If you think Diaz firing coaches...

hes been garbage for years and years. but he yelled on camera so you like him.

unreal stupid fans.

im not done. That was OC. This is DC

1575980364329.png

Advertisement
Best we can hope for
Exactly, because we know full well Diaz isn't getting fired after year one.

The problem is the players don't respect or fear Diaz, so how are they going to perform for any assistant coach? Diaz needs to toughen up, and start by taking away the freaking trinkets. He needs to distance himself from the participation trophies ASAP instead of doubling down on them.

most growth occurs early on. we will see what we have with diaz based on how he handles failure. if he keeps the status quo, he'll be gone in a year or two. if he learns from all of the mistakes, grows, and changes course...we might, MIGHT, have a chance with him.

is going to change anything you are a slurping fool who is part of the problem.

Coker fired his entire staff after the LSU bowl fiasco. Team was still horrendous.

Randy fired his DC after one year, his OC after 2, team was still horrendous.

When the HC is as inexperienced and terrible as a Diaz, none of it matters.

If you celebrate anything other than Diaz being fired then you are part of the problem.
Here's why I think you might be wrong - It's pretty obvious Manny isn't gonna get it done but he's not getting fired this year (******* shame) right? So imo, the best thing that can happen is he fires a large part of his staff. This shows that he made a mistake hiring them. Then the new guys will fail, because like you said, he's not going to be able to get anyone good to come to a sinking ship. At the end of year 2, Manny will have had two sets of coaches fail and that will be an absolute negative indictment on his head coaching ability.
We should want him to make sweeping changes. It's a win win situation. I'm pretty sure we all figure the odds of him pulling an Orgeron is about .01% but if he does it's a win. When he doesn't he'll have shown in two attempts that he can't put together a winning staff and he'll have done in two years what usually takes 3 to 5 years for a normal coRch to accomplish. That should accelerate his firing and is a win. So, you actually should want him to fire everyone and hire new.

Advertisement
The HC decides what kind of offense and defense he wants. He is responsible for whatever happens under his watch. The idea of Diaz didn't know what kind of offense he was getting when he hired Enos or Diaz had no say of what scheme he may design is absurd. No offense intended :)

It's not absurd to think that you are paying a guy enough to make his own decisions in his area of responsibility. This isn't the same relationship Diaz has, for example, with his mentee Baker.

Enos has been a head coach, and OC at major programs, and came with some major cred from Alabama and how he handled the qb situation there. He could have been OC there as it was rumored he was in line for that job. He was a hot commodity with probably a few suitors vying for his services (supposedly Georgia). He more than likely had the leverage to have some say in things and, like i said, Diaz preferred to reel in a big fish to establish some credibility as a first time HC as opposed going after a guy from a lower level program like Harrell. He made an error in judgement going for style over substance (which he has a penchant for).

I totally agree that ultimately it's Diaz responsibility who he hires and what responsibilities he gives his assistants. At the same time that doesn't also mean he is telling everyone under him how they should handle their business. He probably was ok with whatever Enos told him he was going to run and given he had actually faced Enos' offense as OC in Arkansas when he was DC at MSU, which moved the ball up and down the field on his defense, thought his west coast spread (or whatever you want to call it) would work.

Hopefully, he realizes you don't pay a guy a million dollars to run an offense that is dead last in 3rd down efficiency and cut ties with him at the end of the season.

It's not absurd to think that you are paying a guy enough to make his own decisions in his area of responsibility. This isn't the same relationship Diaz has, for example, with his mentee Baker.

Enos has been a head coach, and OC at major programs, and came with some major cred from Alabama and how he handled the qb situation there. He could have been OC there as it was rumored he was in line for that job. He was a hot commodity with probably a few suitors vying for his services (supposedly Georgia). He more than likely had the leverage to have some say in things and, like i said, Diaz preferred to reel in a big fish to establish some credibility as a first time HC as opposed going after a guy from a lower level program like Harrell. He made an error in judgement going for style over substance (which he has a penchant for).

I totally agree that ultimately it's Diaz responsibility who he hires and what responsibilities he gives his assistants. At the same time that doesn't also mean he is telling everyone under him how they should handle their business. He probably was ok with whatever Enos told him he was going to run and given he had actually faced Enos' offense as OC in Arkansas when he was DC at MSU, which moved the ball up and down the field on his defense, thought his west coast spread (or whatever you want to call it) would work.

Hopefully, he realizes you don't pay a guy a million dollars to run an offense that is dead last in 3rd down efficiency and cut ties with him at the end of the season.
"At the same time that doesn't also mean he is telling everyone under him how they should handle their business. He probably was ok with whatever Enos told him he was going to run"

In theory that would sound a reasonable assumption. Except it has been reported twice by Barry Jackson that Diaz wanted this offense.
"Diaz has clung to the hope that UM could win with a system that won during the glory years, with a pro style offense and power running game, and some modern-day run/pass options and spread elements intertwined. His rationalization is that because the system worked in the 1980s and 1990s, it should work today."

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article237667579.html#storylink=cpy

Enos gets the axe, this team would be instantly better with even an okay hire.

The only thing I can come up with about Enos is that he's so dead set on what he wants to do, he willingly sacrificed the team for the future when he gets guys to do what he wants them to do. Basically keep running the same ****, everyone is one the same page, and finally you have the players to do it.

Still a dog**** scheme and never would be championship quality unless you had just insane players. His old home could win many games with his crap, but wouldn't have produced as well as they did with their current guy. So either way, we're screwed with him.

"At the same time that doesn't also mean he is telling everyone under him how they should handle their business. He probably was ok with whatever Enos told him he was going to run"

In theory that would sound a reasonable assumption. Except it has been reported twice by Barry Jackson that Diaz wanted this offense.
"Diaz has clung to the hope that UM could win with a system that won during the glory years, with a pro style offense and power running game, and some modern-day run/pass options and spread elements intertwined. His rationalization is that because the system worked in the 1980s and 1990s, it should work today."

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article237667579.html#storylink=cpy

And I can read that as saying Diaz is hoping he can win with Enos' system. Not that he is dictating that system to Enos. So sure, he has accepted the system Enos is running and thought he could win with it. Hopefully he understands that this offense is not suited to the personnel he currently has or the style of offense that suits south Florida athletes.

Advertisement
At least it would be a step in the right direction. I’m all for firing Enos but keeping Baker. But if Diaz just hires another lame pro style OC he’s dead all over again

At least it would be a step in the right direction. I’m all for firing Enos but keeping Baker. But if Diaz just hires another lame pro style OC he’s dead all over again

defense was at least serviceable and ranked in top 25 overall. Had some breakdowns but also dealing with youth, especially in the secondary,

Offense has just been a complete disappointment.

defense was at least serviceable and ranked in top 25 overall. Had some breakdowns but also dealing with youth, especially in the secondary,

yeah exactly. Secondary mostly with 5 new starters in Gurvan, Bubba, Knowles, Ivey and Blades there’s bound to be mistakes.

No one on here is actually “part of the problem.”

I seriously doubt that Blake James and friends post on here.

LOL seriously. i particularly love it when fans on a message board talk about an opponent 3 or 4 weeks down the line, and some mopey fool says some sh*t like "let's worry about next weeks opponent guys! we dont need to worry about that other team."

Advertisement

No doubt, this defense is plenty good enough for competing in the Coastal

a good offense can also help your defense. Being last in 3rd down efficiency means the offense is not maintaining drives and the defense is on the field way too long.
Exactly and the most frustrating thing is starting a drive with great field position and having to settle for a field goal or come away with no points. That has happened too many times in the recent years.

Advertisement
And I can read that as saying Diaz is hoping he can win with Enos' system. Not that he is dictating that system to Enos. So sure, he has accepted the system Enos is running and thought he could win with it. Hopefully he understands that this offense is not suited to the personnel he currently has or the style of offense that suits south Florida athletes.
This is exactly what Dorrito and Golden did to our defense. Instead of changing their defensive style to suit our fast Miami athletes they tried to force their PSU style defense on our team. Choices like that do not give me confidence in Diaz and his football smarts. He will probably end up having the same fate here as Golden.

This is exactly what Dorrito and Golden did to our defense. Instead of changing their defensive style to suit our fast Miami athletes they tried to force their PSU style defense on our team. Choices like that do not give me confidence in Diaz and his football smarts. He will probably end up having the same fate here as Golden.

I am still holding out on judgement since Diaz has hardly been here. We had a few years worth of Golden and his stubbornness. If Manny cans Enos this year I am willing to wait and see. If not you could be right.

Advertisement
Back