If we self-impose, DO IT NOW

I don't know why I just feel like the NCAA gives us a bowl ban no matter what. Even if we self impose I think they will give us one just cause they can, and if we don't I don't think they will give us two. My head says impose, my heart says **** 'em, beat FSU.

Advertisement
I don't know why I just feel like the NCAA gives us a bowl ban no matter what. Even if we self impose I think they will give us one just cause they can, and if we don't I don't think they will give us two. My head says impose, my heart says **** 'em, beat FSU.

They could very well do that. It is only a good faith gesture. We will never know.

I don't think we're flying completely blind here. If we take the bowl ban, it has to help.

Like someone else has said on here repeatedly. Why would anyone else ever cooperate with them if we get hammered? Especially if we self impose two bowl bans. It would be counter productive for the NCAA.

We've gotta impose unless we hear from the NCAA that we shouldn't. Our 2013 team is a 2-3 loss team who will likely go to the ACCCG and has a good chance of winning it. And Morris will be a senior.

Advertisement
I do not understand the hesitation.

Something about facing your bitter rival with an Orange Bowl birth on the line (and yeah, we'll be double digit underdogs, so?), or maybe that our conference really, really doesn't seem to want us to.

Come on, Lu, there are good arguments both ways; it's not an easy decision, either way.

I've tried, man. For real. I really don't think anything measures up even close to wiping the slate clean and giving recruits the feeling (warranted or otherwise) that they're coming into a fresh situation. Bitter rival and an Orange Bowl (especially considering what kind of team I acknowledge we are right now) are shortsighted with the type of program I expect in the next 2-3 years.

Advertisement
Do not self impose. **** NO.
We already did once. Makes no sense. Yes, Your honor, Im guilty. **** NO

If the administration is going to impose one no matter what happens in the Duke game they should do it now. Don't send the kids out there thinking they can win the division only to take it away from them afterwards. Thats the impact on the players.

As has been written in this thread, they can impose if the team loses to Duke if they think the chance of going to the ACC title game is worth risking the "scary wrath of the NCAA". No harm no foul.

It would impact the players regardless. The damage is not any greater IMO tomorrow or after Duke.

I don't follow your last sentence. Please explain.

You don't ***** with your players. Mike James comes off the field after beating Duke. He thinks he is playing FSU in the title game the following week. You don't take that away from him. You tell him now. It's right and its fair. If you don't understand how telling them after winning is more damaging than telling them beforehand, I'll stop this back and forth now.

This.

The seniors deserve to know that this is the final game they're playing in. They deserve to know that even if they win, the ACC 'Ship is not an option.

Btw, not an attack on anyone, but can we play stop using the term "LOI" to refer to the NOA (Notice of Allegations)? LOI's are Letters of Intent signed by recruits when committing to attend an institution on signing day.

Advertisement
After the game yesterday Golden said we'll live with what happens tomorrow. I guess we find out today that they will self impose.

20297_425672304152927_2041583797_n.jpg

Advertisement
I do not understand the hesitation.

Something about facing your bitter rival with an Orange Bowl birth on the line (and yeah, we'll be double digit underdogs, so?), or maybe that our conference really, really doesn't seem to want us to.

Come on, Lu, there are good arguments both ways; it's not an easy decision, either way.

I've tried, man. For real. I really don't think anything measures up even close to wiping the slate clean and giving recruits the feeling (warranted or otherwise) that they're coming into a fresh situation. Bitter rival and an Orange Bowl (especially considering what kind of team I acknowledge we are right now) are shortsighted with the type of program I expect in the next 2-3 years.

That is the thing here, you are making a tremendous assumption.

It doesn't guarantee we are "wiping the slate clean." It is a good faith gesture to the NCAA. The NCAA could hit us with a third ban, they could have been fine with the one we self imposed already. We don't know and we have little information as fans.

This decision is an incredibly complicated and almost idiotic without any information (i.e. the fan's opinion on what we should do). With no deadlines by the NCAA on declaring, I am, at the very least, waiting till after the Duke game to make a decision.

Miami has fully cooperated with the NCAA which means they're in contact with them regularly. If Miami self imposes then they're doing it because they know more than we do and the NCAA was either going to give the program two bowl bans or it will reduce the number of scholarships lost.

Self impose and reduce the punishment now...

Miami has fully cooperated with the NCAA which means they're in contact with them regularly. If Miami self imposes then they're doing it because they know more than we do and the NCAA was either going to give the program two bowl bans or it will reduce the number of scholarships lost.

Or they don't know anything.

Or they don't know anything.

I find that hard to believe. No way in **** Miami is flying blind in this situation.

CBS- "Emmert went out of his way to compliment Miami president Donna Shalala and her role in the ongoing investigation that the NCAA started in the spring. For a sitting NCAA CEO to comment on such a high-profile case as Miami’s is almost unprecedented. For him to drop in compliments in the middle of the case, well, it’s hard to remember if that has ever occurred.

“The reality is that Miami, the university, has been incredibly cooperative,” Emmert said. “[Miami] President Shalala is doing an incredible job of interacting with us. Donna is doing a great job. She is being very, very helpful.”"

Advertisement
Back