If you’re not a cane then leave the board

What?? 100% pure Cane!
giphy (2).gif

Advertisement
How many coaches at any level you know who will admit they are the root of the problem?
I suppose management is management. Translating that down to the managers I've dealt with, the worst has been first time managers. They're less likely to view status and progress objectively because they feel like they're doing all they can and don't realize the complexity.

Last edited:
WHINER CENTRAL is what it's become. Lose a game; *****. Win a game; *****. Inbetween games; *****. Player and coach bashing carry on. Make it a pay board and get rid of those who are ruining it. Bad look for the U and the recruits.
A bad look for us is people who accept this ****ery. You wanna sugarcoat **** and accept failure than that's an indictment on u... good luck in life.

Advertisement
WHINER CENTRAL is what it's become. Lose a game; *****. Win a game; *****. Inbetween games; *****. Player and coach bashing carry on. Make it a pay board and get rid of those who are ruining it. Bad look for the U and the recruits.
Good idea. Then this board can finally be rid of you.

You know what's a bad look for the U and the recruits?
Losing to basketball schools who lost to a G5 team. Being in dogfights with a G5 team and having a dance party afterwards.
Having coaches who have no idea what the fvck they're doing. No one is lining up to play for this G5 level staph.

I honestly think 99.9% of all coaches out there would bomb here. It is actually possible for Manny to succeed elsewhere. Our expectations do not meet reality.

And yet none of the former coaches did **** after they left. How strange....wonder why that is?

Miami didnt make them bomb—they just suck at coaching and never should have been hired.

And yet none of the former coaches did **** after they left. How strange....wonder why that is?

Miami didnt make them bomb—they just suck at coaching and never should have been hired.

Have not seen that from a fired head coach yet, but check out our fired OC working at Georgia...

Have not seen that from a fired head coach yet, but check out our fired OC working at Georgia...

We are talking head coaches. Coley being better under Smart furthers the point that Miami doesnt make guys bad, the HCs do it themselves.

Advertisement
It’s unreal how negative this board has got. Yes I know it’s CIS and people cry about everything, but seriously a thread about going 3-9. We looked bad today don’t get me wrong but let’s look at the experience of Diaz and the offense.

QB: 4th start
RB: Dallas first year starter
WR:Jeff Thomas, Osborn (first year in the program) Harley first year starter
TE: 2 sophmores with massive potential
OL: all underclassmen except Donaldson and gaynor who’s never played before

This offense can and will vastly improve over the course of this season and I’m so sick of you negative people and can’t wait for us too look much better and win the coastal despite all of you ******* complaining about every little thing
Left out the only fact or stat that matters to Canes : Choked for two loses against historic rivilthat even Golden beat and a divisional conference opponent to open season; looked horrible against supposedly inferior opponent in another -- oh won big against basic HS team.

OK; so let me explain what’s going on, OK?

What you’re seeing is an exhaustive reaction based upon incompetence from The Top. The only time this admin respond, is when the rumblings from our fan base is heard.

Richt gave us a golden opportunity; he walked away, not looking for a dime more. Instead of the AD taking time to hire a proven coach or ****, even an up & comer, he paid $7m to get Manny. $7 mutha fckin million for an unproven coach from a failed regime.

So that ****ed us off; but, like the loyal fans we are, we started to buy in, especially when he was tweeting this & that, telling recruits either join us or we’ll kick their ***. Then comes TNM! Fans bought in to the hype, even nay sayers like myself was starting to feel Manny. Then the season started. Losing a respectable close game to a top 10 rival; OK, it hurt, but we could justify it. Losing to a fresh UNC team after a bye week and look just as undisciplined? OK, something’s wrong. Starting off so slow against BCU??? Eye brows are really being raised. Struggling to the bitter end against a G5 opponent????? Now, something is way off.

What you are seeing are fans not waiting another 3-5 yrs to watch us sink deeper. It’s not that we’re losing; it’s how we’re losing: Can’t convert 3rd Downs, OL is trash, kicker can’t kick a fg to save his life, return game suspect, way too many penalties, same play calls that are not the fit for our personnel, etc.

This is not TNM, this is purgatory; so the fans are getting to it b4 it becomes too late b/c we already know how a corch looks. We know their demeanor on the side lines, the preparation or lack thereof during the games. We know the post game talk and the rhetoric that shows no sense of urgency v. confusion.

Manny is a politician; he talked his way up from internship at ESPN to here....but the fact is, he should’ve gotten some G5 experience first, taken his lumps, and then move up to P5, UNLESS he came from a successful coaching regime. His coaching experience came under G5 coaches, Mack Brown, and Richt, w the latter two both being their last legs at their respective gigs.

This is a message board where we are passionate, and sometimes when you keep falling for the belief that things will change only to be continually let down, that passion turns in to rage. But we are allowed to voice our frustrations. Some on here are alumni, some have friends or family members that are alumni, while others have been w this team throughout the glory years and lean years....regardless we are vested. We know what our brand should look like. It’s why Nike decided they wanted to have an exclusive deal w us, prior to any other team. This ain’t Miami football; none of it is Miami football and fans will continue to complain & lose patience until they prioritized what put this school on the map.

We could be worst, right? We could shoot each other for not being mad enough like Bama fans. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Amazing post

If i was still doing vids i would read this cause your right we know what a corch looks like. Never liked the hire at all from the jump.

So you want a board that sensors thought, everyone shares the same detached from reality rah rah opinion, where you blow smoke up each others asses and hold your male cheerleading pom poms up high? That does sound fun Baghdad Bob! Where do I sign up?

Advertisement
It’s unreal how negative this board has got. Yes I know it’s CIS and people cry about everything, but seriously a thread about going 3-9. We looked bad today don’t get me wrong but let’s look at the experience of Diaz and the offense.

QB: 4th start
RB: Dallas first year starter
WR:Jeff Thomas, Osborn (first year in the program) Harley first year starter
TE: 2 sophmores with massive potential
OL: all underclassmen except Donaldson and gaynor who’s never played before

This offense can and will vastly improve over the course of this season and I’m so sick of you negative people and can’t wait for us too look much better and win the coastal despite all of you ******* complaining about every little thing

A bad look for us is people who accept this ****ery. You wanna sugarcoat **** and accept failure than that's an indictment on u... good luck in life.
dsdd I respect and appreciate your post. I hear some of the same things you see first hand and I smh in disgust on some things you say because I know it’s true. But we have a paradox here, we take 2 steps forward and 1 step back - it takes a long time to build that way. Unfortunately, the U family doesn’t have the patience and we burn everything down and start all over before we can actually build something sustainable.

One of my good friends grew up with Randy Shannon, used to be on the sidelines for most of the games when he was HC. Let me tell you something, Randy wanted to bring Kevin Sumlin in as OC while he ran an aggressive Miami 4-3. The university slammed it. Now at that time we would have been way ahead of the curve, now not so much but our issues are nothing new.

There’s a lot of blame to go around on every level and it has left a lot of us scarred whether we are willing to admit it or not. But I think we will have Manny as HC for at least 4 years - regardless, irregardless or disirregardless or however TF y’all say it. 😆
So where do we go from here and now. I think this team needs time and I’m willing to wait until the end of the season before I start firing assistants. What do you think/suggest... solution wise?

dsdd I respect and appreciate your post. I hear some of the same things you see first hand and I smh in disgust on some things you say because I know it’s true. But we have a paradox here, we take 2 steps forward and 1 step back - it takes a long time to build that way. Unfortunately, the U family doesn’t have the patience and we burn everything down and start all over before we can actually build something sustainable.

One of my good friends grew up with Randy Shannon, used to be on the sidelines for most of the games when he was HC. Let me tell you something, Randy wanted to bring Kevin Sumlin in as OC while he ran an aggressive Miami 4-3. The university slammed it. Now at that time we would have been way ahead of the curve, now not so much but our issues are nothing new.

There’s a lot of blame to go around on every level and it has left a lot of us scarred whether we are willing to admit it or not. But I think we will have Manny as HC for at least 4 years - regardless, irregardless or disirregardless or however TF y’all say it. 😆
So where do we go from here and now. I think this team needs time and I’m willing to wait until the end of the season before I start firing assistants. What do you think/suggest... solution wise?
The situation with onion is very different from what we have now. #1 yes there was things onion wanted to do but we had zero commitment from the university towards progress. Only thing we concentrated on was academics under that former regime I refuse to acknowledge by name. Onions main problem however is he wanted everyone EVERYWHERE to kiss his feet. From players to staff to high school coaches,parents etc. If they didnt he held a grudge and burned those relationships. If it was a player you were basically done at the university. As a result deciphering options from that trash he could pick from was never his strength. He couldnt trust people around him with responsibilities for their units and kept his hands in everything. He was literally his and our worst enemy. Really sucks cause he couldve done great things here if he couldve got out his own way. These clowns we have now NEVER should've been hired in the first place. We were so eager to placate enos that we let him bring in this whole clown show staff of his that's been fired everywhere they've went. Reality is enos himself is a great hire. But he muscled us to get the rest here. Smells of alfraud to me with no d. The university however gave manny all options to surround himself with what he felt he needed to make him succeed... THIS IS THAT RESULT! He had some very good options at any spot on his staff. HE CHOSE blake baker & the rest for defense. He chose to give the bartender a HUGE promotion. He chose to give the ga patke more responsibility than hes ready for. I believe in the long run patke wont be an issue at all. But until his experience catches up with his responsibilities than hes a liability as well. Stroud everyone loves but clearly the unit has drastically regressed under him. Obviously our ends were gonna have it alot tougher this year because our tackles dont command any attention at all. Since our line struggles to get pressure it's made the fact were breaking in a new secondary painfully obvious. All of these things I told yall since offseason began. Honestly I didnt figure enos would be THIS BAD. But just like with richt when ur oline is this bad it really hinders what you can accomplish from a play calling perspective. Which falls back on evals & development. Everything I've seen even from the outside looking in tells me manny is gonna be here for 5 years atleast and I dont expect much. This is football purgatory. Far as I'm concerned yall should start a canes tears thread. I'm just over it personally. Dont care anymore. I've come to grips with what we've become and I'm not willing to accept that any longer. Me and the people I know we set the bar far higher than this. Its embarrassing & disrespectful. This is going on solely because we have no pride and no culture. A team is a reflection of the staff who coaches them up.

Advertisement
The situation with onion is very different from what we have now. #1 yes there was things onion wanted to do but we had zero commitment from the university towards progress. Only thing we concentrated on was academics under that former regime I refuse to acknowledge by name. Onions main problem however is he wanted everyone EVERYWHERE to kiss his feet. From players to staff to high school coaches,parents etc. If they didnt he held a grudge and burned those relationships. If it was a player you were basically done at the university. As a result deciphering options from that trash he could pick from was never his strength. He couldnt trust people around him with responsibilities for their units and kept his hands in everything. He was literally his and our worst enemy. Really sucks cause he couldve done great things here if he couldve got out his own way. These clowns we have now NEVER should've been hired in the first place. We were so eager to placate enos that we let him bring in this whole clown show staff of his that's been fired everywhere they've went. Reality is enos himself is a great hire. But he muscled us to get the rest here. Smells of alfraud to me with no d. The university however gave manny all options to surround himself with what he felt he needed to make him succeed... THIS IS THAT RESULT! He had some very good options at any spot on his staff. HE CHOSE blake baker & the rest for defense. He chose to give the bartender a HUGE promotion. He chose to give the ga patke more responsibility than hes ready for. I believe in the long run patke wont be an issue at all. But until his experience catches up with his responsibilities than hes a liability as well. Stroud everyone loves but clearly the unit has drastically regressed under him. Obviously our ends were gonna have it alot tougher this year because our tackles dont command any attention at all. Since our line struggles to get pressure it's made the fact were breaking in a new secondary painfully obvious. All of these things I told yall since offseason began. Honestly I didnt figure enos would be THIS BAD. But just like with richt when ur oline is this bad it really hinders what you can accomplish from a play calling perspective. Which falls back on evals & development. Everything I've seen even from the outside looking in tells me manny is gonna be here for 5 years atleast and I dont expect much. This is football purgatory. Far as I'm concerned yall should start a canes tears thread. I'm just over it personally. Dont care anymore. I've come to grips with what we've become and I'm not willing to accept that any longer. Me and the people I know we set the bar far higher than this. Its embarrassing & disrespectful. This is going on solely because we have no pride and no culture. A team is a reflection of the staff who coaches them up.
Damnit man 😭
1569375021941.gif

I appreciate your insight and everyone will eventually. I am glad to hear Manny has the support from UM and I know he put on guys he’s been grinding with behind the scenes for years on D. Even though they are pretty green as coaches, I think the players performance will make them look good especially with more experience so I’m not as concerned about the D.

I’m not sure what to think about the O because I feel that Enos is a very good QB coach, idk about OC yet. I’m really concerned about WR coaching because of what you have previously stated and how it will affect recruiting. I’m more optimistic than most so I’m really hoping we can adapt and win out but I think 8-9 wins is more realistic, we’ll see.

As far as the standard... it has been set by those warrior generals of the past that changed the game and IIWII. But there’s so much working against us now: the game, the players, the coaches, the money, the environment, etc etc... everything is so different.

Those guys that came from the various hoods to Miami don’t exist anymore. ****, half those hoods are gentrified and don’t exist either. The generation of real killers is over with. We had 100+ Sith Lords on the teams of the past but now we’re playing with 75 on the roster but only a handful of “savages” by today’s standards so Que será, será.

Btw, I see a lot of similarities with Manny and Randy but I hope it turns out differently this time. Thanks for your contributions.
Peace

It’s actually mind boggling to me that so many of you actually want Manny to fail. Like there is no way he can progress as a head coach. Like four games will define his entire head coaching career. There have been plenty of mistakes (obviously) and it’s fair to say that we all had high expectations after all the stuff happening in the off-season. But some of y’all really need to slow your roll. I can’t imagine what y’alls blood pressure must look like.

Do you think Manny has a clue of how to fix this team? After an offseason of espousing "the standard", to put this product on the field?
I want him to succeed badly, but he has to realize the problems start and end with him. What he tolerates is who we are.

Advertisement
Back