Impact of McDermott commitment

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami added its fifth commitment of the 2014 class today with Palm Beach Central OT Kc McDermott announcing his intentions to become a ‘Cane. What does this commitment mean? Well for starters, Miami has done a good job so far in this class of locking up talent in South Florida. Although the Palm Beach area is not necessarily considered “South Florida,” McDermott is a national recruit who will not waver from his commitment.

The ‘Canes were always the heavy favorites here, but Notre Dame gave Miami fans a little scare in the end. Alin Edouard, Joseph Yearby, Nick Linder, Trevor Darling and McDermott are all recognizable and influential recruits within the community down here and will undoubtedly help to round out the remainder of this class. The offensive line class is also shaping up as one of the best in the country.

In college, McDermott is projected to play offensive tackle. You can read a detailed breakdown of his ability here from CanesInSight’s Cameron Underwood: http://canesinsight.com/threads/51933-The-Recruit-Notebook-Kc-McDermott

Tito Benach will have an interview with McDermott later tonight.

Advertisement
Great for UM. Now we need some big boy's on the Dline side, I am at least committed one war daddy in the middle just to make the othere Dt's get nervous and want to commit in order to protect their spot. But again welcome KC.

Go Canes!

An I am thinking Kaaya also but lets see how things shake out.

I would also if UM can't flip Dalvin Cook, I would say make a run for 2014 RB Brandon Powell he would easily fill that scat back /3rd down back role.
UM will be in need of depth at RB position in 2014 even if we take 3 in the 2013 class

Go Canes!

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/huddle-brandon-powell-deerfield-beach

Brandon Powell highlights
[video=youtube;4wFVkEena6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4wFVkEena6w[/video]

Advertisement
When was Palm Beach County not in S Florida....

Education system continues to fall apart...

When was Palm Beach County not in S Florida....

Education system continues to fall apart...

That's funny right there. Its almost as bad as all the Red Neck citizens and front line public officials of Lee County, FL creating a public panic when a local radio station morning DJ made an announcement that dihydride monoxide was coming out of the faucets where he lived. So who knows what goes on some peoples minds in south Florida.

Go Canes!

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/308374/19/April-Fools-prank-about-dihydrogen-monoxide-in-water-gets-Gator-Country-1019-deejays-suspended

Advertisement
3.png

We have three tremendous OL coming in and probably looking to add 1-2 more. I don't get how a QB/RB isn't creaming at the opportunity to play behind the talent we have coming in on OL.

Advertisement
T: McDermott
G/C: Linder
G: Darling

With the possibility of 1-2 of the following

G: Martinez
T: Gibbons
C/G: Terry

Really like what we are doing with the OL right now. I know there were some concerns early in golden's tenure, I'm thinking those have been put to rest.

Really like what we are doing with the OL right now. I know there were some concerns early in golden's tenure, I'm thinking those have been put to rest.

Going to need to bring in some DTs in this class. He is bringing in the bookends (DE) but we will need 3 DTs in this class and maybe a JUCO.

Advertisement
When it comes to recruiting, South Florida is generally considered Dade and Broward

When it comes to recruiting, South Florida is generally considered Dade and Broward

By Bluestein, maybe. But the first scrimmage Golden held was at Spanish River High School, so I think this staff is very clear about the fact that 305, 954 AND 561 are South Florida.

Advertisement
Back