Inquiring Minds Want To Know

Thank you, but when you look at the history of mob behavior it has almost always ended very badly. They become squawking parrots repeating everything they read or hear. They do not have the courage or ability to think for themselves. And, being a part of a mob is the least courageous thing one can do. Their comments are filled with absurd rumors and outright lies. As you have seen on this thread they find false courage through the comments of others. The UM HERD has done catastrophic damage to the Canes football program and at some point soon the rest of college football will point that fact out, which is precisely the moment the squawking parrots will begin their flight North.
I tend to agree with your conclusion that these boards do more harm than good. I sat with a parent for the entire Pitt game and a large part of the conversation centered around message boards,twitter.. and how it is best for the players to not even read the filth that is written..but some players read it anyway and when a recruit on the fence reads it, they are more likely to choose another school.

Advertisement
Tennessee has money. Miami doesn't. Their fan's didn't just "burn the program to the ground"—they also support it financially in ways UM fans could never even imagine. 30K undergrads at a state program to 10K for private school UM. The city of Knoxville lives, eats, breaths, ***** and sleeps Volunteers football. Period. Neyland Stadium doesn't hold 102,455 people for ***** and grins.

Did you see their garbage-*** bowl game in Jacksonville against Indiana? Their fan base packed that place like it was actually a meaningful game (as they haven't see the postseason the past three seasons.)

Georgia has the largest recruiting budget in college football at $7M. Alabama is next at around $5.6M. Tennessee is third in the NCAA, spending about $5M annually over the same three-year period.

Tennessee's story is nothing like Miami's—outside the fact both have sucked for over a decade.

You simply don't know what you are talking about. I am intimately familiar with the Tennessee story and what transpired prior to the unholy assassination of Fulmer, and since. I first started following UM football in 1959, thus I have lived through the bad times, and the good times. When Manny Diaz was hired my first post stated that unless Manny figures out a way to dilute the impact of the HERD he will also be destroyed. Miami football is staring into the abyss and the administration is tiring of seeing the University associated with constant negativity, so changes that no one could have imagined just a few years ago may permanently cure the problem.

I've submitted the following question to several of the HERD brethren and received no response. Hopefully, the HERD members who read this can provide an answer:

After 15-plus-years of you HERD members attacking and degrading every single facet of the UM football program 24-hours a day/7-days a week, along with attacking various Coaches family members, please provide a detailed list of how your actions have improved the football operations.

If you are a college football fan, then you must be aware of Tenneessee's once-proud football program's descent into ****, that for the past decade-plus, they have been attempting, without success, to resurrect. But, like the Canes HERD, the Vols MOB burned their program to the ground, and now they can't even get a quality head coach prospect to return their calls, and quality recruits will have nothing to do with Tennessee football. Tennesse's story is a mirror image of Miami's horror story, with no end in sight.

NCAA President, Mark Emmert leveraged the Shapiro fiasco to try and destroy UM football and pointed out that the death penalty was not off the table. But, Emmert must be laughing his **** off knowing that UM's HERD accomplished what he couldn't, and applied their version of the death penalty to UM football.

First to say... they haven't. We are literally crabs in a bucket... and no one is getting out. The minute one of you motherf*ckers thinks something positive about the direction of the program, we will **** on you from a great height.

This is CanesInsight.

Now that I got that out of the way, the parallels between Miami and Tennessee are uncanny. Its almost madness just how similar the situations are... except UT has all of the resource in the world, huge endowment, 100k fans at every game, and still **** the bed.

Miami with the sanctions really hurt, but that was years ago. Right now, the biggest thing that is hurting us is pushing Richt to retire, and we are all well aware of that now.

All that being said (I know it was a lot), Manny might have **** the bed the first year, but in reality, I don't think it was all his fault. Moreover, he has been smart to address the issues that were hurting us and kicking the ******* OC off the team.

In summary, you can see that the team is literally cut in two. The defense has continued as Manny had it, and even with its issues, played very well. Its now time to figure out how to get the players on offense to follow this path.

He has another year, and we should all just shut the **** up and watch what happens in spring.

Tennessee has money. Miami doesn't. Their fan's didn't just "burn the program to the ground"—they also support it financially in ways UM fans could never even imagine. 30K undergrads at a state program to 10K for private school UM. The city of Knoxville lives, eats, breaths, ***** and sleeps Volunteers football. Period. Neyland Stadium doesn't hold 102,455 people for ***** and grins.

Did you see their garbage-*** bowl game in Jacksonville against Indiana? Their fan base packed that place like it was actually a meaningful game (as they haven't see the postseason the past three seasons.)

Georgia has the largest recruiting budget in college football at $7M. Alabama is next at around $5.6M. Tennessee is third in the NCAA, spending about $5M annually over the same three-year period.

Tennessee's story is nothing like Miami's—outside the fact both have sucked for over a decade.
Comparing the U to UTK is a farce. I've lived 120 miles from their campus for 35 years and you're absolutely correct in saying they live, breathe, and **** that pastel orange. There's no comparison when it comes to the football program at the U versus virtually any other in the country.

We caught lighting in a bottle when Schnelly came on board. Rode that momentum for 20 years. It's been all down hill since the momentum collapsed 15 years ago and will take a monumental effort to get it back - fans be damned.

Advertisement
I tend to agree with your conclusion that these boards do more harm than good. I sat with a parent for the entire Pitt game and a large part of the conversation centered around message boards,twitter.. and how it is best for the players to not even read the filth that is written..but some players read it anyway and when a recruit on the fence reads it, they are more likely to choose another school.

Miami should own South Florida recruiting, but today's 'impressionable' recruits have a plethora of options that they weren't necessarily aware of in the past. When one factors in those many options and couple them with the constant negativity coming from people who claim to be fans one would be a fool not to recognize the catastrophic damage the HERD has done to the program over the past many years.

Be well, my friend.

Last edited:
Lmao, here’s a question for you. How have any of those coaches faired elsewhere that we drove out of town? Coker? Golden? Shannon? Richt? Have any of them proven us wrong yet? Diaz will soon be added to the list of colossal failures. Maybe just maybe this time they’ll actually pony up the cash & get a guy like Matt Campbell & take winning seriously.

Burn!

First to say... they haven't. We are literally crabs in a bucket... and no one is getting out. The minute one of you motherf*ckers thinks something positive about the direction of the program, we will **** on you from a great height.

This is CanesInsight.

Now that I got that out of the way, the parallels between Miami and Tennessee are uncanny. Its almost madness just how similar the situations are... except UT has all of the resource in the world, huge endowment, 100k fans at every game, and still **** the bed.

Miami with the sanctions really hurt, but that was years ago. Right now, the biggest thing that is hurting us is pushing Richt to retire, and we are all well aware of that now.

All that being said (I know it was a lot), Manny might have **** the bed the first year, but in reality, I don't think it was all his fault. Moreover, he has been smart to address the issues that were hurting us and kicking the ******* OC off the team.

In summary, you can see that the team is literally cut in two. The defense has continued as Manny had it, and even with its issues, played very well. Its now time to figure out how to get the players on offense to follow this path.

He has another year, and we should all just shut the **** up and watch what happens in spring.

Thank you for your thoughtful and insightful comments.

Sadly, no sooner had the new offensive coordinator been appointed and the usual suspects started attacking him.

For many years the Florida Gators hands-down had the country's worst college football fanbase. And many marveled how so many ****holes could all come together in one place. Well, the Miami Hurricanes ripped that title away from the Gators and people I know who are associated with some of the best college football programs independently wonder how so many ****holes became associated with the Canes. We were once proudly known as the most confident, badass football team and fanbase. This whining, quitting, negative, hate-spewing fanbase is anything but badass.

Advertisement
Bingo!!

That Coker, Shannon, Golden canard is beneath you. I thought you were an intelligent, mature person, sadly that does not seem to be the case. Now run along and continue your courageous association with the HERD, but when the wind blows in a different direction your temporary loyalties will shift.
You thought I was a mature person? Lol. Have you seen me on here?

I bring trolls (like you but usually not at your quality level) to justice in a mythical kangaroo court and drenched myself in gaytor tears for years.

You simply don't know what you are talking about. I am intimately familiar with the Tennessee story and what transpired prior to the unholy assassination of Fulmer, and since. I first started following UM football in 1959, thus I have lived through the bad times, and the good times. When Manny Diaz was hired my first post stated that unless Manny figures out a way to dilute the impact of the HERD he will also be destroyed. Miami football is staring into the abyss and the administration is tiring of seeing the University associated with constant negativity, so changes that no one could have imagined just a few years ago may permanently cure the problem.

The very administration that ran off Butch, starting the ever accelerating fall into irrelevance, is held innocent by Mr BasSLURPER. How cute is that?

Those that would point out the incompetence, begging the administration to right the ship, are excoriated by shills. Is this a Bizzaro World or what?

Must be quite embarrassing to be a Slurper these days.

Wow! Look at you...Slurper...amazingly creative. Did you think that up on your own or do you have a 5-year old brother who hooked you up with that hysterical, creative, dagger in the heart label? Did you also create the label, poopoo head?

It would be a big mistake for someone to challenge your rapier wit and Stephen Hawking intellect.

Slurper...just a killer insult!!

The very administration that ran off Butch, starting the ever accelerating fall into irrelevance, is held innocent by Mr BasSLURPER. How cute is that?

Those that would point out the incompetence, begging the administration to right the ship, are excoriated by shills. Is this a Bizzaro World or what?

Do you Cats ever know what you are talking about?? Is it a requirement to be a pathological liar to be a HERD member?

It is well documented that the administration played hardball with Butch, but he had decided to sign with the Canes despite the tough negotiations.

But, his wife interceded and reminded him that just a few months earlier your kind were attacking the man calling him the worst coach in college football and flew a banner plane over the Orange Bowl with a moronic message. She went on to tell him that when he loses the first game the hate will start up again and damage his future marketability. Butch agreed and signed with the Browns.

Advertisement
OMG... this dude is blaming fans for the decline of the U since clappy Coker took over! LOL!

U can’t make this **** up! SMFH!

Advertisement
I've submitted the following question to several of the HERD brethren and received no response. Hopefully, the HERD members who read this can provide an answer:

After 15-plus-years of you HERD members attacking and degrading every single facet of the UM football program 24-hours a day/7-days a week, along with attacking various Coaches family members, please provide a detailed list of how your actions have improved the football operations.

If you are a college football fan, then you must be aware of Tenneessee's once-proud football program's descent into ****, that for the past decade-plus, they have been attempting, without success, to resurrect. But, like the Canes HERD, the Vols MOB burned their program to the ground, and now they can't even get a quality head coach prospect to return their calls, and quality recruits will have nothing to do with Tennessee football. Tennesse's story is a mirror image of Miami's horror story, with no end in sight.

NCAA President, Mark Emmert leveraged the Shapiro fiasco to try and destroy UM football and pointed out that the death penalty was not off the table. But, Emmert must be laughing his **** off knowing that UM's HERD accomplished what he couldn't, and applied their version of the death penalty to UM football.
Ernie...may I call you Ernie? Thanks!

Ernie,. You seem like a somewhat intelligent man. Usually, intelligent people are prone to provide quantitative data or some sort of concrete evidence to support their arguments.
You have failed epically in this regard. But hey...I'm a fair minded person. I would like to give you another opportunity. Please provide a list of the names of EVERY recruit who chose not to play for UM in the past 15 years. That's step 1.

Step 2...please provide the reasons why these recruits didn't choose us.

Step 3 IF there are recruits who chose not to play for us due to members of Canesinsight...please nightlight the names of those recruits AND name the specific members of Canesinsight whose negativity dissauded them from coming to the U.

After you have done that....comapare the negativity of our message board with other message boards and so an analysis, correlating the successes and failures of the football programs relative to the negativity of the fans' message boards.

After you have extrapolated the data, get back to us with your findings.

Until you do this, your unsubstantiated allegations are FAKE NEWS and you need to STFU bcuz you have no idea what ur talking about!

@Earnest T. Bass your herd material is killing it. No need to stray from it. Just wondering are you from Texas?

You are right, just look at all of the likes I received, along with all those who agree with my observations. I am truly humbled.

Where I came from is a long story... My formative years were spent at the North Pole having been accidentally transported there as a toddler and raised to adulthood among Santa's elves.

Unable to shake the feeling that I didn't fit in, I traveled to New York, in full elf uniform, in search of my real father.

As it happened, my real father was a hard-nosed, cynical businessman. After a DNA test proved we were, in fact, father and son, my father reluctantly attempted to start a relationship with me that for the most part went downhill. That is until one New York City Christmas Eve I introduced my father to Santa, which was the beginning of a wonderful father-son relationship.

Hopefully, this is not one of those 'Too much information moments'.

Thank you for being my most loyal supporter.

Advertisement
Back