50 institution by U.S. News & World Report, it was known for its unwanted reputation as the “Suntan U.” In 1949, the Saturday Evening Post – a glossy publication similar to The New Yorker – published an article emphasizing the university’s “country club” atmosphere.

Though the 1949 article was meant to focus on UM’s progression from its former days as a “cardboard college,” it gave readers the impression that the students simply liked to spend their days sunbathing and socializing.

Despite the fact that the 1949 article by Harold H. Martin said UM overcame its “handicap of perennial poverty and the popular delusion about the sedative effect of the South Florida weather,” the school still wasn’t seen as a legitimate educational institution.

Needless to say, this changed the campus dynamic: the Rat was open past 10 p.m.; packs of beer were distributed as part of spirit programs; and students tried to stack as many empty cups at their tables as possible before they would tilt over.

“I think the Rat would go through 40, maybe 60, kegs of beer in a two-hour time frame,” Parsons said. “The students would be lined up around the front of the lake to get into the Rat, and as the students staggered out, the others would go in to start the party. I think we’re a little more sane and intelligent now. It was the culture; it was the way it was.”

Advertisement
this school is damaged

Excerpts:
Before the University of Miami was dubbed a top-50 institution by U.S. News & World Report, it was known for its unwanted reputation as the “Suntan U.” In 1949, the Saturday Evening Post – a glossy publication similar to The New Yorker – published an article emphasizing the university’s “country club” atmosphere.

Though the 1949 article was meant to focus on UM’s progression from its former days as a “cardboard college,” it gave readers the impression that the students simply liked to spend their days sunbathing and socializing.

Despite the fact that the 1949 article by Harold H. Martin said UM overcame its “handicap of perennial poverty and the popular delusion about the sedative effect of the South Florida weather,” the school still wasn’t seen as a legitimate educational institution.

Needless to say, this changed the campus dynamic: the Rat was open past 10 p.m.; packs of beer were distributed as part of spirit programs; and students tried to stack as many empty cups at their tables as possible before they would tilt over.

“I think the Rat would go through 40, maybe 60, kegs of beer in a two-hour time frame,” Parsons said. “The students would be lined up around the front of the lake to get into the Rat, and as the students staggered out, the others would go in to start the party. I think we’re a little more sane and intelligent now. It was the culture; it was the way it was.”

Sounds pretty good to me.

UM sucks. They are completely disconnected from the alumni and locals who helped support the program for years.

Excerpts:

Sounds pretty good to me.

The football program made it THE U. The BOT and Donna turned back the clock to pre-Howard.

The
can anyone shed light on this?

Billy Corben ‏@BillyCorben 36m36 minutes ago
Someday someone will tell the story of how [MENTION=7050]Univmiami[/MENTION] mistreated and disrespected one of [MENTION=690]Miami[/MENTION]Hurricanes athletics' biggest donors.

Lol yall acting like the stupid post game presser removal is some kind of benghazi scandal. Goldens gone no need to embarrass the program with lackluster videos. We've got plenty of fairweather fans and banners for that.

There are no more fair weather fans left. They're all fsu fans now

well now one em is now all about Ohio St

Advertisement

Someday someone will tell the story of how [MENTION=7050]Univmiami[/MENTION] mistreated and disrespected one of [MENTION=690]Miami[/MENTION]Hurricanes athletics' biggest donors.

Anyone who is still a fan right now is not a fairweather fan.

A fans main priority is to fill the stadium, cheer, and support the team win or lose. Miami has a bunch of well we did it this way 20 years ago armchair critics who want to set everything on fire until they get their way. I get it, it's also on the fans to pressure the admin but it's been done in the most disrespectful way possible and it looks bad for everyone. Even the players don't respect the fans...we've got our potential #1 QB trying to silence the hate...that's despicable.

I have two degrees from the University of Miami btw you twerp. Since UM likes controlling the message from the print media to radio ala North Korea, banners are the ONLY way alumni, fans, and donors can shed light on the travesty that is this athletic department. And since YOU are part of the athletic department, it is convenient for YOU to come on here and spew ****ing nonsense. GTFOH.

Lol you guys are hilarious. Controlling message? It's obvious everyone knows he's gone why would the admin throw fuel on the fire it's ****ing stupid. It's pretty hilarious you guys are so insecure you'd think i'm part of the AD. You should go back to school for a marketing degree btw.

The administration is a bunch of left wing egotists who, like all their kind, think they are always smarter than everyone else. Just listen to their current leader explain how Putin has fallen into his trap in the middle east. That is just long way of saying THEIR IDIOTS! What is so hard to understand.

A fans main priority is to fill the stadium, cheer, and support the team win or lose. Miami has a bunch of well we did it this way 20 years ago armchair critics who want to set everything on fire until they get their way. I get it, it's also on the fans to pressure the admin but it's been done in the most disrespectful way possible and it looks bad for everyone. Even the players don't respect the fans...we've got our potential #1 QB trying to silence the hate...that's despicable.
It's because Al has the players believing everyone is against them when in reality they just hate Al.

Imagine you go to your favorite restaurant and get your favorite ribeye every week. You do this for 20 years. Now imagine that restaurant lowers the quality from that ribeye and shapes a McDonald's hamburger into the same shape. Then they raise the price and tell you its because this product used to be great and one day you'll see, because you obviously don't know more about steak than them and you're just a blind fan who doesn't see the big picture. They have now disrespected you and insulted your intelligence

Will you still keep going back to that restaurant?

I don't need someone more knowledgeable to tell me the ribeye was better just like I don't need a lot of football knowledge to know we ain't cutting it on the field. I can't just go to another restaurant in this case (football team) so I'm going to send that McDonald's back and say I want a **** ribeye (aka banners)

Advertisement

It's because Al has the players believing everyone is against them when in reality they just hate Al.

Imagine you go to your favorite restaurant and get your favorite ribeye every week. You do this for 20 years. Now imagine that restaurant lowers the quality from that ribeye and shapes a McDonald's hamburger into the same shape. Then they raise the price and tell you its because this product used to be great and one day you'll see, because you obviously don't know more about steak than them and you're just a blind fan who doesn't see the big picture. They have now disrespected you and insulted your intelligence

I don't need someone more knowledgeable to tell me the ribeye was better just like I don't need a lot of football knowledge to know we ain't cutting it on the field. I can't just go to another restaurant in this case (football team) so I'm going to send that McDonald's back and say I want a **** ribeye (aka banners)

And before AL they hated Shannon, and before Shannon they hated Coker, and before Coker they flew banners to fire Butch. Did i mention hate on players like Jacory Harris, Kacy Huggy Bear Rogers, Highsmith, Chikillo (till he turned into an NFL preseason star), Thirsty Armbrister, Stephen Morris, Stacey Coley, Dallas Crawford...etc. I want to eat a butter basted ribeye like everyone else but the fans have to recognize they have to step up to. Banners is only part of it. Filling the stadium and supporting the players is the majority of it. The hate, the trolling, all that **** is a drain and an embarrassment. At some point the die hard fans have to take it upon themselves to lift the team up with a positive movement in spite of the Admin and encourage the community the follow. Obviously a new coach will help go a long way to instilling hope back into this program.

Last edited:

And before AL they hated Shannon, and before Shannon they hated Coker, and before Coker they flew banners to fire Butch. Did i mention hate on players like Jacory Harris, Kacy Huggy Bear Rogers, Highsmith, Chikillo (till he turned into an NFL preseason star), Thirsty Armbrister, Stephen Morris, Stacey Coley, Dallas Crawford...etc. I want to eat a butter basted ribeye like everyone else but the fans have to recognize they have to step up to. Banners is only part of it. Filling the stadium and supporting the players is the majority of it. The hate, the trolling, all that **** is a drain and an embarrassment. At some point the die hard fans have to take it upon themselves to lift the team up with a positive movement in spite of the Admin and encourage the community the follow. Obviously a new coach will help go a long way to instilling hope back into this program.
The division between all of those previous cases was never what it is now. There were still a lot of randy and Coker supporters when they were fired. Coker and Randy both lost the program and had to go and did. Golden lost this program 2 years ago and is still here.

As far as the players getting bashed, that's a select few who are vocal. Most do not bash players. I was not big on a few of those guys on your list and I still supported their efforts to help the team win. Even if I ever criticize a player, I will always support their efforts.

The problem you have is that by showing support the way you feel you need to, the admin is taking that as support of golden and staff as well. If fans are still showing up and supporting Golden, staff and team, then there isn't really a problem and those that are vocal must be the minority. If there is no problem, then there is no reason to fire golden since it's obvious winning is not that important to the admin.

this school is damaged

Sounds like it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back