If the draft were this weekend

The draft is not for quite some time. Remember when Brad Kaaya was a sure fire first rounder at the beginning of his junior year?

Advertisement
Roche is more ready to come in and play right away. He uses his hands well and is technically sound as a pass rusher. His problem is he’s too small. I’d say a team would pick him as a 3-4 OLB but he’s never asked to cover anybody and/or make plays in space. He’s probably going to end up a situational pass rusher because 6’2” 240 lb guys don’t play every down as a 4-3 end. I would not be surprised if he has pretty good sack numbers in the NFL but he’s pretty much a one dimensional, situational guy.

Only place I've seen Jordan mocked in the first round is this site. I love the kid but not a 1st round selection at this point

GR is the only player that would be first round.
Look again

Attachments

• BC15C743-C2C6-4029-A29B-1869AC3623FF.jpeg
    BC15C743-C2C6-4029-A29B-1869AC3623FF.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 12
Roche is more ready to come in and play right away. He uses his hands well and is technically sound as a pass rusher. His problem is he’s too small. I’d say a team would pick him as a 3-4 OLB but he’s never asked to cover anybody and/or make plays in space. He’s probably going to end up a situational pass rusher because 6’2” 240 lb guys don’t play every down as a 4-3 end. I would not be surprised if he has pretty good sack numbers in the NFL but he’s pretty much a one dimensional, situational guy.
Miami has already gotten him some film as a flat/peel defender in the first 3 games. Might help but personally I don't think he's a top half of the draft guy unless he absolutely smokes Jackson Carman this weekend. He needs to answer the question of can he win in the run game against top tier players. He had a bad game in that sense against Louisville.

Advertisement
where do our guys go? My guess is as follows:

Rousseau: crazy length and motor, scheme flexibility = Early R1

Bolden: positional value drops him but has elite traits and is putting out great film = Late R1

Jordan: minor injury issues but competent blocker and moves like a receiver = Late R1

Roche: more to be desired physically, but advanced technique and skill = Early R2

Phillips: shows the raw traits and athleticism but questions revolving durability = Late R2

Harris: master of none but extremely well-rounded back = Mid R3

Blades Jr: good size and coverage skills, ball skills and physicality are inconsistent: Mid R4

Jarrid Williams: solidified right side of o-line, positional flexibility = Early R5

King: based on assumption of being a QB, lack of size and inconsistent deep ball: Late R5

Borregales: consistency, accuracy, power = Mid R7

McCloud: size, experience, good attitude = Late R7/Priority UDFA
And all could come back next year since this year is a no count season. Imagine if all come back to face Alabama. Not a bad idea for them to enhance their draft status.

Miami has already gotten him some film as a flat/peel defender in the first 3 games. Might help but personally I don't think he's a top half of the draft guy unless he absolutely smokes Jackson Carman this weekend. He needs to answer the question of can he win in the run game against top tier players. He had a bad game in that sense against Louisville.
If he can show to be even a mediocre defender in coverage, it could be the difference between him going in the 2nd round or going in the 4th round. He's got great value as a 3-4 OLB if he just doesn't embarrass himself in space. I'm sure some of the agility and change of direction drills at the combine will make a difference too.

Advertisement
LOL at Greg Rousseau being a Top 5 pick.

Lawrence, Fields, Parsons, Trey Lance, JaMarr Chase, Sewell all easily go before him. Some of you just can't admit he would have improved his stock if he stayed.

I personally don't think he goes Top 15, he's a mid to late 1st rounder that could fall to early 2nd.

Jaelen would cost himself a lot of money if he declared. He needs to prove he can stay healthy to send his stock through the roof. It’s also a deep end class.

Williams and McCloud are 6th-7th round guys.

Bolden is probably somewhere early-mid second.

Brev is probably the same.

D’Eriq is approaching late 3rd/4th territory.

Cam runs hard and goes 1000 mph every play but he’s got limited upside so he’s probably around R5.

I would come back if I was Quincy. He’s only 22 and he’s heading into a deep class. He could possibly be a top 20 pick next year. He’s looking right now at late 2nd/3rd.

Al should come back. He could play himself into the last 1st as well. He’s probably around the 3rd.

Jose is getting drafted. He’s probably going to be the best kicker available.

I'm with you on most.....especially Bolden and Brevin. Safeties and tight ends are usually not as valued in R1, so i'm seeing Bolden/Brevin at solid R2 players. Winfield, Delpit and McKinney were all R2 safeties last year. TEs usually don't go high and this year there's 3 in Freiermuth, Jordan and Pitts. I see teams waiting for whoever drops unless their internal value rating is too high to pass up for what's left on the board.

Jaelen does need to prove health, so i agree if he came back and put together good back-to-back seasons, his value would jump significantly. I struggle to slot him now bc he's only played 3 games in 2 years, 13 total games in 4 years.

I have differing opinions on King and Cam though.
- To me, Cam goes higher than King.....i would say R3 right now, worst case early R4. He's comparable to R3 backs the last few years and has more speed/upside than Deejay, who went in the 4th.
- King i see as a Day 3 guy. He's older but he's still a project for the NFL game. I've seen him listed as short as 5'8.5 and has never taken a snap under center. Murray is the comp people want to use but he doesn't have that arm or accuracy of Murray....and Murray is very good at avoiding contact when he runs. For a team to take a chance on him as a backup or gadget type slot/specialty QB, it would be Day 3 imo.

Stopped after I read your prediction for Greg. He’s going to be the first end off the board. He’s a top 5 pick and everybody and their mom knows its

Let me guess GR would have gotten Miami the W. Now can we stop trying to convince ourselves that we have lots of top end NFL talent.

Let me guess GR would have gotten Miami the W. Now can we stop trying to convince ourselves that we have lots of top end NFL talent.
Helllll no, why the **** would you bump this **** with this weak *** post?

Advertisement
Bruhhhhh hahahahha no one and I mean no one should leave early except for maybe Bubba, maybe roche sneaks into the back of round 2. No one is going in the top three rounds.

but we’ll see everyone declare early obviously, like blades and he’ll go round 6

Advertisement
Back