If you are Fedora, why do you take this job over being HC at Temple?

LoungeLord

Junior
Is it a more forward move in your coaching career, after being a head coach, to be Manny's employee at a bigger program vs. being the head guy at a place like Temple? Manny obviously thought being the HC at Temple trumped being a coordinator at the U.

Advertisement
The pro for being the OC at Miami is having the perception of fixing the offense that was clearly broken to everyone, and frankly, how could it get worse than this past season? And, given the established talent on the team and the ability (if he's here at least 2 years) to recruit more athletes and do even better in his 2nd year, that should have him be a candidate at a good P5 job. The same could happen at Temple, but he gets 2 years of not having to be the head guy stress.

Advertisement
If he comes here and succeeds and gets our offense back on track big time he will be able to get a big time job even better then UNC maybe. At temple it isn't easy to win and even then if he did there would be less eyes on him for new jobs then there are at Miami. But as Brock said if he is a guy who just likes having the power and overseeing a program and doesn't have many plans ( ie getting a job at a big time university ) then Temple is the choice.

Advertisement
How do you know temple even wants him? The only place I’ve seen fedora to temple is from Miami fans. The article I read says they want a coach thats going to stay long term and they aren’t even interviewing coaches till next week so I know he hasn’t been offered

Sometimes dudes just need a break from the grind of being a HC.

I'm curious if the Fedora to Temple rumors are even legit. Sounds more like an agent generated story, but I guess we'll see.

Sometimes dudes just need a break from the grind of being a HC.

I'm curious if the Fedora to Temple rumors are even legit. Sounds more like an agent generated story, but I guess we'll see.
I dont Think they are

Advertisement
It's not about csn he be a HC its about is he better then an up and comer. If he wins 7 or 8 it's less then let's say Brown getting the job and winning that because he's older with a decade as a HC. Here if he turns it around he csn blame UNC but at Temple he'd need a 10 win season

Advertisement
You can legit win a title here - sooner than most would expect. You have access to freak athletes. The HC wants to play the same style of football as you and you will have his full support. Miami football - when we're winning - is lit af. Stars come out for Miami - but you have to win.

The national media loves us. Loves to hate us. But loves us all the same.

And nothing is better than being a millionaire in Miami.

Another thing, fedora has been in the acc since what 2012 or so? All of these acc coaches have seen his offense, they would be able to defend it better in terms of game planning to stop it. These coaches would already know what he has done or going to do you know what I mean? Might be better to throw something new at them

Temples last 4 coaches got Power Five jobs. Golden,Adazio, Rhule,, and whatever the name of the coach that just left for GT.

Advertisement
Back