Illinois offers Thomas Burns

What the **** is wrong with you??

Even if he never steps foot on the football field, Thomas Burns is a **** of a Track athlete & Canes family.

He doesn't have to play football for us, he can still set records and be great for our track team.

I can't believe y'all would act like that towards Artie's lil brother after everything that family has gone through & everything they've meant to our program.

Cut it out bruh smh.

The post was in poor taste but has the staff communicated this to Burns? Is he ok with only running track?

QTNA

Advertisement
I fail to see why thinking Thomas Burns should come to Miami on a track scholarship is disrespectful.

The kid is an ELITE 300m hurdler. I believe he has the fastest time in the country this year for high schoolers, and I'm pretty sure it's not even that close.

If he keeps improving as he has been, Thomas very well could end up winning a gold medal in the next Olympics or two. I'd love to have him run track at Miami, then turn pro in track and have an amazing pro career.

Very easy to see why people hate Miami fans.

Go on literally any message board for any college football team and you will see this exact conversation take place given a similar circumstance. This behavior and mindset are not unique to Miami fans.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For posters saying artie Burns is one of their favorite former Canes, I assume you have been a fan for two years.

Artie had way more stupid penalties and got toasted 10x more than any plays he made here. I like him as an exCane but all-TIme favorite. Man that crazy. He ranks in the 500's for me.

For posters saying artie Burns is one of their favorite former Canes, I assume you have been a fan for two years.

Artie had way more stupid penalties and got toasted 10x more than any plays he made here. I like him as an exCane but all-TIme favorite. Man that crazy. He ranks in the 500's for me.

I'm talking about his character and perseverance, not his play while here. He had to play under Golden, D'O and Williams, a trifecta of ****** coaches. If he had stayed as a senior and played for Diaz, he would have been lights out. But he needed to take care of his family. You should read up on him. Kid is all O&G and had to overcome tremendous adversity.

Last edited:

Ya I'm a Burns fan and he did get it together for a nice junior year, but there were a lot of ups and downs on the field...Always knew he had the talent and he is a true Cane. But man anyone remember him just deciding not to tackle James Connor when Pitt whipped us at home? That was embarrassing.

I fail to see why thinking Thomas Burns should come to Miami on a track scholarship is disrespectful.

The kid is an ELITE 300m hurdler. I believe he has the fastest time in the country this year for high schoolers, and I'm pretty sure it's not even that close.

If he keeps improving as he has been, Thomas very well could end up winning a gold medal in the next Olympics or two. I'd love to have him run track at Miami, then turn pro in track and have an amazing pro career.

How many games have you watched Thomas burns play?

Advertisement
**** sake, people act like this kid is ruining the class. Like we're turning away 5* kids so we can keep him. Even if he doesn't come in on a track scholly lets wait until the class is actually full and there's an actual stud that's on the outside looking in.

Richt preaches, players convey "CANES" family-- might be short term thinking to simply kick the kid to the curb--Artie Burns was and is a special cane, his brother is family unless he chooses to go elsewhere, I am in the camp to accept his commitment and feel good about it!!

has burns been to any of the local camps or events? does he do 7v7?

havent read much on him other than track times here & there

Advertisement

I'm his Uncle. Including optimist, I'd guess around 86 games. What about you?

Are you a spokes person for ilcane2011?

Give up the bull**** act. Nobody thinks he is of the caliber to be in this years DB class. Taking him over Ty Campbell? Tyreke Johnson if he wants in? Blades? He got an offer based on his name and track times as a youngster from a different staff. If his life circumstances were different, none of this defense would be going on in the first place.

You are not scoring any points or gaining any respect for your white knight ***ery in this thread.

he may share the same opinion as him. and before you ask, yes. i am the spokesperson for ilovelamp51

giphy (8).jpg

Attachments

• 200w_s (1).gif
    200w_s (1).gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 96
Advertisement

Give up the bull**** act. Nobody thinks he is of the caliber to be in this years DB class. Taking him over Ty Campbell? Tyreke Johnson if he wants in? Blades? He got an offer based on his name and track times as a youngster from a different staff. If his life circumstances were different, none of this defense would be going on in the first place.

You are not scoring any points or gaining any respect for your white knight ***ery in this thread.

I don't give a dam about scoring points with you or anyone else on here. Fact is most of the people talking chit about this kid don't even know chit about him or have never seen him play. Like a give a dam about getting respect from people who make uninformed post all the got dam time and that includes you. You're the same guy who said running track was a waste of time. Yea I can't wait to earn your respect. LMAO PLZ.

I don't give a dam about scoring points with you or anyone else on here. Fact is most of the people talking chit about this kid don't even know chit about him or have never seen him play. Like a give a dam about getting respect from people who make uninformed post all the got dam time and that includes you. You're the same guy who said running track was a waste of time. Yea I can't wait to earn your respect. LMAO PLZ.

Since you completely missed the point I was making on that, and seemingly can't differentiate between a defensive lineman and a skill position player, ill not bring that up again.

Burns is not a football take for our staff, he is not a football take to the writers on this site, he is not a football take for florida state, florida, or any other high end major program at this juncture. There is enough evidence for people to agree with those others without having seen him live. You are mounting a defense for the kid solely because of his name, which while nice of you considering his family circumstances, is not how things work in an environment of competition at a high level with money on the line. He lists offers from illinois and purdue, those aren't schools we compete with for players, even more so in a year where we are talking about someone outside the top 150 in the state.

Want to argue he should get a track scholarship? fine. But challenging people with "have you seen him live" as if there is something everyone is missing from a 150 pound midget is ridiculous. Get over it.

Lola man don't try and back track from that dumb ads comment you made. Your comment was to the toon of if you were a coach you'd rather have your guys doing football related things as opposed to running track. Don't even try that misinterpretation BS.

As far as burns goes I don't have a problem saying I don't know enough. I've seen a highlight tape that's it. Not pretending to be an expert or cheerlead another mans post like you and some of these other guys

Guys saying he isn't a take..whatever coo but when asked why or have you seen the kid play it's crickets.

Advertisement
Back