If you are Fedora, why do you take this job over being HC at Temple?

Unless it’s stupid money you don’t. Being successful here gets you a better job opportunity than one at Temple.
Apparently being successful here gets you the job opportunity at temple.

Evidence of this is our successful DC takin the job at temple.

Advertisement
If our DC accepted the temple job, why are we even questioning that fedora would take that very same temple job instead of coordinator spot here?

Well according to Fedora himself he never runs the exact same offense every year. He likes to change some things within his offensive approach like adding new plays and removing old ones on an annual basis
Weird.
New plays EVERY YEAR? It’s just so weird.

Weird.
New plays EVERY YEAR? It’s just so weird.

Surely he wasn’t talking about a full overhaul of the playbook. What seems more reasonable is a few new wrinkles to not make the offense look so predictable year in and year out

Advertisement
He's ver
Surely he wasn’t talking about a full overhaul of the playbook. What seems more reasonable is a few new wrinkles to not make the offense look so predictable year in and year out
He's very good at adapting what he does to the strength of the players he has (QB in particular). Great approach.

And the tiebreaker goes to Miami
hqdefault-1.jpg

Soon to be Fran brown at temple.....they want a defensive minded coach......

Advertisement
None of Temple’s last 5 head coaching hires, from Golden to Diaz, had any HC experience before Temple. They like up & comers. Fedora doesn’t fit the bill of what they usually look for in a coach.

I want him here, but yeah, Temple HC is better than Um OC.

Look no further than our own HC- He left our DC post to take Temple HC!

Winning a few games at Temple doesn't translate to being able to win at better program. See Al Golden. A.D.s have to know that .

What's with all the temple talk? Nobody on the temple boards is talking about fedora. They're all talking other names. I think Fedora and OSU is more probable.

Advertisement
I'd only need one reason. Philly is a ****hole and cold in the winter. Coral Gables is sweet! JMO

I was making a reference to our last OC, who thought it best to use the same plays for 30 years.

Advertisement
The only good job a Temple HC got. Was the one Golden wasted away.

Temple gets you a BC, Baylor or a GT gig. The windows are small and you have to jump quick before your light goes dim. So you either jump on the 1st thing or you become a Temple lifer.

Being apart of this program and leading the offense and team to a CFB playoff. Would give you job security and the ability to chill and get the right job.

Fedora isn't getting any younger but if he wants to finish his career as a HC. At programs like So Miss, UNC, Temple and whatever other no name gig. Take the Temple job.

Being a OC imo at a 5 time NC program. Is better than being a HC at Temple.

FYI, Rhule turned down Oregon for Baylor (because he's an idiot).

Your bias is laughable though. I couldn't legally drive with a permit the last time you won a NC.

Canes shades off, I take the Miami job.

Success at either job would open up the same opportunities. Temple is high risk, high reward. Miami is lower risk, high reward.

Fired P5 coordinators can still land Temple level jobs. Fired Temple level HCs typically do not.

In other words, another Temple level job will probably be on the table for him eventually, no matter what happens at Miami. However, if he fails at Temple his career is in the tank. Throw in the fact that (being serious here) Temple would likely expect immediate results, since their last few coaches have produced, and there's no way I'm going there.

High risk? We haven't fired a football coach since 1992. We've had two resign, but we don't fire coaches. We've had two basketball coaches over the last 37 years.

Is it a more forward move in your coaching career, after being a head coach, to be Manny's employee at a bigger program vs. being the head guy at a place like Temple? Manny obviously thought being the HC at Temple trumped being a coordinator at the U.
Coaches arent all totally stupid ...... Temple has been a proven springboard for their last few coaches.... Fedora is surely
factoring that into his decision.

Advertisement
Back