I'm for real done with this...

Advertisement
Hester loves his Bourbon....View attachment 210237
Michters is another one of my favorites. Different from any other bourbon that ive ever had. Woodford Reserve and Michters are the only two bourbons that i know of that are either distilled at lower proof or entered into the barrel at lower proof. Never had the 20yr that Hester is displaying there though...$$$$ 😄

Maybe that was it. It’s been a while so I can’t remember exactly why I didn’t enjoy it. But the flavor just wasn’t as good as some of the others for the same price. I don’t really feel that the aging at sea process really adds anything meaningful to the flavor
I could see how it gets the barrel’s flavor into it and that could become overkill but I’d need to try it.

Advertisement
I’m not all that impressed when somebody tells me a $50+ bottle of bourbon is good; At that price it should be. I love it when a friend turns me on to a moderately priced bottle that is a good pour. Buffalo Trace, 4 Roses single barrel, and these are all good choices. Run, don’t walk, to Costco to get these. They are Barton’s 1792 (it actually says so on the label) and are one of the best values in bourbon. I especially like the bottle in bond (the green label) that they sell for $25. It’s actually better than the Kentucky Owl Confiscated that they sell for $90.

View attachment 210213
I’ve had the small batch and single barrel and I agree

I’m not all that impressed when somebody tells me a $50+ bottle of bourbon is good; At that price it should be. I love it when a friend turns me on to a moderately priced bottle that is a good pour. Buffalo Trace, 4 Roses single barrel, and these are all good choices. Run, don’t walk, to Costco to get these. They are Barton’s 1792 (it actually says so on the label) and are one of the best values in bourbon. I especially like the bottle in bond (the green label) that they sell for $25. It’s actually better than the Kentucky Owl Confiscated that they sell for $90.

View attachment 210213
On my way to Costco today

bottle of whiskey. Mods please send another my way before deleting. Woodford is the good cheap brand I enjoy. The aged cherry cask bottle is the good high end stuff and is welcome too.
You could always try crack. The woodford would really take the edge of.

Advertisement
Michters is another one of my favorites. Different from any other bourbon that ive ever had. Woodford Reserve and Michters are the only two bourbons that i know of that are either distilled at lower proof or entered into the barrel at lower proof. Never had the 20yr that Hester is displaying there though...$$$$ 😄
Funny cause I have a few bottles of michters and wasn’t crazy about the Kentucky bourbon but had some last night and loved it

Funny cause I have a few bottles of michters and wasn’t crazy about the Kentucky bourbon but had some last night and loved it
I've had the Michter's US1 bourbon, Michter's 10 and Michter's American Whiskey. Michter's is definitely different from everything else ive ever had. If the Michter's that you had last night was from one of your open bottles sometimes bourbon is better after it breathes.

I've had the Michter's US1 bourbon, Michter's 10 and Michter's American Whiskey. Michter's is definitely different from everything else ive ever had. If the Michter's that you had last night was from one of your open bottles sometimes bourbon is better after it breathes.
Yeah it was half drank. Hadn’t drank from it in months

Advertisement
I have a lot of friends and know a lot of other people that work for Buffalo Trace and almost every one of them will say the best bourbon on site will be either Eagle Rare or Weller 12 yr. The Weller 12 is also Pappy 12 year lot b. Perfect example of what im saying is before most people knew that Weller was the same as Pappy. You could buy Weller for little of nothing anytime any where. That is until they found out it was the same and now it draws 500-1000 a bottle. Weller was just another bourbon beforehand.I've had people tell me they didn't like one product over the other when both products came out of the same bottling tank. We stopped the bottling line, changed labels and kept on rolling.

Next you’ll be telling me Benchmark is the bottom shelf Trace about to get more popular… 🤫

Advertisement
@RVACane @JHallCanes @djnellz 0930 am at work. It's a great day to be in the army.
20221006_092530.jpg

Advertisement
Back