I'm not convinced yet that Manny's not the guy, however...

...the undisciplined nature of our players as a whole almost cost us this game alone.

Look, as a 1st time HC in his 1st season, you can't control the roster that you inherit, you may not have the budget or know how to make the proper hirings, there are other things that you can forgive, but no matter what level of football you are playing, you CAN control how disciplined your team plays as a unit and you can control how they learn, improve and progress.

I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but if he really wants to make this work, he better grab this team by the nape of the neck and get them to at least play good, disciplined, fundamental football.

How are the defensive issues not on him since he was the coach for three years and personally hired all the defensive coaches when he became dc? He can say that about the O but not the D

Advertisement
How are the defensive issues not on him since he was the coach for three years and personally hired all the defensive coaches when he became dc? He can say that about the O but not the D
I would say that the defensive issues ARE him. But, most importantly, the HC resides over the entire team and how they comport themselves. So far, it's not been good.

...the undisciplined nature of our players as a whole almost cost us this game alone.

Look, as a 1st time HC in his 1st season, you can't control the roster that you inherit, you may not have the budget or know how to make the proper hirings, there are other things that you can forgive, but no matter what level of football you are playing, you CAN control how disciplined your team plays as a unit and you can control how they learn, improve and progress.

I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but if he really wants to make this work, he better grab this team by the nape of the neck and get them to at least play good, disciplined, fundamental football.
The chit will hit the fan after they look at the film today. I have no doubt we'll see a different performance against VT...

This is what happens when people build themselves up with unrealistic expectations and think things will turn around overnight by waving a magic wand. Just look at Michigan...today they're running Harbaugh out of town but pre-season they were sure that they were making the playoffs. Fan stupidity at it's finest.

Advertisement

Yeah, that's the thing and has been for years. Miami football has become sloppy, penalty laden games. Playing down to your competition. Losing to teams that have no business being in the same building as you. I can't see why a little discipline is so hard to come by, but here we are struggling with it like we always do.

You want to blame the coaches? Fine, I'm with you, but at least blame them for the right things. We don't know much about Enos as a play caller because guys can't block what he calls. They can't catch the ball. They can't keep from holding or false starting. Until they can do those things, it's kinda hard to blame the OC. I can however blame the staff as a whole for allowing this sloppiness.

I just think that we need to staff to get solid play from their players before we can tell anything about scheme or gameplanning.

He has no network to work! He is a journey man DC. Miami lost his appeal as a good job. There is no dollar in the world that will bring top coordinators here unless he win big. Coaching is just like recruiting.

Hiring a reputable, well-respected AD can solve this problem. Plus the proper financial support.

Florida leads the country in HS talent. Every coach in America knows this, but they also know the school chooses not to support the program to its fullest potential.

I want everyone to remember that this staff was pieced together by Manny.

1. He chose the S&C coach from Temple (which now looking back at those 1 min clips, he & his strength staff were helping players bench 2 & 3/4 plates, snatching it up. That’s a no, no. You can help guide, but snatching it is you doing 30% of the rep for the person and it’s a testament to the lack of strength these guys have.)

2. What’s most troubling is that he waited, and waited, and waited to hire Dan Enos and the guy is getting $1m for this chit. Harrell was available. Fedora was available. He bragged about this grand slam hire.

3. Enos was allowed to hand picked Butch Barry b/c of his time w him at CMU.

4. Diaz kept Rumph, Banda, Patke, and he hired a guy from AKRON b/c of what he did at NC St w Mario Williams back in 06! (Eerily similar to Golden justifying the hire of No D b/c of Mohammad Wilkerson)

5. Manny hired Taylor Stubblefield due to his familiarity w Enos. Stubblefield has produced exactly 0 draft picks at his coaching position.

6. Manny hired Hickson, who spent one yr at KSU, and the rest was at AKRON and a CC.

7. Manny hired Stephen Field, where his coaching experience was high school, one yr coaching TEs and recruiting at FAMU, and the last 3 yrs, no coaching at all...just serving as a recruiting coordinator.

So; my point is we shouldn’t be surprised that we started 0-2 against P5 comp. We shouldn’t be surprised that our trench game sucks at the point of attack. We shouldn’t be surprised that we are struggling against G5 opponents, when he hired G5 coaches. Enos spent 1 yr at Bama w the QBs, but it was Locksley calling the plays, and as we can see, his tutelage was chit in Tuscaloosa b/c both Hurts and Tua look just fine, if not better, w/o him.

Manny was given free reign to pick his staff, and by all accounts, good $ was used. If this season is a failure, look no further than what took place in January, Manny putting his staff together.

Has anyone considered that we might not be able to get better guys? It's only Miami fans who think these are good jobs. The rest of football sees place you go to die. When was the last time a coach left for a better position? When was the last time anyone came to poach anyone from us?

Maybe it's not just money, maybe these don't look like attractive jobs to guys who have options. If I were a coach I'd think long and hard before going to Miami.

Advertisement
He should've cleaned house on the defensive side of the ball just like the offensive side

But, I will repeat....When Manny kept the def in tact, it was him saying his unit was OK and the reason y we lost last yr was due to the offensive side of the ball. He hired Baker to further his “concept.”

Manny blows hot air and won't hold himself or anyone accountable. These next 2 weeks should be a bootcamp but he'll have everyone holding hands singing kumbaya.

Advertisement
Has anyone considered that we might not be able to get better guys? It's only Miami fans who think these are good jobs. The rest of football sees place you go to die. When was the last time a coach left for a better position? When was the last time anyone came to poach anyone from us?

Maybe it's not just money, maybe these don't look like attractive jobs to guys who have options. If I were a coach I'd think long and hard before going to Miami.

Correct

Manny blows hot air and won't hold himself or anyone accountable. These next 2 weeks should be a bootcamp but he'll have everyone holding hands singing kumbaya.

Manny’s verbatim quote to allude to your point:

Diaz partly attributed the poor play of the offensive line to the lack of preparation he saw from his players this week.
“The players know that our Wednesday practice this week was probably as poor of a Wednesday practice as we’ve had throughout the course of the year,” Diaz said. “They wonder, does that matter? Then you watch us play tonight and it matters, especially with younger players. Look, it doesn’t matter that they are young. If they are Miami Hurricanes, they have got to go play. That’s the understanding of what it means to be a big-time guy, week in and week out, and not a guy that plays good for a couple of games and then doesn’t play well. Some of those signs you could see on Wednesday and that is part of the maturation process that some guys have got to go through.”

WTF DOES THIS EVEN MEAN??! Who is he putting the blame on? So one minute the excuse is young, and now it’s no longer an excuse?? Now it’s on them? But notice how he excuses how they won the game previous to this quote:

“Tonight was our second win and probably our fourth best performance of the four we’ve had so far,” head coach Manny Diaz said. “With all that being said, the only thing that we could accomplish today was beating Central Michigan, which, after the course of 60 minutes, when everything was added up, that’s what we got done.”

If this doesn’t sound eerily similar

Advertisement
Image result for goof ball gif

Also, TWO WEEKS to prepare for lowly Carolina Blue is ALL on the the diminutive Diaz and his coaching staff. No ifs, buts or hUh.

Hopefully after seeing the season play out he makes an honest assessment of this staff and makes the necessary changes or its absolutely on him.

Time will tell, but Diaz's EGO is as big as the majestic Himalaya's. hUh And that will be the demise of him and the once proud Miami, Florida Hurricane football program. Yeah, yeah, yeah. The Hurricane football program already has two lower body extremities in the proverbial grave. dUh

Advertisement
Back