If we self-impose, DO IT NOW

Advertisement
Advertisement
If I'm on the BOT or whatever, I have to get some kind of assurance from the NCAA that if we self impose, it will reduce the scholly reductions or something. With the punishments being doled out to these other schools for worse infractions than us, and they aren't cooperating as well as us, I have to have something from them before I punish myself.

If we self impose tomorrow, it should result in less scholly's lost. Period.

That said, I wouldn't self-impose.

Just curious, why would we do that? That would take some momentum away from team going into Duke.

Self-imposing AFTER the players win the Coastal would be more of a betrayal than doing it before.

It sucks either way, but at least they'd know what they're playing for ahead of time.

Good point. However maybe the school is still waiting on LOI before deciding anything.

Advertisement
Who cares? This is a .500 team. Take the bowl ban for good measure and move on. You guys are acting like women.

7025312.jpg

Advertisement
It's a sad day and more indicative of the Cokerization of this fanbase when "Cane" fans are clammoring for a 5-6 loss Cane team to go to a meaningless conference championship game in a year when the conference is one of the worst in America.

What's worse, it's an even sadder day when these same fans, many of which probably are somewhat intelligent fans, are allowing the cloud of a mirage of "success" in a an already down year to fool them into the notion that winning that aforementioned ****** *** conference would somehow bring some sort of "healing" for the last 10 years of misery.

I grew up loving this program. I grew up watching this program dominate. Not just win..but dominate.

I could care less who's feelings we hurt. I could care less how "hard" the players have played...every team in America plays and trains hard. I could care less about a 5 loss possible ACC championship.

I care about consistently winning 10+ games every year (like we should) and being in the thick of the NT race every year. You get there by recruiting well. You recruit well by NOT having impending bowl bans hanging over your head. You remove the sting of bowl bans hanging over your head (at least partially) by self imposing. The program is bigger than any one group of seniors....so you always have to do what's best for the long term outlook of the program.

Not self imposing would be right up there with extending Randy Shannon's contract on things we will look back at years later and further point to the absolute stupidity of UM's administration. I can't even begin to explain how ***-backwards a decision it would be to NOT self impose unless they know for sure that they are already in the clear.

Anyone who disagrees needs to reevaluate their thought process and look at this thing from a bigger picture perspective. With a young team there is absolutely no doubt we will be at least somewhat better this year, and even somewhat better than that the year after that......

So would you rather take the bowl ban now or when we're better?

This entire thing is just the definition of a "no brainer".

Forget about the argument "whether we should take a bowl ban in general" for one second.

Why do it before the Duke game? Please explain that one.

Advertisement
You do it(I don't think they should do it at all) so you don't have Miami players wearing ACC coastal division champion t-shirts after the game only to be told that they can't play in the gane the following day.

Take the ban and get it out of the way.. Hopefully we win next week and the NCAA realizes we basically took 2 bowl bans this year Acccg and whatever bowl after and they take that into consideration.. Then just maybe we would be done with post season bans.. We have to get this over with ASAP it's killing the coaches, players, recruits and us fans.

You do it(I don't think they should do it at all) so you don't have Miami players wearing ACC coastal division champion t-shirts after the game only to be told that they can't play in the gane the following day.

[Assuming we are taking the bowl ban] I am not buying this, why have a team unmotivated against Duke?

It's not lying to the kids either, it is an "administrative decision" so it ain't on Al. Call a team meeting on Sunday, explain the situation and that is that.

We aren't good, but this is a golden opportunity. There are now 2 options:

1) Beat Duke go to the ACC Championship Game.
2) Lose to Duke, GT goes to the ACC Championship Game.

If option 2 happens, we can self impose after the game, so no reason worrying about that.

If Option 1 happens, we:

1) Win the Coastal for the first time.
2) Give Golden a huge recruiting tool.
3) Greatly improve our bowl chances.

On #3, if we win the Coastal, we can't fall past the Sun Bowl. But even more importantly, we are likely to end up in the Chik-fil-a or at worst the Champs Sports bowl. If we lose to FSU in the ACC Championship Game, we are 7-6. But who else are they going to take? Clemson and FSU will probably be BCS bound. So, then who? The only other bowl eligible teams are:

NC State, who is 6-5.
Duke, 6-6 (we are assuming we beat them).
GT, 6-6 after they lose to UGA.
Maybe VT if they beat UVA, 6-6

That's it. We will get a good bowl game, period, if we beat Duke.

So, don't self impose, beat Duke, go to Charlotte and a good bowl, at worst Champs Sports.
Or, lose to Duke, and you can self impose after. Nothing should be done this week.

from the god of destruction---Vishnu

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back