I'm still not sold on CMR the play caller.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm sure he'll spend more time breaking down film now that you've expressed your concern.

Halfback pass in a Blizzard, during a Bowl game...

#NeverForget

Lol classic, I'm glad those days are in the past
Gotta always keep things in perspective, before people start bhitchin about Richt's playcalling they should be thankful we don't have JC anymore.

It also needs to be noted that Richt's playcalling was hampered by Kaaya's inability to actually come off of his first read.
Combine that with a lack of any kind of pocket presence or escability whatsoever, then add on a suspect OL & you get the 4 game stretch from last year.

I'm not saying that Richt is some kind of offensive genius, but his resume is solid enough from his days at FSU & UGA that should give him a lil more leeway as playcaller amongst our fanbase.

The 2nd half of the season he showed he was willing to adjust things & make Kaaya more comfortable & it played a huge part in the 5 game win streak.

However, it's a little unfair to be to hypercritical of him considering he hasn't had his QB run his system yet.

Preach.

Advertisement
Personnel, personnel, personnel! I also remember a time when people were saying that Diaz was a horrible DC. Until Richt has the right pieces (his players) in place, any judgement regarding his play calling is a bit premature, if not unwarranted.

Personnel, personnel, personnel! I also remember a time when people were saying that Diaz was a horrible DC. Until Richt has the right pieces (his players) in place, any judgement regarding his play calling is a bit premature, if not unwarranted.

Yes, and I remember people saying we just need a monster DT for Doritos system too.

I do believe Richt needs more time for proper evaluation, but don't give me that he didn't have the right players bulls-hit. A good coach/manager/CEO doesn't force pegs into holes that don't fit, he simply finds different holes. ( I do love holes BTW)

To be fair, many of the early Golden defensive moves were based around personnel. ("Golden runs a 3-4 wait until he gets his players").

When the play calling is that bland and predictable it's usually an indictment on the coaching more than players. I think many coaches would have put together a more efficient offense with our chips than what we saw.

A lot of times fans dissatisfaction during games wears off during the offseason and they forget they negatives that surfaces consistently throughout the season. Richt's play calling should be under just as big a telescope as the QB position this season

Yes, and I remember people saying we just need a monster DT for Doritos system too.

I do believe Richt needs more time for proper evaluation, but don't give me that he didn't have the right players bulls-hit. A good coach/manager/CEO doesn't force pegs into holes that don't fit, he simply finds different holes. ( I do love holes BTW)

Stopped reading after you compared Richt to Dorito.

Advertisement

To be fair, many of the early Golden defensive moves were based around personnel.
("Golden runs a 3-4 wait until he gets his players").

When the play calling is that bland and predictable it's usually an indictment on the coaching more than players. I think many coaches would have put together a more efficient offense with our chips than what we saw.

A lot of times fans dissatisfaction during games wears off during the offseason and they forget they negatives that surfaces consistently throughout the season. Richt's play calling should be under just as big a telescope as the QB position this season

What is up with the Dorito/Golden comparisons to Richt? The only commonality that Richt has with Golden is the fact that they were both HC's at Miami. Comparing Richt to Golden is like comparing a big wheel to a Maserati, because they both happen to be forms of transportation.

Stopped reading after you compared Richt to Dorito.

I wouldn't say I'm comparing Richts play calling to that of Dorito, but instead I'm comparing people giving a pass to both because of the lack of players to fit that system. Create a system for the players you have playing for you to maximize their potential.

To be fair, many of the early Golden defensive moves were based around personnel.
("Golden runs a 3-4 wait until he gets his players").

What is up with the Dorito/Golden comparisons to Richt? The only commonality that Richt has with Golden is the fact that they were both HC's at Miami. Comparing Richt to Golden is like comparing a big wheel to a Maserati, because they both happen to be forms of transportation.
And even that is a stretch, I am not sure what Golden was actually doing here.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Kaya missed high, which is a sin of throwing over the middle, so maybe, just maybe, there was a reason he didn't throw over the middle? The other issue, and maybe Pete can find the interview and repost it, is Richt said that when transitioning from UGA, chapter 3 of his playbook (shallow cross, attacking middle of defense) got hacked and corrupted; he said he regretted not printing out a hard copy while in transit; all previous print outs at UGA, were the sole property of UGA, and he would not lay the $100,000 they wanted for a copy.

One thing we have to understand about Richt's play calling is that he relies a lot on the Oline (run game), we all know that our Oline sucked last year, could never run the ball with any type of consistency. So most of the time we were one dimensional, not making any excuses because you have to adjust to your weakness, but we can not just abandon the run game and Richt is oldschool so he will run the ball. Remember Butch Davis wasn't the best play caller either. I think our offense will have more spark this season with influx of talent at WR, I remember Richt saying he wanted more speed at the WR position. Just my 2 cents.

Some of y'all mfs are just stupid..... now this was a valid concern during our 4 game losing streak.... but for this to come after the 5 wins to end the season? Come tf on....

Advertisement
Back