interesting corben tweet

Lol yall acting like the stupid post game presser removal is some kind of benghazi scandal. Goldens gone no need to embarrass the program with lackluster videos. We've got plenty of fairweather fans and banners for that.

Anyone who is still a fan right now is not a fairweather fan.

A fans main priority is to fill the stadium, cheer, and support the team win or lose. Miami has a bunch of well we did it this way 20 years ago armchair critics who want to set everything on fire until they get their way. I get it, it's also on the fans to pressure the admin but it's been done in the most disrespectful way possible and it looks bad for everyone. Even the players don't respect the fans...we've got our potential #1 QB trying to silence the hate...that's despicable.
It's because Al has the players believing everyone is against them when in reality they just hate Al.

Imagine you go to your favorite restaurant and get your favorite ribeye every week. You do this for 20 years. Now imagine that restaurant lowers the quality from that ribeye and shapes a McDonald's hamburger into the same shape. Then they raise the price and tell you its because this product used to be great and one day you'll see, because you obviously don't know more about steak than them and you're just a blind fan who doesn't see the big picture. They have now disrespected you and insulted your intelligence

Will you still keep going back to that restaurant?

I don't need someone more knowledgeable to tell me the ribeye was better just like I don't need a lot of football knowledge to know we ain't cutting it on the field. I can't just go to another restaurant in this case (football team) so I'm going to send that McDonald's back and say I want a **** ribeye (aka banners)

And before AL they hated Shannon, and before Shannon they hated Coker, and before Coker they flew banners to fire Butch. Did i mention hate on players like Jacory Harris, Kacy Huggy Bear Rogers, Highsmith, Chikillo (till he turned into an NFL preseason star), Thirsty Armbrister, Stephen Morris, Stacey Coley, Dallas Crawford...etc. I want to eat a butter basted ribeye like everyone else but the fans have to recognize they have to step up to. Banners is only part of it. Filling the stadium and supporting the players is the majority of it. The hate, the trolling, all that **** is a drain and an embarrassment. At some point the die hard fans have to take it upon themselves to lift the team up with a positive movement in spite of the Admin and encourage the community the follow. Obviously a new coach will help go a long way to instilling hope back into this program.

Did you just move to Miami in September? You need to win, period. Sorry if that offends backwoods, small town, cornfield, cousin-marrying, got nothing to do, watch grass grow, or midwest let's get together to keep warm mentalities. I am sure that others, like myself, have invested time, effort and money for decades in support of THE U. We love the players, but they are Johnnie-come-lately enjoying the fruits of our work. Many of us sat in near empty OB many a day and night watching one or two star players under horrible coaches to catch sight of a great sack by The Stork or a unbelievable move by a Chuck Foreman or a dazzling scramble by George Mira. We bought tickets, paid tuition, and donated cash until FINALLY Howard arrived and showed us how it could be. I for one have no interest, not one once of interest, it this return to SunTan U. The old players, coaches and US FANS built THE U and by God no new to the story have not done crap coach, administrator or even a beloved player has jack crap to say about how we act. The live and are educated by the sweat we put in. We decide if what they do is enough to warrant our support or disapproval. I try to NEVER say anything negative about players, but they need to know their place also. Until they deliver a NC, just shut up and say thank you for all you fans have done to afford me this opportunity.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back