Interesting article about Coaching Staffs

https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/bay...cle_569cb90a-00e8-5aea-bd5e-a6c1130f2391.html

Really good article about how programs particularly in the Big XII & SEC have found a loophole in the new rules for Coaching staffs.

Basically, these teams have been loading up on Analysts & these Coaches are essentially Coordinators without the official title.

Do yall think Miami could afford to add at the very least another guy to our staff? Am I walking into a Hornets nest even asking the question lol?

To me it really highlights the missed opportunity we had this offseason to add a legit X's & O's guy even as an analyst to this staff.

I think they can it's just a matter of wanting it to happen and being more directed to the football program

Advertisement
El Jefe Diaz gets it. Hiring more QC's is further proof this is what he's been sitting back waiting to do for the last 3 years under Richt. No doubt in my mind he's had dozens of ideas how he would run the ship if he got control of the program.

Since becoming HC, he immediately improved the S&C, hired an OC AND a DC (which shows even though his bread & butter is as a DC he realizes that a HC needs to delegate down & not wear too many hats), elevated young upcoming guys like DVD & Cooney to more pivotal spots in the recruiting department, brought in multiple QC's to assist the entire staff in Todd Stroud, Dallas Crawford, David Parker & now Jesse Stone.

Also hired 2 local coaches with a bevy of experience (Hickson/Field), Field with great experience as a recruiter being a Director of recruiting at Oregon, Louisville & FAMU, but also has great experience coaching at 5 different High schools & 5 different colleges. Hickson coaching at High School & Juco level plus being a RB coach at 2 small programs where you have to work really hard to get things done.

What does that mean, those 2 dudes know what the grind is all about, they've been at places where you have to actually put in work to land recruits, they didn't have the luxury of just showing up & landing kids based on the logo on their windbreaker.

Point being, is we were under staffed with Richt, but now it feels like we're finally going to have the proper help on the practice field, in the meeting rooms & on the recruiting trail to actually compete at a high level.

Obviously not a single snap has been played yet, but I honestly believe this is the beginning of a true rebuild that can last a lot longer than the previous staffs.

Last edited:
El Jefe Diaz gets it. Hiring more QC's is further proof this is what he's been sitting back waiting to do for the last 3 years under Richt. No doubt in my mind he's had dozens of ideas how he would run the ship if he got control of the program.

Since becoming HC, he immediately improved the S&C, hired an OC AND a DC (which shows even though his bread & butter is as a DC he realizes that a HC needs to delegate down & not wear too many hats), elevated young upcoming guys like DVD & Cooney to more pivotal spots in the recruiting department, brought in multiple QC's to assist the entire staff in Todd Stroud, Dallas Crawford, David Parker & now Jesse Stone.

Also hired 2 local coaches with a bevy of experience (Hickson/Field), Field with great experience as a recruiter being a Director of recruiting at Oregon, Louisville & FAMU, but also has great experience coaching at 5 different High schools & 5 different colleges. Hickson coaching at High School & Juco level plus being a RB coach at 2 small programs where you have to work really hard to get things done.

What does that mean, those 2 dudes know what the grind is all about, they've been at places where you have to actually put in work to land recruits, they didn't have the luxury of just showing up & landing kids based on the logo on their windbreaker.

Point being, is we were under staffed with Richt, but now it feels like we're finally going to have the proper help on the on the practice field, in the meeting rooms & on the recruiting trail to actually compete at a high level.

Obviously not a single snap has been played yet, but I honestly believe this is the beginning of a true rebuild that can last a lot longer than the previous staffs.

Great thread to bring back up. You nailed it.

Point being, is we were under staffed with Richt, but now it feels like we're finally going to have the proper help on the practice field, in the meeting rooms & on the recruiting trail to actually compete at a high level.

Thank God Richt retired. He did a real solid for us by doing that.

I think we all should remember that if he hadn't retired, we'd be in a lame duck season, and I don't think anyone would be excited at all, and our recruiting wouldn't have just been screwed this year, it would have been screwed maybe the next two seasons.

Richt leaving and leaving a bunch of money for us to make thes quality coordinator hires, and a bunch of QC hires and ****, is saving us possibly 2-3yr of being garbage.

I really believe as UM reached out to Diaz as Richt retired, that he flat out told the admin that just having the IPF wasn't nearly enough. Diaz has been around programs with much larger financial backing and he understands the arms race that is college football. It's impressive how he had a vision and is implementing it so quickly

This literally went from the most dreaded off-season that I can recall, to one of the most hopeful and exciting. The energy that Diaz has brought to this program is palpable.

Advertisement
I really believe as UM reached out to Diaz as Richt retired, that he flat out told the admin that just having the IPF wasn't nearly enough. Diaz has been around programs with much larger financial backing and he understands the arms race that is college football. It's impressive how he had a vision and is implementing it so quickly

This literally went from the most dreaded off-season that I can recall, to one of the most hopeful and exciting. The energy that Diaz has brought to this program is palpable.
Facts. Being at a program like Texas that has an unlimited War-chest showed him that there's a lot of things Miami could be doing, but wasn't yet.

He immediately came in & started making adjustments, he didn't keep thing status quo, he saw where Richt failed & is making sure he doesn't make the same mistakes. What I like the best is, it's not all just fluff for right now, these are long term moves that will have long lasting impact years down the line, he's setting a framework.

And you right bro, this offseason was going to be one long slow unexciting death march to Orlando if Richt was still here, not trying to pile on the man but we were in the Dead zone after that **** onside kick (smh lol smh). Diaz has brought some great energy & new life to the program, just hope it all translates to W's on the field which I think it will.

Thank God Richt retired. He did a real solid for us by doing that.

I think we all should remember that if he hadn't retired, we'd be in a lame duck season, and I don't think anyone would be excited at all, and our recruiting wouldn't have just been screwed this year, it would have been screwed maybe the next two seasons.

Richt leaving and leaving a bunch of money for us to make thes quality coordinator hires, and a bunch of QC hires and ****, is saving us possibly 2-3yr of being garbage.
Agreed big time, well said fam.

Facts. Being at a program like Texas that has an unlimited War-chest showed him that there's a lot of things Miami could be doing, but wasn't yet.

He immediately came in & started making adjustments, he didn't keep thing status quo, he saw where Richt failed & is making sure he doesn't make the same mistakes. What I like the best is, it's not all just fluff for right now, these are long term moves that will have long lasting impact years down the line, he's setting a framework.

And you right bro, this offseason was going to be one long slow unexciting death march to Orlando if Richt was still here, not trying to pile on the man but we were in the Dead zone after **** onside kick (smh lol smh). Diaz has brought some great energy & new life to the program, just hope it all translates to W's on the field which I think it will.

El, Im being dead serious, that Saturday during the college football playoffs, a couple of days after our Pinstripe Bowl,, I was with a buddy who has gone to a lot of games with me(including the LSU opener) and I was telling him I had never been so down on the program and that as long as Richt was the coach, I wouldn't be going to anymore - home or away( I live in Los Angeles, so yeah, these are pricey for me). The whole season had actually soured me a bit on college football.

He couldn't believe it.

Then that next morning, I wake up to at least a dozen texts and tweets, breaking the news of the Richtirement and seriously, it was like the best Christmas/Kwanza/Hanukkah gift, ever. And it's only gotten better since then.

And yeah, Im going to Orlando in late August....

There’s a poster on 247 that has direct ties into the BOT. There was a meeting either yesterday or Wednesday and Manny attended. He posted a thorough summary of what was said.

Short version: Apparently CMR was thinking g of retiring after 2019, especially if season was not good. He pushed the timetable up because he did not want to fire his son AND he knew if he did they could probably keep Manny at Miami. He left $25 million total on the table when he walked away.

Manny can have what he wants. $$. Not an issue. Original budget to improve housing has been increased. The new Hurricane village will house freshmen and student athletes. The rest of dorms are scheduled for massive upgrades or replacement.

Administration is dedicated to making athletics successful. And will spend.

Advertisement
There’s a poster on 247 that has direct ties into the BOT. There was a meeting either yesterday or Wednesday and Manny attended. He posted a thorough summary of what was said.

Short version: Apparently CMR was thinking g of retiring after 2019, especially if season was not good. He pushed the timetable up because he did not want to fire his son AND he knew if he did they could probably keep Manny at Miami. He left $25 million total on the table when he walked away.

Manny can have what he wants. $$. Not an issue. Original budget to improve housing has been increased. The new Hurricane village will house freshmen and student athletes. The rest of dorms are scheduled for massive upgrades or replacement.

Administration is dedicated to making athletics successful. And will spend.

If we get our football program back at the top - the program will generate it's own money for plenty of analysts, recruiter evaluators, etc.

https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/bay...cle_569cb90a-00e8-5aea-bd5e-a6c1130f2391.html

Really good article about how programs particularly in the Big XII & SEC have found a loophole in the new rules for Coaching staffs.

Basically, these teams have been loading up on Analysts & these Coaches are essentially Coordinators without the official title.

Do yall think Miami could afford to add at the very least another guy to our staff? Am I walking into a Hornets nest even asking the question lol?

To me it really highlights the missed opportunity we had this offseason to add a legit X's & O's guy even as an analyst to this staff.

How many "analysts" is one to many?

Advertisement
I'm very excited by the Stone hire. Outside of anything concrete to point to I just plain like it man.

Great find. It amazing how Alabama has God knows how many of these so called Analyst. We moat certainly can afford a few.

Bama has former Head coaches in these Analyst roles and they can spend WEEKS breaking down film on a team which frees up position coaches to recruit

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back