If you had known...

TheEye

Mario and Dan are upgrades. Period.
Butch would be replaced by Coker, would you have said Fire Butch #fromchampstochumps?

Coker would be replaced by Shannon, would you have said fire Coker?

Shannon would be replaced be Golden, would you have said fire Shannon?

Golden would be replaced by Richt, would you have said Fire Golden?

Richt would be replaced by Diaz, would you have said Fire Richt?

It seems like the school does not know how to hire coaches to meet our expectations. (Regardless of the AD) How many of you expect another bad coach after Diaz is fired?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wanna know how the last 15+ years of **** could've been avoided?

You tell the players that demanded Coker's hiring that you appreciate their input and then you go hire a real coach.

You then still immediately win at minimum one title and here's the real important part-

You immediately start investing in and massively fundraising for the program THEN at the height of our greatness in order to sustain success for when the coach you just hired leaves for the NFL in a few years.

You couple this with an exhaustive list of quality AD replacements as you're not legally blind and can tell that Paul Dee ain't long for this world.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Go down the coaching hires and fires of 90% of the schools out there and you can say the same thing. Our track record is terrible, but if anything is proven year after year, it's that finding a great coach is as rare as it is random.

LOL at the slurpers
It's not just Miami bro! It's hard for everyone to find good coaches bro!

We're not everyone, we're a 6* time national championship program and no, that's not living in the past; it's just a fact.

Advertisement
LOL at the slurpers
It's not just Miami bro! It's hard for everyone to find good coaches bro!

We're not everyone, we're a 6* time national championship program and no, that's not living in the past; it's just a fact.

It's not slurping. I'm not saying this regime is the best we can do. But it's a fact the game has changed completely since we last won one a title and finding a great coach that can deliver consistent winning is harder than ever.

There are a lot more big time programs all over the country, ones with far more financial resources and better recruiting success who continue to struggle than ones who've changed their fortunes.

Last edited:
Go down the coaching hires and fires of 90% of the schools out there and you can say the same thing. Our track record is terrible, but if anything is proven year after year, it's that finding a great coach is as rare as it is random.
The hires themselves probably werent THAT bad, but the process of letting these HC get away with nepotism and cronyism is. When your program is down, you have to have an AD with enough clout to fire D'Onofrio and hire Helfrich when he's sitting in your football offices looking for a job. We keep hiring coaches to say "here's the keys to the kingdom, good luck" and then we have to bring in a new guy every 4 years or so. I mean Addazio (OL) & Morris (OC) are available right now. Throw money at those guys and get them in to save the offense and the team. Heck, I'd take just Addazio to be co-OC/OL and Enos can take back the same role he had at Bama. Its things like this that drive me more crazy than hiring Al Golden or Larry Coker.

It is hard to believe that three of our past five head coaches had NO head coaching experience before they landed the Miami job, and one
did not have a significant win while a head coach at a none power five level. Only one had a resume, and did more in his first two years, recruiting, bowl win, divisional champs, indoor practice field, than the combined years of all the others except the first two years of Coker, which he should not be given credit for. He also stepped down on his own when he realized he just did not have it anymore.
Somehow the administration is just blind or lazy to the reality of big time college football.

Advertisement
It's not slurping. I'm not saying this regime is the best we can do. But it's a fact the game has changed completely since we last won one a title. Finding a great coach that can deliver consistent winning is harder than ever.

There are a lot more big time programs all over the country, ones with far more financial resources and better recruiting success who continue to struggle than ones who've changed their fortunes.
I agree it's harder and part of it is a lot of the same coaches keep getting hired. For us, it all starts with having someone great at evaluating coaches in a position to hire them. Until we have that, we will continue to struggle.
I guess my point is, Miami itself needs to start acting like we're a 6* time champion.

I dont know if Cristobal should have been the guy... but with Miami's policy of letting the HC drive the team into the ground, I 100% knew Manny wasnt the guy.
Yeah. True that. I’ve said either get Saban or urban..if you fail there which is likely..then get Cristobal

I agree it's harder and part of it is a lot of the same coaches keep getting hired. For us, it all starts with having someone great at evaluating coaches in a position to hire them. Until we have that, we will continue to struggle.
I guess my point is, Miami itself needs to start acting like we're a 6* time champion.

Agree with that 100%. A strong AD would have pulled Golden in after season one and told him he had to unload Dnofrio or risk his job and instead we extended him. Same with CMR and his son.

Wholesale changes are needed, which is why I am hopeful there is some truth to the Highsmith rumor. We need a tough minded leader with a ton of hands on football knowledge and an understanding of this city and university.

Advertisement
Back