Instant reaction podcast: Artavius Jones commits

We’ve missed a huge opp to just go full basketball school. We could be following the team in France instead of this lol.
I still follow the hoops team religiously. In my mind Miami is currently a hoops school and rightfully so. Elite 8s, a final 4. Beating top teams year in and year out...developing players, killing the portal. I knew it had changed when I was actually more excited for next basketball season then I was for the start of football season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I still follow the hoops team religiously. In my mind Miami is currently a hoops school and rightfully so. Elite 8 final 4. Beating top teams year in and year out...developing players, killing the portal. I knew it had changed when I was actually more excited for next basketball season then I was for the start of football season.

Appeared to play some solid ball in France…

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mac What the living heel did they serve at that barbeque?
Im Hungry Mac And Cheese GIF by Jenny Lorenzo

Advertisement
What the living heel did they serve at that barbeque?
I mentioned it in another thread previously. Supposedly The 2024 kids (aside from franklin) were treated like afterthoughts. I have now heard it from people close to EPL and McCoy echoing the same thing. They eventually were able to talk to coaches, but most of the time they had to wait for the 2025 kids to be done first. I'm not exactly sure what the strategy was with this, or if it was a complete oversight and the 2025 kids just searched out the staff first. Either way u have not heard of many 2024 kids enjoying the event as it related to going to Miami.

Advertisement
I still follow the hoops team religiously. In my mind Miami is currently a hoops school and rightfully so. Elite 8 final 4. Beating top teams year in and year out...developing players, killing the portal. I knew it had changed when I was actually more excited for next basketball season then I was for the start of football season.

I've said for years that's what we should focus on being. That coming from a guy who doesn't care anywhere near the same amount about basketball as I do college football.

We're not broke, but we aren't a deep pocketed school with endless funding. That's what you need today as things stand currently for football.

The available resources would go so much further than they do in football. Those mega comferences that are forming, we don't get in, so what with regards to the basketball plan. We're already in one with regards to basketball.

To me, if things don't work out for Mario and I'm a doubter for sure, why keep banging your head against the wall? ****, we think it's costly now to try and compete, wait until the mega conferences shape up. What in the world would we even do with the extra resources? Coat everything in gold since the land for the school is already maxed out?

I mentioned it in another thread previously. Supposedly The 2024 kids (aside from franklin) were treated like afterthoughts. I have now heard it from people close to EPL and McCoy echoing the same thing. They eventually were able to talk to coaches, but most of the time they had to wait for the 2025 kids to be done first. I'm not exactly sure what the strategy was with this, or if it was a complete oversight and the 2025 kids just searched out the staff first. Either way u have not heard of many 2024 kids enjoying the event as it related to going to Miami.
If that’s really what happened, that’s a major major **** up on the staph. We aren’t in a position to ****up recruitments after last season + not a bags school

Advertisement
Back