If the draft were this weekend

TC@ne

3rd party advocate. Anti-mope & anti-slurper.
where do our guys go? My guess is as follows:

Rousseau: crazy length and motor, scheme flexibility = Early R1

Bolden: positional value drops him but has elite traits and is putting out great film = Late R1

Jordan: minor injury issues but competent blocker and moves like a receiver = Late R1

Roche: more to be desired physically, but advanced technique and skill = Early R2

Phillips: shows the raw traits and athleticism but questions revolving durability = Late R2

Harris: master of none but extremely well-rounded back = Mid R3

Blades Jr: good size and coverage skills, ball skills and physicality are inconsistent: Mid R4

Jarrid Williams: solidified right side of o-line, positional flexibility = Early R5

King: based on assumption of being a QB, lack of size and inconsistent deep ball: Late R5

Borregales: consistency, accuracy, power = Mid R7

McCloud: size, experience, good attitude = Late R7/Priority UDFA

Advertisement
Jaelen would cost himself a lot of money if he declared. He needs to prove he can stay healthy to send his stock through the roof. It’s also a deep end class.

Williams and McCloud are 6th-7th round guys.

Bolden is probably somewhere early-mid second.

Brev is probably the same.

D’Eriq is approaching late 3rd/4th territory.

Cam runs hard and goes 1000 mph every play but he’s got limited upside so he’s probably around R5.

I would come back if I was Quincy. He’s only 22 and he’s heading into a deep class. He could possibly be a top 20 pick next year. He’s looking right now at late 2nd/3rd.

Al should come back. He could play himself into the last 1st as well. He’s probably around the 3rd.

Jose is getting drafted. He’s probably going to be the best kicker available.

Rousseau: crazy length and motor, scheme flexibility = Early R2

Bolden: positional value drops him but has elite traits and is putting out great film = Round 3-4 (lots of question marks as of today)

Jordan: minor injury issues but competent blocker and moves like a receiver = Late R2-R3 (smaller)

Roche: more to be desired physically, but advanced technique and skill = Round 3-4 (tiny for an NFL DE)

Phillips: shows the raw traits and athleticism but questions revolving durability = Round 3-4 (similar to Bolden, tons of talent, lots of question marks)

Harris: master of none but extremely well-rounded back = Late round (running backs aren't as important in the NFL)

Blades Jr: good size and coverage skills, ball skills and physicality are inconsistent: UDFA

Jarrid Williams: solidified right side of o-line, positional flexibility = UDFA

King: based on assumption of being a QB, lack of size and inconsistent deep ball: 7th as QBs are that important and he has potential

Borregales: consistency, accuracy, power = UDFA

McCloud: size, experience, good attitude = UDFA

Advertisement
Rousseau: crazy length and motor, scheme flexibility = Early R2

Bolden: positional value drops him but has elite traits and is putting out great film = Round 3-4 (lots of question marks as of today)

Jordan: minor injury issues but competent blocker and moves like a receiver = Late R2-R3 (smaller)

Roche: more to be desired physically, but advanced technique and skill = Round 3-4 (tiny for an NFL DE)

Phillips: shows the raw traits and athleticism but questions revolving durability = Round 3-4 (similar to Bolden, tons of talent, lots of question marks)

Harris: master of none but extremely well-rounded back = Late round (running backs aren't as important in the NFL)

Blades Jr: good size and coverage skills, ball skills and physicality are inconsistent: UDFA

Jarrid Williams: solidified right side of o-line, positional flexibility = UDFA

King: based on assumption of being a QB, lack of size and inconsistent deep ball: 7th as QBs are that important and he has potential

Borregales: consistency, accuracy, power = UDFA

McCloud: size, experience, good attitude = UDFA
Stopped after I read your prediction for Greg. He’s going to be the first end off the board. He’s a top 5 pick and everybody and their mom knows its

Only place I've seen Jordan mocked in the first round is this site. I love the kid but not a 1st round selection at this point

GR is the only player that would be first round.
It’s rare a TE goes first round in general. He’s a solid 2nd rounder and probably can’t build on it because of his size.

Unless he comes back and puts out some film where he doesn’t look lost, McCloud isn’t getting drafted.

The only 1st rounders we have or had was GR15. Phillips can be that guy if he comes back.

Only place I've seen Jordan mocked in the first round is this site. I love the kid but not a 1st round selection at this point

GR is the only player that would be first round.
Yep, I'd argue he's a little too small to be a first round TE.

Not to say he won't be a fantastic NFL player, but you're projecting in the Draft. You want those 6'5"+ TEs that are a size mismatch.

Advertisement

Bolden: positional value drops him but has elite traits and is putting out great film = Late R1

Jordan: minor injury issues but competent blocker and moves like a receiver = Late R1

Roche: more to be desired physically, but advanced technique and skill = Early R2

Phillips: shows the raw traits and athleticism but questions revolving durability = Late R2

Blades Jr: good size and coverage skills, ball skills and physicality are inconsistent: Mid R4

Jarrid Williams: solidified right side of o-line, positional flexibility = Early R5

King: based on assumption of being a QB, lack of size and inconsistent deep ball: Late R5

I'm sorry, but there is no chance this team has 3 first round picks out of a possible 32 NFL first round picks. There are 64 teams in the Power 5 and a lot of them have at least one Rousseau-like player. The top teams like Bama, Clemson, Georgia, etc., have multiple.

I also think Hedley will declare but go 7th/undrafted. His goal was to show enough to get an NFL tryout. He is going to be 26 years and staying another year isn't going to change his status.

I also think Hedley will declare but go 7th/undrafted. His goal was to show enough to get an NFL tryout. He is going to be 26 years and staying another year isn't going to change his status.
Then he should let the staff know lol. We need to find another punter then lol.

I think they should all come back and add in the amazing recruiting class and challenge for a National Title. That is what I want.

Advertisement
We overrate our guys every year.

Rousseau- 1st round. I don’t think he’ll go as high as he would’ve had he played the season. That’s not sour grapes, I just see guys with elite traits who produce this year jumping him.

Jordan- 2nd round. Elite player with good production. Not elite size is his only knock.

Bolden- 2-3 round. Good traits. Looking very productive. Could move higher if he produces at a high level all year.

Roche- 2-3 round. Not ideal size. Not a physical freak. Fairly 1 dimensional

Philips- 1-3 round. Hardest to project cuz of small sample size, but he’s an elite athlete with elite size and the production seems to matching that.

Harris- 3-4 round. Good athlete. Explosive. Production is improving. Well rounded. Position keeps him from being higher

Blades- 4-5 round. Good cover guy. Not elite size or athleticism. Needs to become more well rounded

Borregales- 6-7 round. If he nails another 52+ yarder and stays consistent on the shorter ones, he will get drafted and play in the league for awhile.

Jarred Williams- 6-UDFA. The difference between 6th round and UDFA isn’t that great.

McCloud- UDFA.

I might even be overrating some of our guys, but this is the best draft class we’ve had for awhile.

We shall see after Saturday, what round they will be at.. I wish all an R1 after Saturday's performance.

Advertisement
Blades needs to come back. He can be a first rounder with more polish. Right now he’s a 3rd at best. People won’t like that but there’s plenty of corners that would be higher. Surtain Campbell being two. Jobe getting the bama bump. There’s more I’m forgetting.

I'm sorry, but there is no chance this team has 3 first round picks out of a possible 32 NFL first round picks. There are 64 teams in the Power 5 and a lot of them have at least one Rousseau-like player. The top teams like Bama, Clemson, Georgia, etc., have multiple.
Agree to disagree - I don't think many teams have a Rousseau type player. He's a special, special talent.

As for the rest - depends on development. There's talent here, for sure, but they're not first round talent at the moment.

Agree to disagree - I don't think many teams have a Rousseau type player. He's a special, special talent.

As for the rest - depends on development. There's talent here, for sure, but they're not first round talent at the moment.

Most players that go in the first round are special talents. I think Rousseau is great and has a lot of potential, but his sample size is less than one full season. I'm not ready to put him against guys that have proven the same over multiple seasons.

Most players that go in the first round are special talents. I think Rousseau is great and has a lot of potential, but his sample size is less than one full season. I'm not ready to put him against guys that have proven the same over multiple seasons.
In terms of track record, no. In terms of projection, yes I absolutely am.

Advertisement
Back