I'm not convinced yet that Manny's not the guy, however...

I want everyone to remember that this staff was pieced together by Manny.

1. He chose the S&C coach from Temple (which now looking back at those 1 min clips, he & his strength staff were helping players bench 2 & 3/4 plates, snatching it up. That’s a no, no. You can help guide, but snatching it is you doing 30% of the rep for the person and it’s a testament to the lack of strength these guys have.)

2. What’s most troubling is that he waited, and waited, and waited to hire Dan Enos and the guy is getting $1m for this chit. Harrell was available. Fedora was available. He bragged about this grand slam hire.

3. Enos was allowed to hand picked Butch Barry b/c of his time w him at CMU.

4. Diaz kept Rumph, Banda, Patke, and he hired a guy from AKRON b/c of what he did at NC St w Mario Williams back in 06! (Eerily similar to Golden justifying the hire of No D b/c of Mohammad Wilkerson)

5. Manny hired Taylor Stubblefield due to his familiarity w Enos. Stubblefield has produced exactly 0 draft picks at his coaching position.

6. Manny hired Hickson, who spent one yr at KSU, and the rest was at AKRON and a CC.

7. Manny hired Stephen Field, where his coaching experience was high school, one yr coaching TEs and recruiting at FAMU, and the last 3 yrs, no coaching at all...just serving as a recruiting coordinator.

So; my point is we shouldn’t be surprised that we started 0-2 against P5 comp. We shouldn’t be surprised that our trench game sucks at the point of attack. We shouldn’t be surprised that we are struggling against G5 opponents, when he hired G5 coaches. Enos spent 1 yr at Bama w the QBs, but it was Locksley calling the plays, and as we can see, his tutelage was chit in Tuscaloosa b/c both Hurts and Tua look just fine, if not better, w/o him.

Manny was given free reign to pick his staff, and by all accounts, good $ was used. If this season is a failure, look no further than what took place in January, Manny putting his staff together.
Stumblefield came from a ******* option offense. :snoopfacepalm: Somehow catching a bunch of passes makes you qualified to be a coach. This bum has never stayed at a place for more than 2 years.

As bad as Enos is, Baker is the biggest corch in a staff full of corches. He's running ******* 3 man fronts out here. :snoopfacepalm:Stroud is pretty much a zombie. As bad as Kool was at recruiting, he could teach. Our DL has no ******* moves. Really makes you miss Simpson right now.

Anyways, what else did you expect. Manny doesn't have the respect, no respectable coach was going to come with him. This staff isn't even on G5 level.

Advertisement
1) No HC should ever be learning on the job at Miami.

2) half the roster he inherited was his own creation

3) his only other option as a coach was a ****** MAC school

4) this is the least qualified, most amateur staff we have ever had. he hired them

5) unless you pay recruits, kids wont come here if you are experiencing growing pains with a “young coach” and his “young staff”. it is SO EASY to negative recruit against us with that garbage excuse.

Manny's learning curve compared with what I hoped it would be
learning_curve.jpg

I want everyone to remember that this staff was pieced together by Manny.

1. He chose the S&C coach from Temple (which now looking back at those 1 min clips, he & his strength staff were helping players bench 2 & 3/4 plates, snatching it up. That’s a no, no. You can help guide, but snatching it is you doing 30% of the rep for the person and it’s a testament to the lack of strength these guys have.)

2. What’s most troubling is that he waited, and waited, and waited to hire Dan Enos and the guy is getting $1m for this chit. Harrell was available. Fedora was available. He bragged about this grand slam hire.

3. Enos was allowed to hand picked Butch Barry b/c of his time w him at CMU.

4. Diaz kept Rumph, Banda, Patke, and he hired a guy from AKRON b/c of what he did at NC St w Mario Williams back in 06! (Eerily similar to Golden justifying the hire of No D b/c of Mohammad Wilkerson)

5. Manny hired Taylor Stubblefield due to his familiarity w Enos. Stubblefield has produced exactly 0 draft picks at his coaching position.

6. Manny hired Hickson, who spent one yr at KSU, and the rest was at AKRON and a CC.

7. Manny hired Stephen Field, where his coaching experience was high school, one yr coaching TEs and recruiting at FAMU, and the last 3 yrs, no coaching at all...just serving as a recruiting coordinator.

So; my point is we shouldn’t be surprised that we started 0-2 against P5 comp. We shouldn’t be surprised that our trench game sucks at the point of attack. We shouldn’t be surprised that we are struggling against G5 opponents, when he hired G5 coaches. Enos spent 1 yr at Bama w the QBs, but it was Locksley calling the plays, and as we can see, his tutelage was chit in Tuscaloosa b/c both Hurts and Tua look just fine, if not better, w/o him.

Manny was given free reign to pick his staff, and by all accounts, good $ was used. If this season is a failure, look no further than what took place in January, Manny putting his staff together.

This is a great summary of the terrible decisions by Manny that have resulted in us looking so horribly coached.

Advertisement
I gave up on him the minute he was hired, I couldn't ***** believe it, what in the **** has Manny ever done that says he is qualified for this job. Can somebody please answer that for me

Many is the coach and will right the ship. He was flipping out at the defense late in the game for those 4 penalties. If the mental development doesn't clean up many will get rid of coaches

Many is the coach and will right the ship. He was flipping out at the defense late in the game for those 4 penalties. If the mental development doesn't clean up many will get rid of coaches

Blah blah blah... Manny is a Miami guy, Manny just gets it, Manny was yelling at the D. Who gives a ****? The guy is unable to prepare the team to play football on a weekly basis. This is a hallmark of a bad head coach. There is no
“righting the ship.” The ship sunk already and the players and coaches are scrambling for the lifeboats.

Advertisement
Diaz is 4 games in with a team that was 7-6 last season. Most here believed we should run the table and be in the playoff and that there were not going to be growing pains.

With that said: Manny must show that he’s able to adapt and not just keep doing the same thing when it’s not working and blame it on execution. This was the closest feeling I’ve had of a win that felt like a loss.

Diaz is 4 games in with a team that was 7-6 last season. Most here believed we should run the table and be in the playoff and that there were not going to be growing pains.

With that said: Manny must show that he’s able to adapt and not just keep doing the same thing when it’s not working and blame it on execution. This was the closest feeling I’ve had of a win that felt like a loss.
I totally agree with second part, i posted couple weeks ago, he has the fire, as a Miamian he KNOWS how its supposed to be as much as anybody, he lived it. I need to see what you said, can he make the adjustments, can he "manage" a football team. Thats why it blew me away when they hired him, he's never done either at any level, thats just one of the stupidest decisions i've ever seen made, even at a high school level

Advertisement
lol. I think he needs to roll out some Elvis sideburns for the next game, just blow everbody's mind

That's strangely similar to what I was thinking

Since Manny seems to think that gimmicks matter more than good coaching....then it's time to go ALL OUT!!

I was thinking that he'd parachute into to stadium dressed like Elvis during the coin flip

...the undisciplined nature of our players as a whole almost cost us this game alone.

Look, as a 1st time HC in his 1st season, you can't control the roster that you inherit, you may not have the budget or know how to make the proper hirings, there are other things that you can forgive, but no matter what level of football you are playing, you CAN control how disciplined your team plays as a unit and you can control how they learn, improve and progress.

I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but if he really wants to make this work, he better grab this team by the nape of the neck and get them to at least play good, disciplined, fundamental football.
like sitting #71 down after his stupid late hit penalty

he didn't and next play patchan lines up with his hand offside

then remains in the game

Advertisement
This season is what it is. Manny must make staff changes this offseason, primarily at OL, LB, DB/S, and hire a special teams coach. These new coaches needs to be seasoned with some P5 experience.

If he makes no changes, we know he is a fraud and we’re doomed for another five seasons of mediocrity.
He has no network to work! He is a journey man DC. Miami lost his appeal as a good job. There is no dollar in the world that will bring top coordinators here unless he win big. Coaching is just like recruiting.

...the undisciplined nature of our players as a whole almost cost us this game alone.

Look, as a 1st time HC in his 1st season, you can't control the roster that you inherit, you may not have the budget or know how to make the proper hirings, there are other things that you can forgive, but no matter what level of football you are playing, you CAN control how disciplined your team plays as a unit and you can control how they learn, improve and progress.

I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but if he really wants to make this work, he better grab this team by the nape of the neck and get them to at least play good, disciplined, fundamental football.

Half the roster, Manny recruited. Enos makes about a mil per year.

Advertisement
Back