If you’re not a cane then leave the board

Hey, junior, this is a message board where we're rail about Canes football, good or bad (and it's been bad).
You can save that sunshine pumping **** for the birds.
And as for you trying to tell other grown men in a message board to go somewhere else.... if you're not a mod, the best policy for you and your 120+ posts is to just
giphy (17).gif

Advertisement
Love the rah rah fans that try to justify mediocrity.

Swear these guys are from The Hecht, just like when they were invading the boards during Golden final years. Good times.

Not to take it there but can you imagine this **** in the street? “Oh no worry B, your failed attempt will get us all whacked but it was a good effort. I’m just glad you took the 64 because that shows growth from the 63”...

It’s actually mind boggling to me that so many of you actually want Manny to fail. Like there is no way he can progress as a head coach. Like four games will define his entire head coaching career. There have been plenty of mistakes (obviously) and it’s fair to say that we all had high expectations after all the stuff happening in the off-season. But some of y’all really need to slow your roll. I can’t imagine what y’alls blood pressure must look like.
*****ing about the failures of this staff thus far somehow equates into someone wanting Manny to fail? What kinda mental gymnastics is that? We all wish we were the Miami we all grew up on and remember. Some of us that know what that is supposed to look like aren’t easily fooled by gimmicks and slogans. And the ones that were fooled before learned their lesson from the likes of Golden. We suck. We lost to a UNC team that just lost to App St and we just barely beat Central Mich at home. We just suck.

Advertisement
*****ing about the failures of this staff thus far somehow equates into someone wanting Manny to fail? What kinda mental gymnastics is that? We all wish we were the Miami we all grew up on and remember. Some of us that know what that is supposed to look like aren’t easily fooled by gimmicks and slogans. And the ones that were fooled before learned their lesson from the likes of Golden. We suck. We lost to a UNC team that just lost to App St and we just barely beat Central Mich at home. We just suck.
Ok? And even if we do suck, there have been a hundred “fire Manny” threads. If that isn’t calling for someone to fail, then idk what is

Ok? And even if we do suck, there have been a hundred “fire Manny” threads. If that isn’t calling for someone to fail, then idk what is
That’s not hoping someone fails, that’s realizing that they already have failed. Look, I know I’m being trolled here, but whatever. Always assess your team as if this was one of our rivals. We laughed at UF when they had Shark Fvcker but this is acceptable?

You
It’s unreal how negative this board has got. Yes I know it’s CIS and people cry about everything, but seriously a thread about going 3-9. We looked bad today don’t get me wrong but let’s look at the experience of Diaz and the offense.

QB: 4th start
RB: Dallas first year starter
WR:Jeff Thomas, Osborn (first year in the program) Harley first year starter
TE: 2 sophmores with massive potential
OL: all underclassmen except Donaldson and gaynor who’s never played before

This offense can and will vastly improve over the course of this season and I’m so sick of you negative people and can’t wait for us too look much better and win the coastal despite all of you ******* complaining about every little thing

You homer types have said this about EVERY **** coach since randy shannon.

Advertisement
My entire life I’ve dealt with the same stuff you have over the last 15 years now it doesn’t look great right now but just saying we suck and are going to lose every game isn’t Helping at all.

OK; so let me explain what’s going on, OK?

What you’re seeing is an exhaustive reaction based upon incompetence from The Top. The only time this admin respond, is when the rumblings from our fan base is heard.

Richt gave us a golden opportunity; he walked away, not looking for a dime more. Instead of the AD taking time to hire a proven coach or ****, even an up & comer, he paid $7m to get Manny. $7 mutha fckin million for an unproven coach from a failed regime.

So that ****ed us off; but, like the loyal fans we are, we started to buy in, especially when he was tweeting this & that, telling recruits either join us or we’ll kick their ***. Then comes TNM! Fans bought in to the hype, even nay sayers like myself was starting to feel Manny. Then the season started. Losing a respectable close game to a top 10 rival; OK, it hurt, but we could justify it. Losing to a fresh UNC team after a bye week and look just as undisciplined? OK, something’s wrong. Starting off so slow against BCU??? Eye brows are really being raised. Struggling to the bitter end against a G5 opponent????? Now, something is way off.

What you are seeing are fans not waiting another 3-5 yrs to watch us sink deeper. It’s not that we’re losing; it’s how we’re losing: Can’t convert 3rd Downs, OL is trash, kicker can’t kick a fg to save his life, return game suspect, way too many penalties, same play calls that are not the fit for our personnel, etc.

This is not TNM, this is purgatory; so the fans are getting to it b4 it becomes too late b/c we already know how a corch looks. We know their demeanor on the side lines, the preparation or lack thereof during the games. We know the post game talk and the rhetoric that shows no sense of urgency v. confusion.

Manny is a politician; he talked his way up from internship at ESPN to here....but the fact is, he should’ve gotten some G5 experience first, taken his lumps, and then move up to P5, UNLESS he came from a successful coaching regime. His coaching experience came under G5 coaches, Mack Brown, and Richt, w the latter two both being their last legs at their respective gigs.

This is a message board where we are passionate, and sometimes when you keep falling for the belief that things will change only to be continually let down, that passion turns in to rage. But we are allowed to voice our frustrations. Some on here are alumni, some have friends or family members that are alumni, while others have been w this team throughout the glory years and lean years....regardless we are vested. We know what our brand should look like. It’s why Nike decided they wanted to have an exclusive deal w us, prior to any other team. This ain’t Miami football; none of it is Miami football and fans will continue to complain & lose patience until they prioritized what put this school on the map.

We could be worst, right? We could shoot each other for not being mad enough like Bama fans. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
OK; so let me explain what’s going on, OK?

What you’re seeing is an exhaustive reaction based upon incompetence from The Top. The only time this admin respond, is when the rumblings from our fan base is heard.

Richt gave us a golden opportunity; he walked away, not looking for a dime more. Instead of the AD taking time to hire a proven coach or ****, even an up & comer, he paid $7m to get Manny. $7 mutha fckin million for an unproven coach from a failed regime.

So that ****ed us off; but, like the loyal fans we are, we started to buy in, especially when he was tweeting this & that, telling recruits either join us or we’ll kick their ***. Then comes TNM! Fans bought in to the hype, even nay sayers like myself was starting to feel Manny. Then the season started. Losing a respectable close game to a top 10 rival; OK, it hurt, but we could justify it. Losing to a fresh UNC team after a bye week and look just as undisciplined? OK, something’s wrong. Starting off so slow against BCU??? Eye brows are really being raised. Struggling to the bitter end against a G5 opponent????? Now, something is way off.

What you are seeing are fans not waiting another 3-5 yrs to watch us sink deeper. It’s not that we’re losing; it’s how we’re losing: Can’t convert 3rd Downs, OL is trash, kicker can’t kick a fg to save his life, return game suspect, way too many penalties, same play calls that are not the fit for our personnel, etc.

This is not TNM, this is purgatory; so the fans are getting to it b4 it becomes too late b/c we already know how a corch looks. We know their demeanor on the side lines, the preparation or lack thereof during the games. We know the post game talk and the rhetoric that shows no sense of urgency v. confusion.

Manny is a politician; he talked his way up from internship at ESPN to here....but the fact is, he should’ve gotten some G5 experience first, taken his lumps, and then move up to P5, UNLESS he came from a successful coaching regime. His coaching experience came under G5 coaches, Mack Brown, and Richt, w the latter two both being their last legs at their respective gigs.

This is a message board where we are passionate, and sometimes when you keep falling for the belief that things will change only to be continually let down, that passion turns in to rage. But we are allowed to voice our frustrations. Some on here are alumni, some have friends or family members that are alumni, while others have been w this team throughout the glory years and lean years....regardless we are vested. We know what our brand should look like. It’s why Nike decided they wanted to have an exclusive deal w us, prior to any other team. This ain’t Miami football; none of it is Miami football and fans will continue to complain & lose patience until they prioritized what put this school on the map.

We could be worst, right? We could shoot each other for not being mad enough like Bama fans. 🤷🏾‍♂️
I agree with a lot of what you said. Manny was unqualified and shouldn’t have been hired so soon, but at this point we have no choice he isn’t going to be fired this year so we might as well not shut down the program cuz we only won by 5... And yes I do understand it’s a **** show right now but there’s nothing we can do right now but hope for improvement which is still very possible

Stop it. Seriously. Miami just came within one play of losing to a team that may very well be unable to win 4 games. IN THE MAC. Miami just **** near lost to a team that if you were to rank the entire FBS would be solidly in the bottom 20. This was an embarrassment, and people are right to be ****ed. Especially when you notice that Miami laid an egg against UNC just a couple of weeks ago. You'd think Manny would have seen to it that Miami played inspired football the rest of the season, especially after blowing that UNC game.

I'm a proud alum, I stood by this program even when it would have been easier to just leave it for dead. I refused to give up my season tickets, even though I live on the other side of the country. Every time the school asks for money, I'm there giving what I can, both for the institution itself and the athletic department. I'm wasting my money at this point in regards to the athletic department. Miami has an incompetent AD, point blank period. Miami could have hired a multitude of guys, and settled on Manny Diaz, a professional bull**** artist. I'm not going to stand by and let some incompetent politician crap on the school I love by not even trying to put a decent product on the field. I'm not asking for Clemson dominance, or a return to the teams we had during the "Decade of Dominance". I just want a competent product, I understand that the sport has changed and Miami cannot consistently compete with the elites due to those changes. That said, Miami should be 20-30 points better than CMU. Period.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s unreal how negative this board has got. Yes I know it’s CIS and people cry about everything, but seriously a thread about going 3-9. We looked bad today don’t get me wrong but let’s look at the experience of Diaz and the offense.

QB: 4th start
RB: Dallas first year starter
WR:Jeff Thomas, Osborn (first year in the program) Harley first year starter
TE: 2 sophmores with massive potential
OL: all underclassmen except Donaldson and gaynor who’s never played before

This offense can and will vastly improve over the course of this season and I’m so sick of you negative people and can’t wait for us too look much better and win the coastal despite all of you ******* complaining about every little thing
Real growth comes from doing what is hard, introspection, necessary incision, improving what’s good. Regression comes from being scared of these things. Sounds like you scared of growth.

Advertisement
Back