Inheritance

Advertisement
Just came across this and found it interesting since it's something that gets talked about a lot but rarely quantified at scale. What are your thoughts?

I can see the difference between Louisville and Miami.

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

The only thing I got from that chart is that we’re on it way too many times
Ya the less you’re on this chart is probably better lol but I think one thing that’s interesting to look at here is the transition from Cristobal to Lanning.

I’d like to see a comparison showing where these coaches teams are currently

Advertisement
Ya the less you’re on this chart is probably better lol but I think one thing that’s interesting to look at here is the transition from Cristobal to Lanning.

I’d like to see a comparison showing where these coaches teams are currently
Oregon 10-1 and ranked #7 in country.
Miami 6-5 with multiple close losses to teams because that matters.

Advertisement
Imagine crying that Mario is improving the program, but with a Top 10-easiest position to fill in, he's 5-10 in the ACC and under .500 overall.

Let's see some fight from the slurpers, at least argue in favor of of Saint Mario "the Methodical" Cristobal.

Television Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll play the both sides of the coin argument here even though most of y’all know where I stand on Mario.

On one hand, Lanning at 10 shows that Mario left him in good hands and built that roster for him, so that’s good news. And yet, it’s also why I’m so hellbent on this 2024 recruiting class being subpar and not up to Mario standards, because only once at Oregon did he have a class with more 3-stars than blue chippers (2020).

2018 (transition class)
- #13 overall
- #17 average rating per recruit (89.18)
- 23 commits: 12 (4*), 11 (3*)

- #7 overall
- #11 average rating per recruit (90.85)
- 26 commits: 1 (5*), 15 (4*), 10 (3*)

- #12 overall
- #13 average rating per recruit (90.19)
- 23 commits: 3 (5*), 7 (4*), 12 (3*)

- #6 overall
- #7 average rating per recruit (92.48)
- 23 commits: 19 (4*), 4 (3*)

And that 2020 class, well I’ll take three five-stars any day of the week lol. Quality over quantity.

Compare this with his Miami classes (I won’t count 2022 for either Oregon or Miami, as Lanning flipped a few guys late and Mario did as well).

- #7 overall
- #6 average rating per recruit (91.78)
- 26 commits: 2 (5*), 14 (4*), 8 (3*)

2024…
- #11 overall
- #19 average rating per recruit (89.70)
- 26 commits: 10 (4*), 16 (3*)

On the other, all that talent people complained we didn’t have…well Mario has vastly underperformed. It’s no secret - he has a .333 winning percentage in the ACC lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back