In 4 of UM's 6 losses....

The defense is good enough to have won all or almost all of those games with even a 60th ranked offense. Is it elite, no, and would get chewed up by good or great offenses.

Still, considering those losses, they weren't helped out offensively. Our three and outs, kicking game, general lack of production on offense, turnover happy games, leaves far too many opportunities for the opposing offense. There's not a lot of defenses that could essentially win is games with the way our offense is basically setting them up for failure.
Exactly. Not calling the defense perfect at all. Gave up some horrible plays. But you also cant expect them to have shutouts every fourth quarter. Other teams are going to score. The defense has done what theyve needed to do and has had the offense do NOTHING.

I am also positive, theyd be playing more inspired football if points were going on the board.

Advertisement
Exactly. Not calling the defense perfect at all. Gave up some horrible plays. But you also cant expect them to have shutouts every fourth quarter. Other teams are going to score. The defense has done what theyve needed to do and has had the offense do NOTHING.

I am also positive, theyd be playing more inspired football if points were going on the board.
They gave the offense the ball on a TO in prime position to put that game on ice early in the 4th qt..that’ drive ended in a punt..that is absolutely demoralizing

They had a 4th qtr lead and surrendered a game-tying or game-winning TD drive. Also, trailing by 1 against VT after a missed extra point the defense allowed a TD when a stop was desperately needed. I don't want to hear any stats about tackles for loss or sacks. The defense needs an overhaul as well.
You can fail to want to hear what the fck ever you want, but that doesn't change the fact that you can't pin our loses on the defense.

Could they have played better? Sure.

But only a complete dipsht thinks that our biggest problem is our defense.

You can fail to want to hear what the fck ever you want, but that doesn't change the fact that you can't pin our loses on the defense.

Could they have played better? Sure.

But only a complete dipsht thinks that our biggest problem is our defense.
I said they need an overhaul moron, learn how to read. GT 3-9, FIU 5-7, Duke 5-7, UNC 6-6, VT 8-4, UF 10-2, 4 of UM's 6 losses came against teams that won 6 games or less. Come with some facts!

Advertisement

Agree especially with the last paragraph!

The only one involved with the team that can be proud of their body of work this year is Sebastian.

Baxa missed the go ahead extra point against Virginia Tech. As I said yesterday, a hallmark of Diaz's tenure has been the defense giving up touchdowns or field goals when his defense needed to make a critical stop.

Mammy has the best defense in the world until the other team really needs to score. Then the defense disappears.

Advertisement
Idk how it’s a “Gimmick” scheme.. it’s a one gap aggressive system that everyone clamored for here..it’s still a top 15 D. Kids are still producing. The overall scheme isn’t the problem..but you leave any great or good defense on the field as much as we have the last 2 games and see what happens..patriots last night was a prime example

Teams have adjusted to the "striker" nonsense. They are trying to get their quicker guy matched up against whoever we have out there at striker and at our slow LBs and it's killing us. Quick passes in the flat with a lot of yac to make our pass rush meaningless.

Teams have adjusted to the "striker" nonsense. They are trying to get their quicker guy matched up against whoever we have out there at striker and at our slow LBs and it's killing us. Quick passes in the flat with a lot of yac to make our pass rush meaningless.
You realize the “striker” is just a extra DB on the field..it’s a nickel package..it’s not a gimmick

Advertisement
I told y’all that this soft *** Diaz 4-2-5 bs is trash and the Striker position is trash and some of y’all tried to clown me for making that thread ... we need to go to a hybrid 3-4 like LSUs defense.

Advertisement
You realize the “striker” is just a extra DB on the field..it’s a nickel package..it’s not a gimmick

It's a hybrid LB/S and it is a gimmick. It worked last year but teams have made us pay for not having an actual nickel corner there. We probably would have been better served using Bandy there but we couldn't risk moving him and playing two green guys on the boundary.

They had a 4th qtr lead and surrendered a game-tying or game-winning TD drive. Also, trailing by 1 against VT after a missed extra point the defense allowed a TD when a stop was desperately needed. I don't want to hear any stats about tackles for loss or sacks. The defense needs an overhaul as well.

but i was told manny’s scheme was amazing

This is the worst cornerback play we've had in years. Rumph's lackluster recruiting has really bit us in the ***.

Which of our corners scares opposing defenses? Bandy regressed big time. Ivey was trash for most of the year. Blades was solid, but nothing special.

Thank god we didn't face many good passing QB's. The few times we did (Howell), we got shredded.

Advertisement
Back