In Mario We Trust?

Yet people are already up his *** here, lol. What's the new one? That a man who has made it to the top of his profession, built a tree of loyal coaches, has recruited like a god and won conference championships and major bowl games now has... decision paralysis? :LOL:

I really think everyone should have a nice steaming cup of STFU until we see what staff we land, how we close, and if I am pretending to be a rational human being, how the 2022 season and recruiting classes go. Twelve months and two weeks from now of unequivocal support.

I can't imagine being irresponsible and callous enough to know 1% of what's going on, and and still try to fill in the blanks with my own assumptions, rumors, and whatever today's anonymous boogeyman tells us, and think I know a god **** thing. Let alone rip Mario for it already.

This is war. We aren't going to win every battle. We are going up against entrenched, well-fortified highly armored opponents. We just started rebuilding our ****nal. But we have a top general leading us that we can trust unequivocally, and one day when we're standing at the top of CFB, each of us will need to look back and honestly think about whether we were part of the problem or part of the solution. Did Mario win because the fanbase was there to support him the way the admin and boosters are, or were we (by we I mean each of us - look in the mirror) someone Miami won in spite of?

The Rock Shut Up GIF by WWE
Basically our fan base is soft

Advertisement
Mario's recruiting classes ranking the past 3 years without T-Rob.

2021-6th
2020-12th
2019- 7th

Sucks to lose t-tob but to say losing him is a big blow to recruiting is Manny Diaz energy. Will be fine 🙂

Miami winning is the best recruiter
Agree. Been saying this for years.

There's only 2 ways to win though.

1. Out-coach your opponents (with the talent you currently have)
2. Out-talent your opponents

Manny couldn't recruit well enough, especially without quality wins under his belt.
And he couldn't out-coach anybody, so we continued to lose to mediocre teams.

The only way to recruit better is TO BE AN ANIMAL ON THE TRAIL or WIN BALL GAMES.
We couldn't do either.

That's the appearance at least.

I thought the delay may be due to waiting on college football games to wrap up or possibly the NFL. Thinking maybe that's where some of the staff would come from.

I guess we'll see on the NFL front, but if this was a rival of ours still trying to fill out their staff we'd be shredding them.
Ultimately all that matters is who we get. Everything else is just noise. "Appearance" and opinions of rival schools is irrelevant.

Advertisement
LOL. There is taking your time and then there is what he is doing.

It also appears he is striking out on his choices too.
Yeah i don’t like this at all! I didn’t think a head coach would take an OC job but Briles? Ever been to Arkansas? Who’s next?

Fughk Trob... biacth is all hype and Fughk Bama... likely the only school where the KKK is handing out NIL deals.

Ultimately all that matters is who we get. Everything else is just noise. "Appearance" and opinions of rival schools is irrelevant.

It isn't just noise as you're coming down the tracks with NLOI day approaching.

Obviously you focus on getting the right guys into coaching positions first, but for a recruit choosing where to go I would think it's almost an immediate disqualifier.

It'll work itself out and be what it is. It's just taking a long *** time and if the spots aren't filled with NFL personnel still playing, then what was up with the holdup?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big fan of TRob but we blew him out of proportion because of how ****** our recruiting was before him

I would much rather have him on staff but I’m not concerned about him leaving
He was getting hype before he came to Miami, CIS has always had a boner for him.

If Nick Saban has proven anything is that the only thing that matters is winning. That dude has had about 10 "recruiters of the year" who go on to lead absolutely nothing when they go elsewhere. Book it now, TRob will be the recruiter of the year in the next two years cause he will get 2-3 5 Stars and people will actually believe its him and not the winning Saban does. We win enough here, we will get more than our share.

Advertisement
If Nick Saban has proven anything is that the only thing that matters is winning. That dude has had about 10 "recruiters of the year" who go on to lead absolutely nothing when they go elsewhere. Book it now, TRob will be the recruiter of the year in the next two years cause he will get 2-3 5 Stars and people will actually believe its him and not the winning Saban does. We win enough here, we will get more than our share.
64EE6596-80B4-4D60-8658-9FC176D3D3F2.gif

Y’all were so used to Rumph whiffing on every cornerback in the top 500 that you forgot that there’s a ton of DB coaches out there that can recruit. TRob did a nice job in his one year here but he’s not irreplaceable

Advertisement
Back