Imagine if they stayed

I see you idiots still think whatever we trot out at QB will somehow be better than Kaaya.

In 3 week this board will be clamoring for The Stone Footed Sloth.

Because Kaaya had a way of showing up big time against big name teams. And NO I don't mean FSU. I'm talking about top tier competition like Virginia, Pitt, Cincinnati, and Washington State.

Advertisement
Imagine if all those quitters didn't bail on their brothers, what would our roster look like.
Yearby, Gus Edwards, Jenkins, Linder, Odogwu, Allison, **** Even Kayaa bailing on us for a seventh round pick and the others that don't come to mind. If they don't want to be Hurricanes, then see ya, we don't want you.

But, wow, if we would have kept them.

we'd lose to FSU

Advertisement
Give me Yearby, Haskins & Willis.

The rest we don't need.

I kinda like Gus over Yearby on our current RB depth chart.
And maybe he could've done some FB work here and there.

Please explain why. Just curious.

First. I'd love to have either on roster. If given a choice, id take Gus w current situation

25-30 lbs and set 364 power clean record at Miami (as sophomore). Record was McGahee's

Yearby 40 at combine 4.7 and 4.74
Gus 40 in 2015 ran 4.51 (not sure if hand timed)

YPC
Gus 5.3
Yearby 5.4

We have very little Depth at RB and FB. I think Gus could play FB. He did in HS

But who cares about those workout or combine numbers? Gus was consistently stuffed on short yardage or goal line carries. That power clean record didn't mean **** the countless times when all we needed was for him to pick up a yard or two.

Give me Yearby, Haskins & Willis.

The rest we don't need.

I kinda like Gus over Yearby on our current RB depth chart.
And maybe he could've done some FB work here and there.

Please explain why. Just curious.

First. I'd love to have either on roster. If given a choice, id take Gus w current situation

25-30 lbs and set 364 power clean record at Miami (as sophomore). Record was McGahee's

Yearby 40 at combine 4.7 and 4.74
Gus 40 in 2015 ran 4.51 (not sure if hand timed)

YPC
Gus 5.3
Yearby 5.4

We have very little Depth at RB and FB. I think Gus could play FB. He did in HS

But who cares about those workout or combine numbers? Gus was consistently stuffed on short yardage or goal line carries. That power clean record didn't mean **** the countless times when all we needed was for him to pick up a yard or two.

College recruiters and NFL scouts care. Thats why they're measured.
Glen Sharpe, however, did not care. And let's dispel w the notion that the other ten guys have nothing to do w goal line offense.

But as to your claim that Gus got pushed back on goal line frequently (as you've at least implied). On what particular of these countless occasions? Do you have examples? Can you say Yearby was never stuffed behind or at the line of scrimmage? On goal line?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah, some of dem bois would have helped the team. But most of dem are quitters who their brothers could not count on. ***** em.

Imagine if all those quitters didn't bail on their brothers, what would our roster look like.
Yearby, Gus Edwards, Jenkins, Linder, Odogwu, Allison, **** Even Kayaa bailing on us for a seventh round pick and the others that don't come to mind. If they don't want to be Hurricanes, then see ya, we don't want you.

Whiner

Lol I see upgrades at every position on the team now in comparison to the names you mentioned.

Kayya is better than Malik, that's why he beat him out every year.

Kaaya would've lost his spot if he came back this season

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Kaaya would be the starter no doubt about it. However, just like Penn State losing Hackenburg, it benifted them. Maybe it will benefit us.

Love the ****** logic that the team won't be as good because a limited QB left. This dopey crap is getting spewed repeatedly despite a million examples of teams performing as well or better with the QB who used to back up the guy who left.

These young men have to make their own decisions. Some will be good decisions, some won't be. But I have not, nor will I ever call a Cane who chooses to go elsewhere for more playing time a quitter. You don't get better by riding the pine or being on scout team. You get better by playing and since some of these guys are not going to play they need to be somewhere else; Miami is just not where they're supposed to be. And there shouldn't be anything wrong with that.

Adrian Colbert was not appreciated at Texas. Moving to Miami was the best thing for him, Texas and Miami. Same goes for Sunny Odogwu moving on to UCLA. But Sunny's a quitter? Really? Linder wants to play and the consensus is that he's not good enough to play for Miami...then what's the hate for? Gus wanted to play, not watch, I respect that. We should have nothing but contributors on our squad. I won't even address the Kaaya comments.

Sometimes the game slows down and things click and guys become different better players at their new schools/environments. Sometimes less competition allows athletes to build confidence and play stronger/faster. And sometimes they're just not good enough to play tier-1, D-1 ball. But, the young men should have their choices respected, especially when they're not tier1, D-1, Miami-caliber.

No wonder Cowherd said Miami is 90% bandwagon fans.

Advertisement
Lol I see upgrades at every position on the team now in comparison to the names you mentioned.

No. Kaaya would have ended the battle quick in the spring. Rosier and sheriffs was shït in the spring.

All the subtle things Coach Richt has talked about in what he's looking for in a qb and what he's been impressed with Nkosi and Malik are low key shots at Kaayas flaws. I think at best Kaaya would've been splitting reps with a more capable qb.

No. Kaaya would have ended the battle quick in the spring. Rosier and sheriffs was shït in the spring.

All the subtle things Coach Richt has talked about in what he's looking for in a qb and what he's been impressed with Nkosi and Malik are low key shots at Kaayas flaws. I think at best Kaaya would've been splitting reps with a more capable qb.

Yes. Recruiting of Weldon and Sitkowski too for that matter.

I'd like to have the two OL and Kaaya....other than that, its alright. I also don't like calling kids quitters and bashing them for doing something that they feel is good for them. School bascially cut kids all the time by encouraging them to leave. You are just ok with that cause it serves your best interest.

Advertisement
Back