Incredible to think Lamar Jackson

Miami should have offered him. His HS HL tape looked amazing.

Everyone's highlight tape looks amazing. Offer off game tape not hl

Which game tape to offer then? His best performance or worst? Game film against the best opponent or worst? Haha this notion is a myth. If a kid is a stud his highlight is good enough. Coaches know what to look for. I mean kids are getting offered for 7 on 7 flag. If that is the case then a hl film of them actually playing football will suffice. Oh and Jackson hl film was awesome.

He wasn't a blue chip. You watch a couple game films

Nobody does that.

Of the countless scouts I've met over the years, not a single one watched actual game film.

They don't have time for that.

Advertisement

Which game tape to offer then? His best performance or worst? Game film against the best opponent or worst? Haha this notion is a myth. If a kid is a stud his highlight is good enough. Coaches know what to look for. I mean kids are getting offered for 7 on 7 flag. If that is the case then a hl film of them actually playing football will suffice. Oh and Jackson hl film was awesome.

Nobody does that.

Of the countless scouts I've met over the years, not a single one watched actual game film.

They used to up until 7 years ago, that I know for sure

Once again coaches know what to look for. Most blue chip recruits get their reps from 7 on 7 or camps. We have a back committed that hasn't played in 2 years. Like I said which game tape to watch? The film against his best compt or worst comp? His best or worst performance? The whole game film argument is a bit exaggerated. I help local kids get schollies. Been doing for a minute. Very rarely (probably 1 time) has a coach asked me for a kid's game film. And I worked with FBS to NAIA. Communicated with p5 schools to juco. Anyway, we knew he was a dynamic dual threat qb. We just didn't want him.

Maybe now but wasn't the case a decade ago. If you have a few guys for one slot you watch game tape.

They've been watching strictly highlight tapes for yearrrrrs now. Most coaches don't take the time to sit there and go through a whole game. It only takes them a few plays to see something they like or dislike.

They have dozens of prospects on their board. There isn't enough time to watch game film of them all.

My DE just got offered by Colorado and he's been playing Right Tackle all year. He plays defense sparingly.

It wouldn't have mattered if Miami recruited Jackson. He wouldn't have been as successful here. Hopefully going forward we change out philosophy on offense so we can start signing kids like Jackson, Bridgewater, Geno, etc.

Under Golden, no he wouldnt of been successful. Replace him with Kayaa this year under Richt, and were undefeated.

Think so?

We don't do anything on offense that caters to his skill set.

And a lot of things that Miami would expect him to do, he wouldn't succeed at. Petrino isn't asking him to make a ton of pro reads, or throws. It's a lot of "First two reads aren't open, run" type stuff.

Advertisement
Lamar jackson had offers from UF.. FSU... but no Miami offer... smh

He didn't fit what we were trying to do on offense. That's why I always used to think that we needed to reconsider what kind of offense we were running, so we can start recruiting dynamic players like Jackson.

Golden's tenure was full of recruiting failures though. Mainly the evaluations.

Nobody does that.

Exactly... I've been assisting students with college and helping them earn schollies for sometime. I think maybe1 school asked me and it wasn't even an fbs. I have communicated with p5 programs and they never asked for a game film. As you stated there is no time for that. Plus who dictates which film to give them? The kid will always give their best film.

Once again coaches know what to look for. Most blue chip recruits get their reps from 7 on 7 or camps. We have a back committed that hasn't played in 2 years. Like I said which game tape to watch? The film against his best compt or worst comp? His best or worst performance? The whole game film argument is a bit exaggerated. I help local kids get schollies. Been doing for a minute. Very rarely (probably 1 time) has a coach asked me for a kid's game film. And I worked with FBS to NAIA. Communicated with p5 schools to juco. Anyway, we knew he was a dynamic dual threat qb. We just didn't want him.

Maybe now but wasn't the case a decade ago. If you have a few guys for one slot you watch game tape.

Not true man. Coaches have a lot of students on their boards. They don't have time for that. I only encounter that once and it was like a d2 school. No fbs or fcs has ever required my students to provide a game film.

Advertisement

Nobody does that.

Exactly... I've been assisting students with college and helping them earn schollies for sometime. I think maybe1 school asked me and it wasn't even an fbs. I have communicated with p5 programs and they never asked for a game film. As you stated there is no time for that. Plus who dictates which film to give them? The kid will always give their best film.

College coaches feel like they can turn anybody into a player as long as they're an athlete. I've seen (and had) quite a few players who didn't "bring it" every play but are still at D1 colleges right now.

Lamar jackson had offers from UF.. FSU... but no Miami offer... smh

He didn't fit what we were trying to do on offense. That's why I always used to think that we needed to reconsider what kind of offense we were running, so we can start recruiting dynamic players like Jackson.

Golden's tenure was full of recruiting failures though. Mainly the evaluations.

Don't even think Golden knew what he wanted to do on offense. We had no offensive identity while he was here. Like with Pastor Mark we know he wants the RPO. But Golden ??????

Advertisement
Was Jackson going to sit behind kaaya as we were mediocre ? The last staff wanted kaaya as their everything for as long as possible how do u spin that?

Jackson deserved it. Clemson didn't look as dominant throughout the regular season as they did last year. If you were going to give the Hiesman after the Natty then it would be a different story as Watson really distinguished himself.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back