Im excited for Gray

i hate when people say "his hs tape" the kid ran upright. he was just superior athlete to kids on the field. he didnt have RB instincts. its not his fault. he should have been redshirted. he has potential but he's never gonna pass walton and yearby

Advertisement
I'm gonna laugh when this guy blows up here.

All you have to do is look at his HS highlight tape. Looks to have special ability.

Golden never gave him opportunities.

His first college carry ever was a TD for christ's sake!!!!!

How many HS "baller" or "stud" we signed only to end up mediocre or a bust in Golden's system? Why people think Gray should have performed differently? When the the issue of failure to meet expectation is widespread, people have to look at coaching before blaming individual players.

i hate when people say "his hs tape" the kid ran upright. he was just superior athlete to kids on the field. he didnt have RB instincts. its not his fault. he should have been redshirted. he has potential but he's never gonna pass walton and yearby

Can you please explain why him "running upright" has you hating that people were impressed by his highlight film? Does running upright automatically negate a kid's speed and athleticism? I don't get the connection. Also, what's the evidence that you feel indicates that he doesn't have running back instincts? To me, it looks like he does when I watch his tape.

I'm not attacking you. I just legitimately want to know what you're seeing or not seeing that tells you this kid doesn't have what it takes to find some playing time here. To me, this kid has the total package....size, speed, aggression and, to me anyway, nice vision. I don't care where he was on the last staff's depth chart. A new staff brings a new perspective. The new staff could view the kids on the roster in a totally different light. Gray could fit better with what the new staff envisions at the rb spot. When the new staff gets a chance to evalute these kids on the field I think he'll stand a better chance vs Walton and a Yearby than you think.

Last edited:
Gray went from great athlete and success story that everyone on here loved to a joke to the stupid maggots on here. Didn't take long to turn on him.

To be fair, I think most people would love to see him succeed. I think the bigger issue is that people on this site keep talking about him constantly. I've never seen a 4th string RB get so much love in my entire life. He's not as good as Yearby, Walton or Edwards. People need to accept that.

Advertisement
Gray went from great athlete and success story that everyone on here loved to a joke to the stupid maggots on here. Didn't take long to turn on him.

To be fair, I think most people would love to see him succeed. I think the bigger issue is that people on this site keep talking about him constantly. I've never seen a 4th string RB get so much love in my entire life. He's not as good as Yearby, Walton or Edwards. People need to accept that.

If people want him to succeed, then there's no need to **** talk him. All he's done is everything that's been asked. When he broke down at his signing ceremony it showed you how badly he wanted to be here. Some guys are just facquits on here, and they want to **** talk Gray to be facqy contrarians.

And how the **** do you know he's not as good as any of the guys you listed?

Feel the same way....Some guys peak in High School...

Berrios, Edwards, and him are all seated next to each other on the message board hype bus. At least Berrios has done something the field, still don't get it, but whatever.

Feel the same way....Some guys peak in High School...

He may be one of those guys, who knows but it's seemingly heading that way.

As for our running backs, I've seen more out of Yearby than the rest. As for the rest, nothing would surprise me here. Gus is another person who is talked a lot about but hasn't done Jack yet either. Walton, unless he's catching the ball out of the backfield, just doesn't have it. Then there's Gray, so we shall see what happens. He's got as much of a chance as the other two, not because of anything other than the other two have been pedestrian at best so far.

Advertisement

If people want him to succeed, then there's no need to **** talk him. All he's done is everything that's been asked. When he broke down at his signing ceremony it showed you how badly he wanted to be here. Some guys are just facquits on here, and they want to **** talk Gray to be facqy contrarians.

And how the **** do you know he's not as good as any of the guys you listed?

How the **** do you and other posters know he should be on the field? I'm down with him wanting to be here, but I highly doubt his teammates would sit quietly if he was outplaying everyone else during practice. Yearby and Walton were Top 10 backs coming out of high school. Gray was no where close to that. He also has 2 fumbles on 29 career rushing attempts at Miami.

Can you please explain why him "running upright" has you hating that people were impressed by his highlight film? Does running upright automatically negate a kid's speed and athleticism? I don't get the connection. Also, what's the evidence that you feel indicates that he doesn't have running back instincts? To me, it looks like he does when I watch his tape.

I'm not attacking you. I just legitimately want to know what you're seeing or not seeing that tells you this kid doesn't have what it takes to find some playing time here. To me, this kid has the total package....size, speed, aggression and, to me anyway, nice vision. I don't care where he was on the last staff's depth chart. A new staff brings a new perspective. The new staff could view the kids on the roster in a totally different light. Gray could fit better with what the new staff envisions at the rb spot. When the new staff gets a chance to evalute these kids on the field I think he'll stand a better chance vs Walton and a Yearby than you think.

i didnt think u were attacking me lol. My point is not that he doesnt have the talent to make an impact here. my point was watch his hs tape and you see a superior athlete. Watch Yearby's and you see a superior RB. there's a big difference. he needed time to learn the position here and the previous staff of morons burned this kid's redshirt when he really needed the year to get polished and adjusted to the system.

So wait... the argument for this guy is the last coaching staff was to incompetent to realize how talented he is even when he is on the team? lmao

edit- I watched his HS tape. What is so impressive? It looks like he is running in sand. I definitely dont see the uber athlete some of you are hyping him to be. In comparison go check out how much better Homers tape looks.

Last edited:
Maybe the kid isn't what the board made him out to be?

No way. Kid is from SFL so he is the next football King. I mean, didn't you see how many SFL kids were starters in this years final four of football. They took over the field.

Advertisement
Problem is he should of been redshirted. But Golden was deliberately blowing shirts

Advertisement
So wait... the argument for this guy is the last coaching staff was to incompetent to realize how talented he is even when he is on the team? lmao

Yes, that's the only argument that was made for the kid. Nobody mentioned being intrigued by his physical attributes or his potential to develop further as matures into the position.

Edit - I watched his HS tape. What is so impressive? It looks like he is running in sand. I definitely dont see the uber athlete some of you are hyping him to be. In comparison go check out how much better Homers tape looks.

Love Homer but you do realize that Gray is played against much better competion than Homer did in HS, right? Might help explain why you apparently feel that Homer's tape is so much more impressive than Gray's..

How you feel about that Vern? Certainly, ups the level of competition to get on the field.

Thomas Brown said he is using only 2 running backs....sooo we will see how this goes..somebody gonna be SOL

Yea it does...whoever is not playing they better put at KR I wouldnt ne surprised If i see some transfers next year.... I find it hard to believe Yearby starts next year

Advertisement
Back