In 4 of UM's 6 losses....

Honestly defense has done enough to win games. IMO defense doesn’t need an overhaul. Just few adjustments to the scheme and we’ll be ok.

Smh. Baker has been outcoached many times in a weak *** schedule. Imagine when we play someone with a QB or a pulse. This Defense is full gimmicks with ineffective blitzes, stupid substations and constant miscommunication on assignments. We are not taking the next step with this idiotic Defense.

Advertisement
I said they need an overhaul moron, learn how to read. GT 3-9, FIU 5-7, Duke 5-7, UNC 6-6, VT 8-4, UF 10-2, 4 of UM's 6 losses came against teams that won 6 games or less. Come with some facts!

So losing to bad teams means the defense is the problem? Your a real sharp one aren't you?

Advertisement
Stats mean nothing if you can't count on the defense to get a stop when you have to have one. This defense did not come through when it counted most. Undisciplined, fundamentally unsound, confused (uncovered receivers wide open for TDs in the 4th Q against FIU and Duke). Those are the relevant adjectives to describe this weak defense.

Have no idea how the defense is going relatively unscathed around here. The first 2 months they were atrocious and directly responsible for 2 losses. Then we have the last 2 weeks where they regressed badly to their early season form which played its part in 2 of our most embarrassing losses this past decade -- which is saying a lot.

FFS the coaching staff on that side of the ball Baker, Banda, Patke, Rumph and Stroud. It doesn't get much worse than those first 4. We must be a complete joke to HS kids on the recruiting trail.

They had a 4th qtr lead and surrendered a game-tying or game-winning TD drive. Also, trailing by 1 against VT after a missed extra point the defense allowed a TD when a stop was desperately needed. I don't want to hear any stats about tackles for loss or sacks. The defense needs an overhaul as well.
Say it louder for the folks in the back

Advertisement
They had a 4th qtr lead and surrendered a game-tying or game-winning TD drive. Also, trailing by 1 against VT after a missed extra point the defense allowed a TD when a stop was desperately needed. I don't want to hear any stats about tackles for loss or sacks. The defense needs an overhaul as well.

I have been saying this all season. The defense was good ole smoke and mirrors trash.

Smh. Baker has been outcoached many times in a weak *** schedule. Imagine when we play someone with a QB or a pulse. This Defense is full gimmicks with ineffective blitzes, stupid substations and constant miscommunication on assignments. We are not taking the next step with this idiotic Defense.
agree we are so exotic we scheme ourselves into trouble

Advertisement
Honestly defense has done enough to win games. IMO defense doesn’t need an overhaul. Just few adjustments to the scheme and we’ll be ok.

For my money, I have to wonder if our defense would look better overall if our offense could sustain drives better and score more damned points. I tend to think that it would. While the defense has had its share of idiotic moments (you can't defend 4th and 17, and continually giving up 3rd and long after 3rd and long to FIU) I still think the root cause of a lot of defensive issues is the offense wearing them out.

For my money, I have to wonder if our defense would look better overall if our offense could sustain drives better and score more damned points. I tend to think that it would. While the defense has had its share of idiotic moments (you can't defend 4th and 17, and continually giving up 3rd and long after 3rd and long to FIU) I still think the root cause of a lot of defensive issues is the offense wearing them out.
Is giving a lead to the defense in the 4th quarter not enough? Why can’t we get stops when we need them? 5 of the 6 losses in which the defense gave up a score in which they held the lead in the 4th quarter, that’s unacceptable

It's a horrible scheme when the other team has a 3rd and 15. They seem to always convert. I've never seen that in my life until this year.

Advertisement
Defense wasn’t elite. But it’s a 2 way street. If the offense isn’t in the bottom 10% in literally everything single metric, maybe you don’t need so many 4th quarter stops.

Points in the 4th quarter aren’t worth more than those in the first 3.

And in 6 of the 6 losses they had fewer points than the other team at the end of the game.

Weird.

Advertisement
Back