Injury Report 10/12

It shouldn't be a huge issue if our LB wrap up when attempting to make tackles, unlike last week. We had so many missed tackles.

So true. If they can't get that cleaned up then bad things are gonna happen later this season...maybe starting this Saturday.

Advertisement
If we're missing guys for GT then I'm glad it's DBs. If we don't have a couple DBs who can tackle and play coverage against PeeWee level pass concepts then we weren't going anywhere this year anyway.

Fawk

Well...if we're going to get dinged up, I suppose it is better now than in a few weeks when we have VT and ND back to back.

Need to have some guys step up, especially in the secondary. We need better play out of that unit.

You rang?

Just kidding.

This is opportunity for some people to go and Debo some PT. Step up and be a hero boys, don't be afraid.

Ha! This actually made me LOL.

No doubt - I hope that Carter with his physical nature perhaps makes his presence known on Saturday. Perhaps moving a hulking safety around and narrowing his focus to simpler assignments will cover up the loss of some physicality on the perimeter.

This game is going to really test our staff and backup players. We just need to get a W. I don't care if it's by a point.

Advertisement
If we're missing guys for GT then I'm glad it's DBs. If we don't have a couple DBs who can tackle and play coverage against PeeWee level pass concepts then we weren't going anywhere this year anyway.

If that RB on the pitch gets outside the contain guy, those CBs are gonna need to shed a block and make a play. Not as simple as defending against a bad pass team.

We have a reportedly poor tackler and a true freshman stepping in for a physical senior. Def a downgrade. Big loss IMO.

Advertisement

If that RB on the pitch gets outside the contain guy, those CBs are gonna need to shed a block and make a play. Not as simple as defending against a bad pass team.

We have a reportedly poor tackler and a true freshman stepping in for a physical senior. Def a downgrade. Big loss IMO.
That's why I specifically mentioned tackling too. Getting off blocks and getting a guy on the ground isn't brain surgery. If you have good athleticism, like the backup DBs who should be playing have, then it's not atom splitting. Get there and wrap up.

Bandy is a bad *** little dude. He's going to put his face in there.

love everyone crying over Delaney when they were calling for his head a few weeks ago. Next man up!!! Good thing GT only throws 10 passes a game.

Getting off WR blocks and tackling on the outside more important for this game than covering. Definitely one part of the game where he is excelling, so a big loss in that regard.....need guys to step up

Jackson or Bandy can play that side w Kid Romeo or Carter at Safety.

You are correct in CB responsibility when it comes to this particular team.

And even though GT is almost dead last in the country in passing yards, when they do complete a pass, it usually goes for big or at least very decent yardage.

They are sixth in the country in yards per pass attempt.

The concern is the pound-pound-pound and then pull it back and hit someone for a 20 yd TD while everyone is spying the backfield and/or leaning forward. Again, it’s something that doesn’t happen a lot, but they can gash you with it a few times a game

Advertisement

And even though GT is almost dead last in the country in passing yards, when they do complete a pass, it usually goes for big or at least very decent yardage.

The concern is the pound-pound-pound and then pull it back and hit someone for a 20 yd TD while everyone is spying the backfield and/or leaning forward. Again, it’s something that doesn’t happen a lot, but they can gash you with it a few times a game
Based on the way we've been playing this year that was a concern even if Delaney and Redwine weren't hurt. Key here is that we get our bad tackling cleaned up this week. It won't be lack of athletic ability that gets us beat. It'll be the same garbage that has been haunting us all season.

Advertisement
Fawk

Well...if we're going to get dinged up, I suppose it is better now than in a few weeks when we have VT and ND back to back.

Need to have some guys step up, especially in the secondary. We need better play out of that unit.

You rang?

Just kidding.

This is opportunity for some people to go and Debo some PT. Step up and be a hero boys, don't be afraid.

Ha! This actually made me LOL.

No doubt - I hope that Carter with his physical nature perhaps makes his presence known on Saturday. Perhaps moving a hulking safety around and narrowing his focus to simpler assignments will cover up the loss of some physicality on the perimeter.

Then i did my job.

I'd love for Carter to make an impact, but Paul Johnson is a good playcaller and will have wrinkles to mess with the eyes of any replacement. I know a lot of people don't like Paul Johnson, but i think he is a good coach.

Based on the way we've been playing this year that was a concern even if Delaney and Redwine weren't hurt. Key here is that we get our bad tackling cleaned up this week. It won't be lack of athletic ability that gets us beat. It'll be the same garbage that has been haunting us all season.

That’s is correct. I think the only thing that worries some people is the perception that Delaney is a more physical, better tackling CB, than say, Dean. But you’re right, if we don’t get our tackling issues, and I would add gap/over-pursuit issues, cleaned up ASAP, then we are in trouble.

Advertisement
Back