I'm Rooting for Losses

What reaches a higher level of idiocy?

A) Rooting for the Canes to lose to teams like VTech, FSU etc and calling your self a Canes fan or
B) Posting it on a site devoted to following Canes football, as opposed to on a FSU or UF board.

No question that AG is a tired act and his tone deaf response has turned off many who want to cheer for him and the team. But wishing the Canes lose?

But, the logic is that AG will get fired and then the U will bring in "...an elite replacement". Of course this ignores that the U's recent track record for coaches isn't so strong. They not only hired AG but they will have to pay a zillion dollars thru something like 2020 so they won't be pulling out bags of money. There is no fairy tale ending here with Butch Davis or Gruden showing up to march the U back to prominence. Its not going to happen and its possible that you are better off with the devil you know...While i hope thats not the case, in the meantime i still want to see Miami winning some games on National TV.

That being said, maybe once AG gets fired the new elite replacement will take less $$$ just to join the legion of supportive and encouraging fans that are loyal to the core. Oh wait......

giphy.gif

Advertisement
No real fan roots for his team to lose...

lets get this straight
some of you guys are gonna root for Vtech and fsu to win?

No real fan roots for their teams rival

No real fan roots for Golden and crew to stay, crapping over our kids and the fans, year after year.

He's like gas gangrene. It must be amputated, not debrided.

That's all the OP is saying.

Title of thread

"I'm Rooting for Losses"
This means you get enjoyment when Miami loses. Are you gonna start doing the tomahawk chop during the FSU game? Are gonna do whatever little chant Vtech does?

Maybe its just me but I get no enjoyment when teams score on Miami or when they beat Miami. Its not in me. I cant do the tomahawk chop, Im sorry I cant.

No real fan roots for his team to lose...

lets get this straight
some of you guys are gonna root for Vtech and fsu to win?

No real fan roots for their teams rival

No real fan roots for Golden and crew to stay, crapping over our kids and the fans, year after year.

He's like gas gangrene. It must be amputated, not debrided.

That's all the OP is saying.

Title of thread

"I'm Rooting for Losses"
This means you get enjoyment when Miami loses. Are you gonna start doing the tomahawk chop during the FSU game? Are gonna do whatever little chant Vtech does?

Maybe its just me but I get no enjoyment when teams score on Miami or when they beat Miami. Its not in me. I cant do the tomahawk chop, Im sorry I cant.

What's WRONG with you?

NO! I don't find enjoyment when other teams score on us, but every loss means we get closer to getting rid of Golden, getting a genuine football coach, and start smoking the ACC and the rest.

I don't enjoy a root canal, but damned if I haven't actually showed up at my appointment to get one. Why? To get something FIXED!

****, ya'll dense.

Advertisement
Another "I'm a better fan than you are" thread, ... awesome.

Golden is an absurd joke, and there is nothing that you can do about it. Root for the "Canes;" root against them. Makes no difference. They'll crap the bed with or without you.

Golden must've hired some GOONS to work the message boards

View attachment 31274

It's one or two HUMAN BEINGS....through the magic of registration they simply create 6 or 7 names each. There's a good chance those 2 human beings are either related to Golden or are on the payroll for the University.

And thus the real problem I have with Folden...he can put effort into goonin on the message boards, but can't 1) win the big game 2) fire his d-coordinator 3) take care of the business at hand with these recruits.

Title of thread

"I'm Rooting for Losses"

The title is to get your attention. OP closed by writing:

Rooting for losses is rooting for the resurrection of our once great program.

Advertisement
I think Golden is gone regardless.

If you're brother boxes and had outgrown his trainer but is loyal to him for whatever reason would root for him to get knocked out just so he could fire him?

Hey, why not sit back and let the players and coaches play out the season. Let nature take its course. No need to be ugly or act stupid rooting against team.

Advertisement
Golden must've hired some GOONS to work the message boards

View attachment 31274

It's one or two HUMAN BEINGS....through the magic of registration they simply create 6 or 7 names each. There's a good chance those 2 human beings are either related to Golden or are on the payroll for the University.

Ah, the "Jedi" idiot still pushing his nonsense about multiple accounts. Funny thing is, in reality you and yours are the minority. You are just far more vocal...sort of like the nutty religious right that represents a small percentage of the population but is constantly heard predicting their end of world doom and gloom. THere are many fans who don't agree with your nonsense. No multiple user names necessary.

Advertisement
I would never root for losses either. I also hope Al figures it out and we get on the right path. I do not think a coaching change will go as smoothly as many on this or other boards anticipate.

The people still supporting the program don't know any better. They either became fans during the mid-2000s and think 9-3 is a great accomplishment, or they don't realize the university doesn't give a **** about their support. The 2011 Golden extension and not firing Golden after the 2014 season was a direct middle finger to the fans. You're battered wives.

0-12 and empty seats please.

I had a nice sojourn away from the board, but with the season nearing, I'm back.

It's become that special time in a failed coaching regime where the best thing that can happen for the long term health of the team is for the results to be so poor that a new regime is brought in.

This is the least excited I am for a 'Canes season since '07, and I'm significantly more indifferent now than I have ever been.

I love our players, and hope they have a tremendous amount of success in life on or off the field. But I love the Miami Hurricane Football program a lot more than any individual player. And the only way we will get our program back is if we get rid of this joke coach and his joke staff, and bring in an elite replacement. To ensure that happens, I believe we need to lose 6 or 7 times this year.

The U that I fell in love with is dead. Rooting for losses is rooting for the resurrection of our once great program.

I guess there always has to be a handful of sorry people like you. Best thing you can do is find another team to cheer for. This team is going to be a Winner this year.

I had a nice sojourn away from the board, but with the season nearing, I'm back.

It's become that special time in a failed coaching regime where the best thing that can happen for the long term health of the team is for the results to be so poor that a new regime is brought in.

This is the least excited I am for a 'Canes season since '07, and I'm significantly more indifferent now than I have ever been.

I love our players, and hope they have a tremendous amount of success in life on or off the field. But I love the Miami Hurricane Football program a lot more than any individual player. And the only way we will get our program back is if we get rid of this joke coach and his joke staff, and bring in an elite replacement. To ensure that happens, I believe we need to lose 6 or 7 times this year.

The U that I fell in love with is dead. Rooting for losses is rooting for the resurrection of our once great program.

I guess there always has to be a handful of sorry people like you. Best thing you can do is find another team to cheer for. This team is going to be a Winner this year.

Yeah! Go team! It's all about the U!

Advertisement
Back