If you are Fedora, why do you take this job over being HC at Temple?

Comparing Manny and Fedora at Temple as HC isnt exactly comparing apples to apples.
1. Fedora already has P5 head coaching experience. If he is successful at Miami as OC, then he likely could recieve better job offers than what a no head coaching experience Manny Diaz would get.
2. Manny's move to Temple had to have a bit of self preservation invloved as well. The poor offense and ST could make his defense look worse than it is. Also, if Mark Richt had another poor season, maybe he gets fired. This would have put manny's job in jeopardy.

Im not saying Fedora chooses us, but its not the same as Manny's decision either.

Advertisement
Is it a more forward move in your coaching career, after being a head coach, to be Manny's employee at a bigger program vs. being the head guy at a place like Temple? Manny obviously thought being the HC at Temple trumped being a coordinator at the U.
He was a coordinator on a team with zero chance of getting better. His stock was going to fall had he stayed. A sinking ship is less exciting that one heading out on a maiden voyage. Well, a sinking ship is exciting, but not in a good way.
🤪

Advertisement
Another thing, fedora has been in the acc since what 2012 or so? All of these acc coaches have seen his offense, they would be able to defend it better in terms of game planning to stop it. These coaches would already know what he has done or going to do you know what I mean? Might be better to throw something new at them
Great post

Very true he's in our division

I'm about to pull applewhites advanced stats.i suspect he's a much better option than people believe

Not to mention briles just went to FSU.. the slight advantage to applewhite is he would have us ready for FSU every year as he was briles boss at Houston

They both can equally propel him up to a better job. Imo it’ll just take longer at temple. Plus the headache of trying to suceed at temple compared to miami. Just see miami as the quicker less overall stressful path for him. Could be wrong but if we can snap right back into the acccg next season, his name will be mentioned by the broadcasters all game long on a national level more than at temple.

Advertisement
If he’s has an offer to be a HC at a school like Temple that sends coaches to bigger jobs like a factory he should and probably would take it.

Just makes sense.

The only good job a Temple HC got. Was the one Golden wasted away.

Temple gets you a BC, Baylor or a GT gig. The windows are small and you have to jump quick before your light goes dim. So you either jump on the 1st thing or you become a Temple lifer.

Being apart of this program and leading the offense and team to a CFB playoff. Would give you job security and the ability to chill and get the right job.

Fedora isn't getting any younger but if he wants to finish his career as a HC. At programs like So Miss, UNC, Temple and whatever other no name gig. Take the Temple job.

Being a OC imo at a 5 time NC program. Is better than being a HC at Temple.

Not to mention briles just went to FSU.. the slight advantage to applewhite is he would have us ready for FSU every year as he was briles boss at Houston
Applewhite would know the ins and outs of briles offense and what works and doesn’t. How to stop it more importantly

Advertisement
Being successful at Temple gets you a better job than Temple

Literally that place is the launching pad for coaches

Exactly. Last 4 Temple coaches next HC job:

Golden - Miami
Addazio - BC
Rhule - Baylor
Collins - GT

Temple would seem to be the logical choice if he's still interested in being a Head Coach.

Last 4 HCs at Temple (I'm not counting Manny) have gone straight to Miami, Boston College, Baylor and Ga Tech. I hope like **** he comes here, but Temple is a good stepping stone. But, all of those guys were first time HCs. This would be his 3rd HC job. Maybe that factors in.

Advertisement
If he comes here and succeeds and gets our offense back on track big time he will be able to get a big time job even better then UNC maybe. At temple it isn't easy to win and even then if he did there would be less eyes on him for new jobs then there are at Miami. But as Brock said if he is a guy who just likes having the power and overseeing a program and doesn't have many plans ( ie getting a job at a big time university ) then Temple is the choice.
He's 56 years old and most major schools are hiring younger guys to run the show. Oklahoma, Ohio State, Texas can get anyone they want, they all hired younger, up and coming offensive minds. If he comes here for 2 years, he'll be approaching 60 and no successful major program wants a 60 year old HC (exceptCoach Nick!)..I think he takes Temple
if offered

How do you know temple even wants him? The only place I’ve seen fedora to temple is from Miami fans. The article I read says they want a coach thats going to stay long term and they aren’t even interviewing coaches till next week so I know he hasn’t been offered
You also have to consider that the reporter writing the article doesnt have all the information that the AD does as well. The AD decides what info he wants to leak to the press. This controls what is written, but not what is actually going on. FWIW I have no clue, but that article proves nothing other than that's what somebody wants people to believe.

Is it a more forward move in your coaching career, after being a head coach, to be Manny's employee at a bigger program vs. being the head guy at a place like Temple? Manny obviously thought being the HC at Temple trumped being a coordinator at the U.

If you are Manny why do you hire a guy who clearly sucks at his job in Applesauce?

You guys love being lied too that's why!

Advertisement
Back