IF YOU SUPPORT THIS STAFF YOURE AN ENEMY OF THE PROGRAM

6-4? I blame Golden and his staff for 3 of those losses. 1-19 vs teams with a pulse? I blame Golden and his staff for 18 of those losses. This one's on the players.

Advertisement
What could he have done different besides go for it on 4th when they missed that FG? They brought 5 when Cook scored the game winning TD, 4 players missed tackles. They didn't abandon the passing game on offense or the blitz on defense. I don't know what more you want the man to do. He can't recover loss fumbles and catch dropped TD passes. I'm not saying he didn't have a part in the loss, he didn't coach a flawless game. He has lost games in the past, he did not lose this one.

Players missing tackles has been an issue with this guy since he's been here. 2011, 2012.....last night. Different players same coach same issues...that's on the hc. He had his chance to get over the hump. An issue that's been a concern since he's gotten here ( missed tackles) cost him this game.

6-4? I blame Golden and his staff for 3 of those losses. 1-19 vs teams with a pulse? I blame Golden and his staff for 18 of those losses. This one's on the players.

Couldn't possible disagree more. We saw a lot of the same things in that second half that we saw over the aforementioned other 19 games.

If he really believed in half the virtues, pillars, and values that he always preaches about he'd resign immediately.

In those 19 losses the players didn't drop any passes, miss any tackles etc etc? Lol. Ok.

Part 1:I'm not sure what else needs to be said, so I will keep it simple and stick to the facts.

Over the last 4 years:

1. Zero Coastal Champs,

2. 0-4 Against FSU,

3. No actual improvement since 2012

2011: 3-5
2012: 5-3
2013: 5-3
2014: 3-3 (no chance of improvement)

4. 16-14 in the ACC (for a reference RS was 16-16 and fired)

Part 2: Now here are some bullchit arguments that are fully gone

1. Total Wins Improved Each Season During the Regular Season

2011: 6
2012: 7
2013: 9
2014: ___ (at most it can be 8)

This argument, although incredibly idiotic, is gone. Nobody can use this argument anymore.

2. It's not fair that Al be judged solely on the FSU game in 2014. No. This is not the case. In fact Al can to FSU each year and still have (a) won more than 5 games in the ACC, (b) won the coastal and (c) won 10 games in a season. Al is being judged on Part 1 above. Al is being judged on his TERRIBLE 16-14 record in the ACC. He is being judged for losing so many games. In year 4, he already lost 4 games. In year 4, he is unable to actually improve in the ACC. Losing to FSU for a 4th straight time is just part of it especially because he had 2 weeks to prepare for the game. Nobody can use this argument anymore.

Advertisement
Bad luck plays always happen. Random fumbles, bad calls, and guys missing a tackle happen in every game.

If you can't overcome those thing at a better % than 1-19, the problem is deeper than bad luck. The problem is either strategic or tactical or both.

The most glaring problems I saw were poor technic from the front seven when in obvious pass rush situation. Unless blitzing players come off untouched, no one on the team knows how to shed a block. Our D looks like they want to drive OL back rather than shed.

The offensive strategy in the second half was baffling. We shut it down way to early and played right into FSUs designs.

Al is average at best. We will never win anything meaningful with him in charge.

Bad coaching always overshadows bad on field play. Maybe I need to rewatch the game a few more times but for the first time in a long time I did not see a poor coaching job vs an opponent whose team out ranked us and were supposedly more talented and better coached.

Looks like the UF and FSU grad assistants have logged in here to praise Folden. Open Borders Al is like Barak the way he has opened up South Florida for northern migration of talent.

Advertisement
Not a Golden boy but Al Golden didn't drop one pass, miss one field goal, miss one tackle, fumble one ball, overthrow one reciever, or botch one call in this game. This loss was not on the staff homie.

You're missing the point. That second half was as telling as they come. We shelled up, and started playing not to lose. That comes from the top, and trickles down to the players. It was so evident last night, it made me sick.

How did we shell up? First play in second half was play action to Walford and Ramsey made a nice play. We were running the ball effectively on 1st down. Dobard fumble was unfortunately. We run combo and if Brad puts a little air under the ball that's six. A couple of batted balls prevented big plays. The dig route to Coley would have picked up a first down if ball wasn't batted. We even up settling for a field goal.

Lol I give Golden and staff credit for 1 out of 20 games and I'm a UF/FSU fan? That's cool. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be fired, just saying he did a pretty good job last night and last week of preparing the troops. They came out swinging and taking hits, they just took one more than they could deliver.

Yep. Any piece of **** who criticized fans for their critique of the coaching staff needs to shut the **** up, go sit in the corner, and never open their mouth again. Some of you never should be allowed to post here again. It's ******* pathetic.

This is the most hopeless I have ever been about UM football.

Advertisement
Lol I give Golden and staff credit for 1 out of 20 games and I'm a UF/FSU fan? That's cool. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be fired, just saying he did a pretty good job last night and last week of preparing the troops. They came out swinging and taking hits, they just took one more than they could deliver.

You didn't do a "good job" if you ******* lost. This isn't FIU. We don't play for moral victories.

Not a Golden boy but Al Golden didn't drop one pass, miss one field goal, miss one tackle, fumble one ball, overthrow one reciever, or botch one call in this game. This loss was not on the staff homie.

You're missing the point. That second half was as telling as they come. We shelled up, and started playing not to lose. That comes from the top, and trickles down to the players. It was so evident last night, it made me sick.

Herbstreit kept saying this over and over. It was such a pathetic display. I felt like we were a nameless Big 10 team just begging for a win, instead of taking it.

Advertisement
You're absolutely right we shouldn't have "lost" that game but we did and for a change. It was not AG's fault. It was not like GT or UofL or Nebraska, this game was "lost" primarily by the players.

Everyone of you hoisting the moral victory trophy today can die a slow painful death.

Have you forgotten this is Miami, and what our standards are? Or are you just a loser that wants to root for the nice coach that almost wins?

Four years. 4th season.

- he is 6-4
- he is now 0 for 4 at winning one of the worst divisions in college football
- he just got smoked 20-3 at home in the second half of the most important game of his career
- with an obscenely better defense and qb he managed to lose MORE games this season

If any of you are still insane enough to support this loser, I urge you to find a new program to root for.

You are not worthy to be a Miami fan. You do not understand what Hurricanes football is all about.

Someone buy this man a beer! We need more fans who see the situation like this. Slurpers, be damned!

Was I watching a different game? We couldn't get any pressure/penetration (even while blitzing -- looked like FSU reduced OLine spacing to trip us up) and the offensive line got dominated in the 2nd half.

I think you guys let the line and all the predictions get to you... The vitriol on this board is really making all of this less enjoyable.

Advertisement
Back