I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.

ATL-BRAD

Freshman
Am I the only one that feels like. If we don't get some DT's in this class then this class is a bust. I know that we're going to have some big names come through in this class. But the DT was the top thing we had to have coming in this class. Our DT's kept us from being a 10 win team last year. DT is the 1 thing that separates us from being elite team again. I don't care how good Matthew Thomas and Grace are at linebacker if we don't have anybody protecting them up front it's pointless. I could go on and on about how the DT's make every part of the defense better. Bottom line is we need to elite talent up front.

Advertisement
Im not gonna say a bust. Depends who we sign. But if we close the class the way we are suppose to then we will have a strong class regardless. Lets see how things play out before these post start popping up. Only a couple more days guys, hold the rope

Top 5 QB
Top 5 RB
Top 5 WR (rumored)
Two Top 10 TE's
Top 10 OG
Top 10 DE
#1 overall OLB
Top 10 ATH in the country.

342.gif

Advertisement
i dont think so, if u factor in that Freshmen DT rarely making any impact year 1 on campus and count in that Bryant nor Bostwick probably plays much this year i wouldnt call it a bust. It does make it the #1 need for 2014

Am I the only one that feels like. If we don't get some DT's in this class then this class is a bust. I know that we're going to have some big names come through in this class. But the DT was the top thing we had to have coming in this class. Our DT's kept us from being a 10 win team last year. DT is the 1 thing that separates us from being elite team again. I don't care how good Matthew Thomas and Grace are at linebacker if we don't have anybody protecting them up front it's pointless. I could go on and on about how the DT's make every part of the defense better. Bottom line is we need to elite talent up front.

KB's antics have made many fans feel the chances of him being a committed player that will thrive in the culture of discipline and accountability that Golden has established is questionable.

Bostwick is our only target that all fans will agree is a must.

Miami was not in the running for any other high profile DTs that would have a legitimate chance to start on our squad next season.

I think C. Porter, L. Robinson, and the younger guys on the team could improve enough to make a big difference next season. Couple that with improved play at all the other positions and the idea that the defense is doomed without some stud Frosh DTs seems silly.

Next season Miami will get Khairi Clark and Anthony Moten. If we get 10/11 wins next season we will be back in the hunt for the best DTs no matter where they are coming from.

So what it boils down to is will this class be a failure and doom our defense if we lose Bostwick? No is the only sensible answer.

Neither Bostwick or Bryant would do more than add some depth to our DT spot. The idea they would come in as freshman and be dominant is laughable. Just doesn't tend to happen with DTs.

With Porter returning and Pierre coming on strong it's not the end of the world to miss out on KB and Bostwick.
Some might even argue that DE was a higher priority given the fact that Chickillo might move inside, and other than an undersized Tyriq... we're pretty thin.

Advertisement
With Porter returning and Pierre coming on strong it's not the end of the world to miss out on KB and Bostwick.
Some might even argue that DE was a higher priority given the fact that Chickillo might move inside, and other than an undersized Tyriq... we're pretty thin.

Don't forget Earl Moore. He was getting a lot of PT toward the end of the season, and I thought he was able to generally hold his own. A good off-season, and he should be more of a factor.

Porter
Robinson
Pierre
Grimble
King
Moore
Ivery
Briscoe
Kamalu

We have a bunch of DT's. I'm not sure how good any of them are besides Porter but I'm not worried about it too much.

lol @ the idea that the only thing separating miami from 10 wins last year were defensive tackles

Advertisement
I think Chickilo, Odonnel and Jelani Hamilton will grow into DT's as well.

We are fine next years and the year after for DT. Next year is more important.

+1

Not to mention Golden & Co. has done everything in their power to get them to Miami. Other then kidnap them and force them on campus, there is nothing left they can do if they chose to go elsewhere. It will never be for a lack of effort.

Advertisement
miami is definitely not fine at defensive tackle, but if we pick up something like 8 4-star players and a 5-star, then calling the class a bust because of one position would be utterly ludicrous

Porter coming back is more important than a HS DT recruit. If Brooks comes in, that is another plus.

Getting Bryant and/or Bostwick is important 2-3 seasons from now. Both are important, just not for next season.

Porter and Pierre have absolutely nothing to do with DT recruiting this year. Porter will be gone and Pierre will be a senior before the HS kids we're recruiting start to do anything meaningful on the football field. You recruit for DL for 3-4 years down the road, not the next season.

Advertisement
Back