Interesting article about Coaching Staffs

I wonder how much the ACC network will give each school. Blake James should realize we need to reach out to more alumni (or just fans in general)for donations if we want to compete.

Encouraging fans to donate regularly would definitely be beneficial.

Advertisement
It would not be a problem if we didn't have to pay for Title IX women's sports and other losing sports venues. But the money the football program makes has to help pay for those crappy programs.
So does every other university in the country so Miami can't use that excuse.

Part of the problem is that while Miami does maintain a national appeal for TV audiences, Their small student body and largely lackadaisical alumni base don't inspire the sponsorship dollars that a school like Michigan or UF would. My sister works for Coke and has negotiated both the sponsorship contracts for UM athletics and the distribution contract for the university. Without going into further detail ( I don't know how these contracts work nor do I know the figures) my sister has basically said sponsoring UM athletics isn't a great business decision. Blake James thinks his program is worth a lot more to advertisers than it really is. It's why the Coke banners on game day have been replaced with Muscle Milk ones. I've been trying to get her to give me Blake James' cell number so I can ***** at him but no dice.

We can afford all that stuff. Don't let the Debbie downers fool you.

The problem is the admin really don't give a fvck about the football progrum. They will give us only the bare minimums. Year after year.

And before some ***aloon comes in squawking about IPF IPF! See they really care! Yeah thanks Jake Blames for the IPF 10 years too late.
I don't even think the admin invested any money in the IPF other than the tiny amount they used on reaching donors. Richt and alumni did a lot of leg work on that, Blake James just kinda chilled.

So does every other university in the country so Miami can't use that excuse.
It’s not quite that simple. Public Universities receive state funding to fund those programs. They do not have to pull from Peter (football) to pay Paul (women’s sports and other stuff no one watches)*. Miami being private has to fund those themselves.
*Some Universities do run their programs similar to Miami but most state schools have legislatures for title IX program funding.

Advertisement
Our fans are so ******* stupid.

You do realize that Helfrich is the OC for the Bears right?
I'm stupid. I didn't know that. I admit it. I'm just here having stupid fun posting silly gifs like a 14 year old...( or would it be 12 year old?)

https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/bay...cle_569cb90a-00e8-5aea-bd5e-a6c1130f2391.html

Really good article about how programs particularly in the Big XII & SEC have found a loophole in the new rules for Coaching staffs.

Basically, these teams have been loading up on Analysts & these Coaches are essentially Coordinators without the official title.

Do yall think Miami could afford to add at the very least another guy to our staff? Am I walking into a Hornets nest even asking the question lol?

To me it really highlights the missed opportunity we had this offseason to add a legit X's & O's guy even as an analyst to this staff.

Considering we can't even hire an Offensive Coordinator -

But we got one **** of a QB coach!

Yeah, i just remember him visiting a while back to talk offense with Richt. I don't follow the NFL anymore either.
But it sink in? Did Helfrich bring in a book of 30 year old plays?( If it were me I'd be happier if he brought me a binder full of 30 year old women.)

Advertisement
https://www.wacotrib.com/sports/bay...cle_569cb90a-00e8-5aea-bd5e-a6c1130f2391.html

Really good article about how programs particularly in the Big XII & SEC have found a loophole in the new rules for Coaching staffs.

Basically, these teams have been loading up on Analysts & these Coaches are essentially Coordinators without the official title.

Do yall think Miami could afford to add at the very least another guy to our staff? Am I walking into a Hornets nest even asking the question lol?

To me it really highlights the missed opportunity we had this offseason to add a legit X's & O's guy even as an analyst to this staff.

This old news. I asked this question centuries ago. Bama got a full nfl staff out there.

As far as we’ve come we are still wayyyy behind

It’s not quite that simple. Public Universities receive state funding to fund those programs. They do not have to pull from Peter (football) to pay Paul (women’s sports and other stuff no one watches)*. Miami being private has to fund those themselves.
*Some Universities do run their programs similar to Miami but most state schools have legislatures for title IX program funding.

Private universities should really be exempt from title 9. In a fair world.

But it sink in? Did Helfrich bring in a book of 30 year old plays?( If it were me I'd be happier if he brought me a binder full of 30 year old women.)
Lol. You're humor is so old and Henny Youngman/Rodney Dangerfield-ish like me. Bless you, Matador.

UM can afford any coach and staff they want, imo.

Being a private institution, I’m not sure we have the funds to just buy whatever coaching staff we think we can. Giving Richt $4 million a year was stretching it as it was. We’d need to find a diamond in the rough, or bring back someone like Butch, who understands that money isn’t the end all, be all.

Advertisement
Yeah, i just remember him visiting a while back to talk offense with Richt. I don't follow the NFL anymore either.
I follow the ravens, but I caught the patriots and the bears game and the bears offense is anemic to say the least. I mean Trubisky is up and down so that may take awhile to get him right. Mark can only do but so much if Mitch takes off he gets all the props. If he flops well he'll be back coaching in college.

Lol. You're humor is so old and Henny Youngman/Rodney Dangerfield-ish like me. Bless you, Matador.

Rodney Dangerfield is a comedy God!

That dude had more jokes than anyone. All the comics of his era say that. Even Richard Pryor said that and he's on the Mt. Rushmore of comedy.

hsb0052.gif

Advertisement
Private universities should really be exempt from title 9. In a fair world.

Or be able to designate one sport as revenue sport exemption.... sports like football have much larger number of players than others and schools have to decimate other men's teams to have football teams.
It is not a fair system to count just scholarship numbers ... maybe make the same number of teams from a preapproved list , for men and women instead ...

Butch Jones (Tenn. ex-HC) was hired at Bama as an analyst for $35K a year. How is that not worth it to have an extra mind looking at things? Not that Butch is that great, but it is just another set of eyes and perspective on things.
Lmfao at extra mind and butch jones in the same post.

Considering Bama is paying Butch Jones like 35k this year yeah we can afford it.

State supported schools can raise tuitions, fees, etc and get money from state legislatures. Eventually the NCAA will have to put some sort of "cap" on these positions. The disparity between schools, money, etc. is really starting to show up.

Welcome to the cause; as luck would have it, my last thread on that topic was exactly two years ago:

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/alabamas-dominance-in-context-death-of-cfb.104100/

One quick update: Bama has been champion FIVE of the LAST NINE YEARS. They also played in the championship game in 2016 and have been in the CFP EVERY YEAR since it's inception.

As it pertains to the article (Great Find LCE!) , I was glad to see the writer subtley called out the fox guarding the hen house:

(Writer) The NCAA is studying whether to put restrictions on the number of support staff members allowed in college football programs.

(Quote) “There has been a significant undertaking by the NCAA to put some type of limitation on these positions,” said Todd Berry, executive director of the American Football Coaches Association."

Berry is full of Marky Mark Emmert $H!+. and he got caught..."Significant Undertaking" my ***! Berry isn't rocking the apple cart that gains him more members and more $alary for him.

As we discussed TWO years ago, this is the biggest competitive balance issue in college sports, but Big STATE School Marky Mark Emmert is more concerned with NCAA investigations of boat rides lasting three years. He sure as **** knows Senile Swofford isn't going to raise even a peep.

Goodbye CFB in the next 15 years if the current trends continue...

Advertisement
Back