If you are Fedora, why do you take this job over being HC at Temple?

The only good job a Temple HC got. Was the one Golden wasted away.

Temple gets you a BC, Baylor or a GT gig. The windows are small and you have to jump quick before your light goes dim. So you either jump on the 1st thing or you become a Temple lifer.

Being apart of this program and leading the offense and team to a CFB playoff. Would give you job security and the ability to chill and get the right job.

Fedora isn't getting any younger but if he wants to finish his career as a HC. At programs like So Miss, UNC, Temple and whatever other no name gig. Take the Temple job.

Being a OC imo at a 5 time NC program. Is better than being a HC at Temple.
Fedora isn't getting anything other than a mid power 5 program after his UNC collapse

Temple is his best chance to achieve that

Advertisement
Canes shades off, I take the Miami job.

Success at either job would open up the same opportunities. Temple is high risk, high reward. Miami is lower risk, high reward.

Fired P5 coordinators can still land Temple level jobs. Fired Temple level HCs typically do not.

In other words, another Temple level job will probably be on the table for him eventually, no matter what happens at Miami. However, if he fails at Temple his career is in the tank. Throw in the fact that (being serious here) Temple would likely expect immediate results, since their last few coaches have produced, and there's no way I'm going there.

If he’s offered the Temple HC job, and the buyout is reasonable, he’ll take it. It’s a no brainer.

First, he has a big ego, as virtually all head coaches do, so he’ll bet on himself making Temple successful. Plus, he will want to be in control of everything.

Second, it’s not like he’s walking into a well-oiled machine at UM. There are glaring problems on the OL, and major questions about the QB position.

Advertisement
Fedora has a good shot to be a HC at a quality G5 school.

If not Temple, Cincinnati May open up. He might also decide Toledo is the right fit for him if Candle leaves.

We should probably move on from Fedora.

If he’s offered the Temple HC job, and the buyout is reasonable, he’ll take it. It’s a no brainer.

First, he has a big ego, as virtually all head coaches do, so he’ll bet on himself making Temple successful. Plus, he will want to be in control of everything.

Second, it’s not like he’s walking into a well-oiled machine at UM. There are glaring problems on the OL, and major questions about the QB position.

On your last point. A lot easier to fix our offense than the armpit that is Temple.

You guys are really being delusional over a guy that has 1 coastal title, can't recruit, did not recruit a decent qb for 3 straight years and his offense sucked worst than Richt's the last 2 years

Advertisement
If Manny/Fedora gets Miami to the ACCCG ranked in the top 10, that dudes face is gonna be on SportsCenter daily. If Fedora gets Temple to 10-2, they maybe crack the top 25 and he gets a single interview on a weekday in the middle of the day before the Independence Bowl...

I honestly don't understand how this is even a question. He can raise his profile incredibly more effectively here than he can at Temple.

And you don't think the next school that hires him won't look more favorably on a guy who's learned to better recruit south Florida than a guy recruiting NJ and SE PA?

The question becomes a personal one about the man himself. Does he want to come work under Manny with So. Fla. athletes, or be the guy in charge at Temple?

All that matters to me is that, in the end, we'll have at least offered him enough money to make it a very difficult decision, even if he does prefer to be the head guy in charge. If we do that, we're going to end up with a good OC either way and we'll know that this program, under Manny, is serious about winning big.

Another thing, fedora has been in the acc since what 2012 or so? All of these acc coaches have seen his offense, they would be able to defend it better in terms of game planning to stop it. These coaches would already know what he has done or going to do you know what I mean? Might be better to throw something new at them

Lol that makes no sense. So you don’t hire a guy because they’ve seen his offense. Would you rather an OC with no playcalling experience that way it will be a mystery to everyone? Then you’ll complain about the inexperience and no track record of success.

What if Brent Venables was available for DC? Under your logic we shouldn’t hire him because Acc oc have seen his defenses.

And I thought I was a glass half empty kinda guy. Every day someone comes with another reason we shouldn’t hire the guy lol.

Advertisement

Success at either job would open up the same opportunities. Temple is high risk, high reward. Miami is lower risk, high reward.

Fired P5 coordinators can still land Temple level jobs. Fired Temple level HCs typically do not.

In other words, another Temple level job will probably be on the table for him eventually, no matter what happens at Miami. However, if he fails at Temple his career is in the tank. Throw in the fact that (being serious here) Temple would likely expect immediate results, since their last few coaches have produced, and there's no way I'm going there.
So why did Manny choose Temple?

Lol that makes no sense. So you don’t hire a guy because they’ve seen his offense. Would you rather an OC with no playcalling experience that way it will be a mystery to everyone? Then you’ll complain about the inexperience and no track record of success.

What if Brent Venables was available for DC? Under your logic we shouldn’t hire him because Acc oc have seen his defenses.

And I thought I was a glass half empty kinda guy. Every day someone comes with another reason we shouldn’t hire the guy lol.
I’m not saying don’t hire him

It’s called delusional.

Meh. Name the last time Miami hired a truly qualified, top-notch OC/DC with head coaching experience. Y'all are acting like we haven't been run by retarded people for the last 15 years. Don't compare Larry Fedora to James Coley and Mark Whipple. But oh, by the way, Jedd Fisch did go on to the NFL.

Advertisement

You must of head goggles underneath those shades

Fedora has a good shot to be a HC at a quality G5 school.

If not Temple, Cincinnati May open up. He might also decide Toledo is the right fit for him if Candle leaves.

We should probably move on from Fedora.
It's a young guys game and Fedora will be 57 next season. I doubt he gets a "quality G5 HC job. ****, Stoops and Meyer quit at 56 and 54 years old. The business takes its toll. Saban keeps going because they have an NFL style program from assistants to football ops and anything in between! If Temple offers, I think he goes. His HC clock is ticking

Some of you assume his singular goal is to position himself for the next job.

Some coaches just want to be the head coach. He may only be the captain of a small ship but it is still HIS ship.

On your last point. A lot easier to fix our offense than the armpit that is Temple.

Not really. Temple is not the career killer job it used to be. Recent head coaches have done well, and been picked up for better programs. That’s the reason Diaz accepted the job.

We have serious question marks at QB and OL. We all hope they can be rectified with a strong OC, but it is equally likely, if not more so, that we have a talent deficiency at those critical positions.

Advertisement
Back