Interesting breakdown of Gattis's redzone calls.

Advertisement
Man what? Did you watch the same game I did? Maybe you don't understand route concepts vs defensive looks so i won't be rude.

But this is way far off bruh.

Wr don't just "GET OPEN". They need to be SCHEMED open. Gattis route concepts are elementary and left our QB and WRs out to dry all game long.

Durkin knew it too. Rewatch the game and watch how many of the routes run RIGHT into the teeth of the defense.

Gattis has some decent man beater concepts but his zone beater concepts are so trash.

I mean TWICE he drew up concepts that didn't even get us to the line to gain. Like wtf...

GATTIS blew this game period. Terrible redzone playcalling.

Durkin knew it and everytime we got in the redzone the safeties walked down in support and just blew up anything we tried to run

Nail on the head my dude…. Bingo

Philosophy and design….. that’s what it comes down to

The guys that are elite at it, it’s super easy to pick out….. ie Mike McDaniel with Fins

What I can’t figure out is how Gattis is so drastically better in the run game scheme…. There is so much overlap, but for whatever reason Gattis as an OC has yet to prove he is anything but average at best with his passing concepts

I did...couldn't stomach watching it a 3rd.
No. You're just talking stupid. 3 of 4 redzone drives ended with penalties and a blocked pass.

How is that on the coach?

Gattis also called the plays that got us to the redzone. 80+ yard methodical drives are hard to do and that's what they did.

I had criticized his play calling after the game. I have a different opinion after watching it again.

It also funny how people were saying the same things about Lashlee in the first 3 games last year.

New offenses take time.

I was impressed how we could move the ball against a really good defense. Now, we just need to finish off the drives. It's not a time to panic calling for jobs and replacements. It's a time to correct and improve. We didn't know what we had as a team before playing a quality opponent in AtM. Now, we have something to build on and work on our weaknesses.

Last edited:
No. You're just talking stupid. 3 of 4 redzone drives ended with penalties and a blocked pass.

How is that on the coach?

Gattis also called the plays that got us to the redzone. 80+ yard methodical drives are hard to do and that's what they did.
Stupid??...MFer if you had 1/10th my intelligence, you'd be way better off. I'm the last person on this site, who needs ANY lessons on CFB....I promise you that.

You deducted that from one game. Amazing!!!

You should go re-watch the game. We moved the ball 80+ yards in 4 redzone trips. 2 trips ended in field goals because of penalties and a 3rd was a PBU and blocked pass at the line of scrimmage. But, I guess those failures are on Gattis.
Every time the players lack execution it’s time to change coaches. We have very good coaches we lack the level of talent to compete at the elite level. We have coaches with stellar resumes and top that off with hall of famers and a HC who’s heart and soul is all in to return Miami to elite. We simply dont have that talent………………….yet !

Advertisement
Stupid??...MFer if you had 1/10th my intelligence, you'd be way better off. I'm the last person on this site, who needs ANY lessons on CFB....I promise you that.
I have 1000% because your BS doesn't even make sense when its on film we had 2 penalties in the redzone that put us in 3rd and 15. AtM dropped 8 in coverage to force an underneath throw. The 4th redzone drive ended in a PBU and and blocked pass.

So, how are you going to blame the OC for that?

The 3rd redzone drive was bad play calling. I called that out after the game. It was terrible down 17-3 and calling 3 str8 running plays.

That was really the only thing anyone should complain about including me as I was angry at Gattis as well.

Take the emotion out and its a different picture.

I was at Southern Miss and Texas A&M.. I see it but I guess it's a different perspective. I think his footwork is slightly off making him miss some of these throws and they're not coming out with great touch and accuracy like we saw last year.. yes I see that. That's part of a new system.

1) What other throw other than to Redding was completely missed in terms of 8/10 times this needs to be hit? Maybe K Smith in the 1st quarter.. still a tough throw very early in the game when you haven't even had a couple throws to find a rhythm. To Brinson in the 1st quarter with pressure in his face? Idk.. Mallory just got whipped on that play. I think there was one or 2 against USM as well. 2 a game is not bad in college. I've seen Bryce Young do the same thing.
2) What wheel are we talking about? The one Parrish was out of bounds double covered or to Arroyo? The one to Arroyo was again the inability of WR to run the right route. Quarters coverage and K Smith ran right into the safety coming in to help instead of forcing the field safety to stick with him up the seam. The field safety then comes over and makes a play when he should have been occupied by the WR. Just not a high football IQ team in general and can't read coverage. Maybe he wasn't coached enough to do it right? 3rd year player though.
3) Again you just described him not going through his progressions... because they're out of sync due to things out of his control.. re-routing, running the wrong route, running a route 2 yards to deep and not coming out of their break when he hits his dropback. Its all timing a rhythm. His progressions aren't progressing the way they're designed. Some more of this could be on TVD and I'm giving him too much credit.. but I'm gonna lean WR right now.

I don't care who is playing QB. It's not gonna look different until you either execute this offense the way it's designed or you get someone like Jeudy who can create separation in a phone booth and doesn't matter if he's running a route a few yards deep, short, or too slow or too fast.. whatever the case. That or just have a security blanket like Restrepo who is open more than 50% of the time and right on time with good chemistry. We have neither.
Where can I sign up for your newsletter?

I have 1000% because your BS doesn't even make sense when its on film we had 2 penalties in the redzone that put us in 3rd and 15. AtM dropped 8 in coverage to force an underneath throw. The 4th redzone drive ended in a PBU and and blocked pass.

So, how are you going to blame the OC for that?

The 3rd redzone drive was bad play calling. I called that out after the game. It was terrible down 17-3 and calling 3 str8 running plays.

That was really the only thing anyone should complain about including me as I was angry at Gattis as well.

Take the emotion out and its a different picture.
Gattis is a joke...and you'll feel the same as the season progresses. ALL his *** had to do was oversee ONE F-ing TD....and couldn't even come close to doing that, even being in the RZ Multiple times....but by all means, keep thinking he's all that.

Advertisement
Every time the players lack execution it’s time to change coaches. We have very good coaches we lack the level of talent to compete at the elite level. We have coaches with stellar resumes and top that off with hall of famers and a HC who’s heart and soul is all in to return Miami to elite. We simply dont have that talent………………….yet !
I totally agree. I was mad a Gatiss. Then I re-watched the game several days later without the emotion. You are also looking at specific things during a re-watch that you don't see or look for during the live game.

On3 broke down the 11 plays in the redzone. It was really poor execution by the players. Even on the TVD run. Campbell missed his block and Arroyo wasn't even blocking at all as he expected TVD to hand the ball off. So, it must have been an option play. If those two did their job, then TVD walks in for a TD.

When it fails, it looks really bad and the coaches get blamed.

Gattis is a joke...and you'll feel the same as the season progresses. ALL his *** had to do was oversee ONE F-ing TD....and couldn't even come close to doing that, even being in the RZ Multiple times....but by all means, keep thinking he's all that.
These guys just don’t get it. Anybody with a brain has saw enough from Gattis to know he’s not gonna work here.

These guys just don’t get it. Anybody with a brain has saw enough from Gattis to know he’s not gonna work here.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he isn't gone at the end of the season...he's NOT the OC that Mario should've picked...I said it when he was hired...2 weeks ago I said I was extremely worried about him, and Presto!!!

WTF are you talking about? We had 3 drive killers in the redzone.

One game doesn't make or break anything. Y'all have some issues and perhaps should give up watching football.

It's just so telling with all the emotions for a firing/replacement after 1 game and forget about the fact we move the ball up and down the field on a quality SEC opponent. Nope!!! He sucks!!! Gattis gotta go!!!

Advertisement
a
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he isn't gone at the end of the season...he's NOT the OC that Mario should've picked...I said it when he was hired...2 weeks ago I said I was extremely worried about him, and Presto!!!
Yeah he ain’t it. Any OC that doesn’t tool his scheme around his guys is trash in my book. I understand we don’t have the horses but if thats the case you have to do what they can do. We look like Northwestern. It’s pathetic.

WTF are you talking about? We had 3 drive killers in the redzone.

One game doesn't make or break anything. Y'all have some issues and perhaps should give up watching football.

It's just so telling with all the emotions for a firing/replacement after 1 game and forget about the fact we move the ball up and down the field on a quality SEC opponent. Nope!!! He sucks!!! Gattis gotta go!!!
Quality??....with a depleted secondary...and your *** can't drum up ONE F-ing TD??...Please Stop...

Advertisement
I totally agree. I was mad a Gatiss. Then I re-watched the game several days later without the emotion. You are also looking at specific things during a re-watch that you don't see or look for during the live game.

On3 broke down the 11 plays in the redzone. It was really poor execution by the players. Even on the TVD run. Campbell missed his block and Arroyo wasn't even blocking at all as he expected TVD to hand the ball off. So, it must have been an option play. If those two did their job, then TVD walks in for a TD.

When it fails, it looks really bad and the coaches get blamed.
Absolutely all good points. The one thing I was most impressed with was the players gave it their all never quit and despite the poor execution we were still in the game. I think that is coaching.

Absolutely all good points. The one thing I was most impressed with was the players gave it their all never quit and despite the poor execution we were still in the game. I think that is coaching.
You THINK?? that was coaching....It was without a doubt coaching...or should I say, Lack of...

Advertisement
Back