I'm not convinced yet that Manny's not the guy, however...

Diaz is 4 games in with a team that was 7-6 last season. Most here believed we should run the table and be in the playoff and that there were not going to be growing pains.

With that said: Manny must show that he’s able to adapt and not just keep doing the same thing when it’s not working and blame it on execution. This was the closest feeling I’ve had of a win that felt like a loss.

I second your sagacious notion. Because I tramped away from BWW's with the feeling Miami lost the game. Yikes.

Advertisement
Manny blows hot air and won't hold himself or anyone accountable. These next 2 weeks should be a bootcamp but he'll have everyone holding hands singing kumbaya.

Singing kumbaya while sporting brand new Ignore the Noise T-shirt’s.

Bro you were one of the people who negged me when I said the decision to hire Baker was a bad one and the staff was green. I take it you have had a change of mind?

I was??? Was I smoking or drunk at the time?

Naw, I remember. It was me putting on my super fan cape on. I think u mentioned his def given up yards or something like that and my rebuttal to that theory was pulling up what LaTech had improved in. Did that same ish for Richt when we first hired him. I’m a sucker for this team and try to find the positives or reason upon certain hires, going against my 1st inclination. Hence, u see me go dumb ham when they disappoint. It’s my own fault for letting sunshine hit my face.

Last edited:
Y'all Cane dudes want and example of an above-average head coach and his coaching staff. Look no further than mighty USC. Down to a third-string quarterback and defeat a legitimate Top 20 squad in Utah. Go figure.

There's a reason I've been wanting manny to tell baker to take a hike

I've been under the impression manny wanted to see what his coaches are made of, and he's allowed them to do their own thing through these first 4 games.

IF he takes over the defense, we'll know for sure because I honestly believe he started calling plays on defense starting in the 2nd quarter. He still let baker call a few ( every single fcking time you saw 3 down lineman was baker ) especially on third downs. But after the half I think he told baker to shut the fck up and watch. We got in 4-3 or 4-2-5 and started going DOWN HILL... FINALLY.

If he gets in enos's face and tells him to get in an up temp spread and he takes over the defense, we might have a season again.

Advertisement
There's a reason I've been wanting manny to tell baker to take a hike

I've been under the impression manny wanted to see what his coaches are made of, and he's allowed them to do their own thing through these first 4 games.

IF he takes over the defense, we'll know for sure because I honestly believe he started calling plays on defense starting in the 2nd quarter. He still let baker call a few ( every single fcking time you saw 3 down lineman was baker ) especially on third downs. But after the half I think he told baker to shut the fck up and watch. We got in 4-3 or 4-2-5 and started going DOWN HILL... FINALLY.

If he gets in enos's face and tells him to get in an up temp spread and he takes over the defense, we might have a season again.

That style of offense COVERS a lot, but not all, of the weaknesses of an offensive line. Especially a young O-line.

The concerning part is all three aspects of the team have weak spots. The offensive line is down right abysmal. We might need four QBs to get through this season they rate Jarren is getting hit. The secondary is a major liability. Any decent qb will carve this team up. Special teams still can't consistently make a 25 yard field goal.

It's now a third of the way into the season and things still look sloppy and the team as a whole is undisciplined. It's a very young offense but the talent is there. We were whipped on the o line by a g5 team. A team that won one **** game last year and was smoked a couple weeks ago 61-0.

With another bye week next there's a lot that needs worked on. If there is no real improvement by next game then this season looks lost. A performance like that against any coastal team is a double digit loss.

Yeah. Miami's secondary made a 2nd team Red ***** QB look like an Honorable Mention MAC award winner. Can-e U imagine what would have happened if Central Michigan would've had their 1st team QB. OUCH.

Also, can any of U informative wise Cane football guys opine WHY Miami gives so much CUSHION on long passing yardage plays? Is that part of both Diaz and Baker's defensive philosophy and what not! Just wondering.

I’m glad you brought up the undisciplined nature of the players, last time I checked the coaches are responsible for having these guys ready to go, we are 4 games into the season and these issues aren’t new, they have been happening all 4 games, and after all 4 games manny says the same **** that he will get it fixed. He went as far to say he promises he will get it fixed, I’m just wondering at what point will he fulfill his promise. He is not the guy buddy.

Manny’s verbatim quote to allude to your point:

Diaz partly attributed the poor play of the offensive line to the lack of preparation he saw from his players this week.
“The players know that our Wednesday practice this week was probably as poor of a Wednesday practice as we’ve had throughout the course of the year,” Diaz said. “They wonder, does that matter? Then you watch us play tonight and it matters, especially with younger players. Look, it doesn’t matter that they are young. If they are Miami Hurricanes, they have got to go play. That’s the understanding of what it means to be a big-time guy, week in and week out, and not a guy that plays good for a couple of games and then doesn’t play well. Some of those signs you could see on Wednesday and that is part of the maturation process that some guys have got to go through.”

WTF DOES THIS EVEN MEAN??! Who is he putting the blame on? So one minute the excuse is young, and now it’s no longer an excuse?? Now it’s on them? But notice how he excuses how they won the game previous to this quote:

“Tonight was our second win and probably our fourth best performance of the four we’ve had so far,” head coach Manny Diaz said. “With all that being said, the only thing that we could accomplish today was beating Central Michigan, which, after the course of 60 minutes, when everything was added up, that’s what we got done.”

If this doesn’t sound eerily similar

He was pretty clear there. The players prepared and practiced poorly, then they played poorly. He's drawing a connection between the two. And he didn't say being young was an excuse, he said it was even more important for them to do things the right way. I assume the older guys have more to fall back on (assuming they've done things right in the past) while younger guys have less so each practice is more important.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back