Instant reaction podcast: Artavius Jones commits

Advertisement
In the history of recruiting rankings, yes. So 20+ years. And I never said he gets a free pass. But it’s a REALLY far cry from saying he’s not recruiting well enough right now to an FSU fan tweeting something and your first reaction is to run here that we should fold the program lol. And it wasn’t just one guy. Let’s be adult males for a little bit and see how that goes.
So 2008 class never existed? C’mon man. Miami was stacking classes routinely ranked in the top 5s for multiple years when recruiting rankings were booming. Pulling multiple top 10 recruits yearly. **** even Richt pulled a top 8 class in 2018.

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVED the class last year, but on paper there’s been multiple classes better last 20 years.

I refuse to say shut the program down but I'm all for hiring a coach that is known for X and O's. No more "Program Builders" or "Recruiters". If they're good at those 2 things as well great but we need wins on the field before we can start recruiting well
I don’t see the university pouring in the same amount of money or effort for another coach after cristobal. That’s why this season is important as well as building off last years recruiting class.

Advertisement
Who gives af? The season is about to start and people are stressing out about recruiting. Regardless of who’s committed or who we are recruiting, it all falls on the results on the field. If we tank this season I would be extremely concerned about our recruiting class. But on August 10th? Laughable.

Da fvck did he say that?

Yea quoted in another thread:

Moving forward, he'll be considering two schools he truly loves.

"Right now, I'm probably locked in with Miami still but I wouldn't say FSU doesn't have a chance because I really do love FSU," he said. "It's just a really good school and I have seen many people come here and I know many people that are here. They say it's a good school to be at and that their program is amazing and the coaches love you to death. And coach Odell is one of the best coaches around -- maybe the best d-line coach in the nation. He's just a great person. Coach Norvell, I love him so much. He shows that he cares about your personality."

It sounds like an official visit to FSU is on the table for later in the process.

"I would love to go to FSU for an official visit to be honest," Jones said.

It doesn't look like any other schools are heavily involved in Jones' recruitment besides the aforementioned Sunshine State programs.

"I'm locked in with FSU and Miami right now," he said. "Go Noles."

Advertisement
I know this kid has openly stated his interest in FSU, but what is causing the current anxiety? Just some random dude on Twitter? Legit question.

I know this kid has openly stated his interest in FSU, but what is causing the current anxiety? Just some random dude on Twitter? Legit question.
That's why I'm not going to worry about it til something concrete happens. Nothing we can do about it anyways. It started with someone on Miami's 247 and then this twitter dude I think, no idea if the two were correlated or separate instances within quick succession.

Advertisement
That's why I'm not going to worry about it til something concrete happens. Nothing we can do about it anyways. It started with someone on Miami's 247 and then this twitter dude I think, no idea if the two were correlated or separate instances within quick succession.
This random dude from Twitter brother is on Clemson staff. He’s been said KJ Bolden was a lock to them months ago. I hope he is wrong but he rarely is

Advertisement
loiter-squad-meme.gif

wasnt it last week a kid committed elsewhere who was solid to that school posted an official Miami offer and said coach Addae "was a real one".

If the kid flips he flips, but isnt it entirely possible its just another kid saying thank you for the official offer letter which FSU just recently sent out?

So 2008 class never existed? C’mon man. Miami was stacking classes routinely ranked in the top 5s for multiple years when recruiting rankings were booming. Pulling multiple top 10 recruits yearly. **** even Richt pulled a top 8 class in 2018.

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVED the class last year, but on paper there’s been multiple classes better last 20 years.
No one can say this until we see them play! Bain and Wayne will impact the games. We have backers that look like how Miami should look. There’s plenty of talent but we have to see it get wins

No one can say this until we see them play! Bain and Wayne will impact the games. We have backers that look like how Miami should look. There’s plenty of talent but we have to see it get wins
That's the whole point of the qualifier of "on paper"

Advertisement
Back