If you could bring one cane back for 2020.

Tough decision. Ahmmon would be a game changer on offense with his size/speed/hands; he and D'Eriq would destroy defenses especially with our TEs. But I'd probably go with Spence, we need help at LB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t think we’ve had a defensive player from the 2010-2019 era that was so dominant that they could take over a game for us enough to stop Clemsons offense.

We’ve had some good players, but no monsters like STaylor, Reed, Morgan, DJ, or Wilfork type guys that wed be able to add to our current defense and single handedly shut down a team like Clemson.

Our only chance is to win in a shoot out. We are lacking a true, big time, do it all WR.

A healthy and mature Ahmon Richards would add an element to our team that is desperately lacking. Giving King a guy like that would be disgusting.

Advertisement
McIntosh, Spence, Perryman, Artie to take over for Ivey, and Ahmon Richards. We’d be playoff level if they’d suited up in 2020 with our current players.

1. Artie Burns; if he played in this Defense with this kinda pass rush we have he would've had 8-10 picks easy.

2. Ahmmon Richards; Ahmmon with King throwing him the ball in Lashlee's offense = RECORDS BROKEN

3. Phillip Dorsett; he's the exact dynamic Slot WR we need, he would be playing in place of Harley & under King's leadership in Lashlee's offense would absolutely torch Defenses.

4. Travis Benjamin; I mean do I even need to explain what TB3 would do in an uptempo spread.

5. Darnell "Nuke" Jenkins; would've been another super explosive big time playmaker in this offense, Defenses wouldn't be able to cover him.

6. Allen Bailey; playing in this Defense would've been a nightmare to block at DT

7. Jeff Thomas; same situation as the other WR's mentioned above, uncoverable speedster that would break open the field.

8. Tyriq McCord; was forced to play as an OLB in a 3-4 that's not his strong suite, in our Defense would've been a pass rushing Viper that plays in the same role that DJax, Garvin & Roche play now.

9. Demarcus Van Dyke; he was 6'0 185lbs & ran a 4.28 40, legit one of the fastest players to ever come through The U. With his natural speed & fluid hip turn ability he would've been coached up to being one of the best corners in the ACC in this scheme. DVD in the 4-2-5 would've been a lockdown Corner.

10. Jermaine Grace; his speed as a Weak side LB in the 4-2-5 would've been deadly, he actually could've been perfect at Striker too, he would be flying all over the field & constantly in the backfield in this Defense.

717286_crop_exact.jpg

Advertisement
Why restrict to the last 10 years of suckage? What´s the point? if you´re going Harry-Potter-esque fantasy land, at least go back to when we had really good players.

Advertisement
Who would it be?

we got two weeks before next game so.....

Players have to be from 2010-2019 cane teams.

For me it’s a toss up between Ahmon Richards And Artie Burns to really take this team over the top.

Corner is the bigger need. **** I’d kick a puppy to get Trajan back.

Relax. I meant gently.

Advertisement
On defense Artie Burns and Michael Jackson jr wouldve been great along side Al Blades Jr. LBers easily Sean Spence and Denzel Perryman.

On offense Ahmmon Richardson and Stacy Coley and it’s guaranteed we beat Clemson and playing for a national championship.

Advertisement
Back