Illinois offers Thomas Burns

@Problem2 is fam.... he just wants us to be back so much he want that star ranking to go up....
I don't have an issue with Problem...

But anybody that's ****tin on Thomas is out of line, point blank period... That kid ain't taking nobody's spot & he more than likely will be a track athlete for us.

No reason to take shots at him.

Advertisement
When did I **** on Burns the person?

This is about Burns the football player. Don't be so dramatic

He's not good enough to play football here and should not get a football scholarship. I don't care who his brother is. If we gave a football scholarship to every legacy, we'd not be a very good team.

I have no issue with him coming on a track scholarship, which Pete said is the plan anyways. So I'm not sure why this is even a debate

didnt he commit to the old staff? then just let it play out. signing day is next year FFS

Advertisement
What the **** is wrong with you??

Even if he never steps foot on the football field, Thomas Burns is a **** of a Track athlete & Canes family.

He doesn't have to play football for us, he can still set records and be great for our track team.

I can't believe y'all would act like that towards Artie's lil brother after everything that family has gone through & everything they've meant to our program.

Cut it out bruh smh.

This. The fake cane fans cant help but stir up ****

Advertisement
Guys, I wouldn't read too much into this. Smart of Illinois staff which is probably thinking that Thomas might lose his UM offer.

Plus, the DB coach there is the same one that offered him at Miami: Paul Williams! Paul is the DB coach there under Lovie Smith. He was a terrible coach and worse recruiter at the U.

There is nothing but goodness for the Canes if Burns sticks. He'll come in on a track scholarship to win a world championship and compete in football to earn playing time (would be a **** of a gunner on STs). Plus he's Artie's brother, one of my favorite canes of all time, so has to be a high-character kid, as well.

Advertisement
obama-eating-ice-cream-weird-wtf.gif

tumblr_m320d7eH7o1qg39ewo1_250.gif

Stars don't mean Anything look at Colin McCarthy, Clive Walford and others that came in under the radar and out performed their ranking.. when kids get on campus Stars don't matter hard work does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just stop. He isn't hurting any final ranking. In fact, he'd help the ranking because it would add more total points. We should be starting a buzz that he's a sleeper with 4.3 speed who put on 20 lbs this spring.
He hits that class average tho

As others have pointed out, we will (most likely) NOT finish with the number 1 class, probably because of class size (SOMEbody out there always manages to sign 30).

But also...we will probably not sign a bunch of JuCos. Remember, Alabama had TWO (actually BOTH) five-star JuCo kids last year, and that helped them to get to #1 .

Advertisement
What the **** is wrong with you??

Even if he never steps foot on the football field, Thomas Burns is a **** of a Track athlete & Canes family.

He doesn't have to play football for us, he can still set records and be great for our track team.

I can't believe y'all would act like that towards Artie's lil brother after everything that family has gone through & everything they've meant to our program.

Cut it out bruh smh.

The post was in poor taste but has the staff communicated this to Burns? Is he ok with only running track?

My understanding is that he can practice but has to take a football scholarship if he plays in a game. If I'm right about that, as long as the track coach is cool with it, he can take a redshirt and see where he stands after a year with the team.

this is fair it hurts no one

Very easy to see why people hate Miami fans.

Ya think?!?!?!?! As a cane fan,.. I don't even like a portion of our fan base!! We say some really nasty, awful things about these students,..16-22 yr old kids (("kids" not intended disrespectfuly). Like they've personally wronged us! Because they make a decision for themselves,.. Or because they aren't the caliber we hoped for, or don't play as good as we (in our air conditioned living rooms) want them to play!! Throw the staff under the bus, because we don't agree with their decisions, although having no having no coaching experience, have opinions how they should be doing it!!

I've wondered at times...are there really that many trolls within our "fan base"...or are we really this much a bunch of thoughtless a$$holes!!

this!

Advertisement
Back