Im excited for Gray

i hate when people say "his hs tape" the kid ran upright. he was just superior athlete to kids on the field. he didnt have RB instincts. its not his fault. he should have been redshirted. he has potential but he's never gonna pass walton and yearby

Can you please explain why him "running upright" has you hating that people were impressed by his highlight film? Does running upright automatically negate a kid's speed and athleticism? I don't get the connection. Also, what's the evidence that you feel indicates that he doesn't have running back instincts? To me, it looks like he does when I watch his tape.

I'm not attacking you. I just legitimately want to know what you're seeing or not seeing that tells you this kid doesn't have what it takes to find some playing time here. To me, this kid has the total package....size, speed, aggression and, to me anyway, nice vision. I don't care where he was on the last staff's depth chart. A new staff brings a new perspective. The new staff could view the kids on the roster in a totally different light. Gray could fit better with what the new staff envisions at the rb spot. When the new staff gets a chance to evalute these kids on the field I think he'll stand a better chance vs Walton and a Yearby than you think.

he's not a better RB than Walton, but he is a superior athlete to Yearby.

Mark Walton True Freshman Highlights - Miami Hurricanes https://youtu.be/aUxLQ2is1cM via @YouTube

Advertisement
Even though he's only had a few carries, it's pretty clear he is the best athlete out of all the running backs on the roster. I hope he figures out because we can use a game breaking talent like him.

WR WR WR! Get him in space and let him do his thing. He never should have been in the RB position.

Advertisement
So at what college did Ice Harris coach rbs before Miami? Does Ice teach Gray how to be a college rb from his vast experience? This kid played qb in high school....he was screwed from the start. Another kid set up to fail by Golden and company.

i don't understand why so many here wants him moved to WR?

With his size,speed and power Gray can provide added depth.

plus with Gus returning from injury is another reason Id want to keep Gray in our RB unit

Advertisement
Gray went from great athlete and success story that everyone on here loved to a joke to the stupid maggots on here. Didn't take long to turn on him.

To be fair, I think most people would love to see him succeed. I think the bigger issue is that people on this site keep talking about him constantly. I've never seen a 4th string RB get so much love in my entire life. He's not as good as Yearby, Walton or Edwards. People need to accept that.

If people want him to succeed, then there's no need to **** talk him. All he's done is everything that's been asked. When he broke down at his signing ceremony it showed you how badly he wanted to be here. Some guys are just facquits on here, and they want to **** talk Gray to be facqy contrarians.

And how the **** do you know he's not as good as any of the guys you listed?

How the **** do you and other posters know he should be on the field? I'm down with him wanting to be here, but I highly doubt his teammates would sit quietly if he was outplaying everyone else during practice. Yearby and Walton were Top 10 backs coming out of high school. Gray was no where close to that. He also has 2 fumbles on 29 career rushing attempts at Miami.
So the fact that his teammates didn't openly criticize the depth chart or the players in front of him is how you know Yearby, Walton, and Gus are better than him? The same teammates who publicly told everyone how great Folden and D'Oritos were? Good evidence.

Unlike you, I don't claim to know if he's better or worse than those guys because I haven't seen enough of him, and I'm unwilling to accept your ****** proffer that his teammates didn't publicly complain.

I know Walton was probably in the bottom 5 percentile in FBS for guys with as many carries as he had at under 4 yards per carry. If Gray can't do better than that then he should be somewhere else.

Gray went from great athlete and success story that everyone on here loved to a joke to the stupid maggots on here. Didn't take long to turn on him.

To be fair, I think most people would love to see him succeed. I think the bigger issue is that people on this site keep talking about him constantly. I've never seen a 4th string RB get so much love in my entire life. He's not as good as Yearby, Walton or Edwards. People need to accept that.

If people want him to succeed, then there's no need to **** talk him. All he's done is everything that's been asked. When he broke down at his signing ceremony it showed you how badly he wanted to be here. Some guys are just facquits on here, and they want to **** talk Gray to be facqy contrarians.

And how the **** do you know he's not as good as any of the guys you listed?

How the **** do you and other posters know he should be on the field? I'm down with him wanting to be here, but I highly doubt his teammates would sit quietly if he was outplaying everyone else during practice. Yearby and Walton were Top 10 backs coming out of high school. Gray was no where close to that. He also has 2 fumbles on 29 career rushing attempts at Miami.
So the fact that his teammates didn't openly criticize the depth chart or the players in front of him is how you know Yearby, Walton, and Gus are better than him? The same teammates who publicly told everyone how great Folden and D'Oritos were? Good evidence.

Unlike you, I don't claim to know if he's better or worse than those guys because I haven't seen enough of him, and I'm unwilling to accept your ****** proffer that his teammates didn't publicly complain.

I know Walton was probably in the bottom 5 percentile in FBS for guys with as many carries as he had at under 4 yards per carry. If Gray can't do better than that then he should be somewhere else.

I don't need you to accept my points at all. Frankly, I could care less if you do. However, In 2 years you will likely have to accept the fact that Gray will have gone through his career at Miami having never received any significant playing time. You can join the growing number of people on this board that scream injustice when some vaunted south Florida high school player doesn't live up to the hype that everyone on this board creates.

Our RB's 2015 rushing Stats

J. Yearby-played in every game
205/1002/4.9/6

M. Walton-
129/450/3.5/9- played in every game

T.Gray
23/145/6.3/2- played in 5 games

Yearby was forced to put on too much weight too fast, and it took away his best asset - lateral quickness. He should take off about ten pounds to get some of that back, and they should use him outside rather than between the tackles.

Who is going to transfer...Chocolate? The success Richt has had with RBs might keep backs anchored at least to see how things play out. Sony was willing to wait.

How you feel about that Vern? Certainly, ups the level of competition to get on the field.

Thomas Brown said he is using only 2 running backs....sooo we will see how this goes..somebody gonna be SOL

Yea it does...whoever is not playing they better put at KR I wouldnt ne surprised If i see some transfers next year.... I find it hard to believe Yearby starts next year

Advertisement
Previous staff elected to run a 3.5 ypc true freshman over a hundred times more than Gray last year. Kid didn't get a legit shot under those idiots.

If he fizzles under Richt I'll be willing to say he was overrated. But as of right now, all of my esteem is intact.

i don't understand why so many here wants him moved to WR?

With his size,speed and power Gray can provide added depth.

plus with Gus returning from injury is another reason Id want to keep Gray in our RB unit

Keeping him at RB will be a shame. He has good hands when catching the ball and fluid hips. His running style is more suited for WR. Idk how you fix how he carries the ball. I can't believe he went all the way through high school carrying it like he does. Still, if he stays at RB he will be Geathers 2.0

Advertisement
I don't know much about choc but from what I'm reading why can't he be used like Percy harvin??? Cmr saw a lot of him when he played the gaytors

i hate when people say "his hs tape" the kid ran upright. he was just superior athlete to kids on the field. he didnt have RB instincts. its not his fault. he should have been redshirted. he has potential but he's never gonna pass walton and yearby

THIS!!!

RBs are born, not made...you either got it, or ya' ain't.

The way the guy was used is the reason why Al is the te's coach at Detriot. He coached afraid. Kid has some skills, yes he may have fumbled in practiced occasionally, the games he played he didn't fumble. Go watch the camp tape!!!

This is how Al ran our program, lack of aggression. Nebraska beats up over the top one play, late in the 1st quarter, we go soft the rest of the game. He had cats returning punts and kickoffs who had NO REASON back there. the aggression/quick guys were on the bench.

Choc on the bench is all Al, can't wait to see what Mark will do with him!!! Al had Corn elder third-team return go think about that! How many times did we stretch the field with Al even with Dorsett. Guy played/coached sacred.

Advertisement
Back