If the draft were this weekend

Advertisement
The problem with Jordan is his height. NFL teams want guys who are 6’5” and can come down with all the 50/50 balls. Guys don’t get schemed as open in the league as they do in college. I’ve never seen them throw one up for Brevin in coverage with the assumption that he’ll out muscle the DB for the ball. You kind of have to do that as an NFL tight end. That’s why he won’t be a first round pick. If the right team gets him in the second or third round, they could end up with a steal though. He’s not a guy you’re going to send up the seam and toss it up for him but he does run crisp routes and he gets open. He has top of the line run after catch ability and is more dangerous in the open field than most tight ends. He’s also a good blocker. The coaches trust him to go handle a DE with no help (at least for a short time) and he gets good impact run blocking. He’s versatile. He can play in line, in the backfield or the slot. He can definitely become that security blanket receiver who kills teams running underneath routes.

Most players that go in the first round are special talents. I think Rousseau is great and has a lot of potential, but his sample size is less than one full season. I'm not ready to put him against guys that have proven the same over multiple seasons.

Most players that go in the first round are special talents. I think Rousseau is great and has a lot of potential, but his sample size is less than one full season. I'm not ready to put him against guys that have proven the same over multiple seasons.
Most pass rushers are drafted off of potential. There are not many freak 6'7 pass rushers will freakishly long arms. He is a special talent and he's versatile.

Made some changes to the OP post since its just easier to edit his. Probably will disagree with what I think but who cares.

Rousseau: crazy length and motor but does he have enough film to be DE1? I don't know - Top 15

Bolden: Good size and solid speed, Injury history will be a concern for him. 2nd

Jordan: Any other year he would be a lock for the 1st and I don't think their will 3 TE taken in the 1st this year. 2nd

Roche: Too small to be a top 60 player. Reminds me of the UF OLB who was drafted in the 3rd or 4th but then was cut in training camp. Late 3rd

Phillips: Ultimate wildcard, can honestly play himself into a 1st rounder like Greg did last year, but will have the same questions. Really should come back next year. Early 3rd

Harris: Does he continue the RB tradition of being drafted by the Seahawks? 4th

Blades - Hes the best CB we have had in a couple years but lack of speed and consistency hurts him. 5th

Jarrid Williams- Solid size. Pretty sure hes had 6 Oline coaches in college, with how old he is can he continue to get better or is this it? 6th - 7th

King: Really needs to read 5'10 when he measured at the combine to get drafted. if not hes moving positions. undrafted

Borregales: Top 3 kicker in the country. Should get drafted. who knows where. Late Rounder

McCloud: = Undrafted

That's not what I'm saying at all. Rousseau only has ONE year of film. And that's by his choice. If I was an NFL GM, I would legitimately ask if that kid even LIKES football... or if it's just a meal ticket. You gotta be hungry to succeed in the NFL.

People on message boards say the same things about guys who sit out the bowl games, they question their heart and teamwork, and claim it will hurt their draft stock, and yet the NFL doesn't give a crap.

Advertisement
lol........... Anyone who has eligibility left needs to come back.

GR isn't a lock for the first Rd like everyone seems to think. If he test real well then yea lock. That's if

I only really disagree with Roche. Don't see why he is a day 2 pick right now through 3 games. He looks more like a 4-6 round type guy

I see a lot of you guys put Roche in the second round. Does anyone have a reason why? He would not have transferred here if he had that kind of stock before this season and i dont see him looking much different than expected.
Personally from me based on seeing mock drafts, listening to draft “experts”, and hearing about his evaluations.

To your point, there’s a reason these people aren’t NFL executives.

I'm sorry, but there is no chance this team has 3 first round picks out of a possible 32 NFL first round picks. There are 64 teams in the Power 5 and a lot of them have at least one Rousseau-like player. The top teams like Bama, Clemson, Georgia, etc., have multiple.
Agree. Think we have 1 and then Roche, Jordan, Phillips are R2 with Bolden being r3-4 and should stay.

People on message boards say the same things about guys who sit out the bowl games, they question their heart and teamwork, and claim it will hurt their draft stock, and yet the NFL doesn't give a crap.

Guess we'll find out. It is what it is.

Advertisement
where do our guys go? My guess is as follows:

Rousseau: crazy length and motor, scheme flexibility = Early R1

Bolden: positional value drops him but has elite traits and is putting out great film = Late R1

Jordan: minor injury issues but competent blocker and moves like a receiver = Late R1

Roche: more to be desired physically, but advanced technique and skill = Early R2

Phillips: shows the raw traits and athleticism but questions revolving durability = Late R2

Harris: master of none but extremely well-rounded back = Mid R3

Blades Jr: good size and coverage skills, ball skills and physicality are inconsistent: Mid R4

Jarrid Williams: solidified right side of o-line, positional flexibility = Early R5

King: based on assumption of being a QB, lack of size and inconsistent deep ball: Late R5

Borregales: consistency, accuracy, power = Mid R7

McCloud: size, experience, good attitude = Late R7/Priority UDFA

My thoughts:
where do our guys go? My guess is as follows:

Rousseau: crazy length and motor, scheme flexibility = R1

Bolden: positional value drops him but has elite traits and is putting out great film = Late R2- R3

Jordan: minor injury issues but competent blocker and moves like a receiver = R3

Roche: more to be desired physically, but advanced technique and skill = R4-5

Phillips: shows the raw traits and athleticism but questions revolving durability = R3-4

Harris: master of none but extremely well-rounded back = R4-5

Blades Jr: good size and coverage skills, ball skills and physicality are inconsistent: R5

Jarrid Williams: solidified right side of o-line, positional flexibility = R6-UDFA

King: based on assumption of being a QB, lack of size and inconsistent deep ball: R6-UDFA

Borregales: consistency, accuracy, power = R6-7

McCloud: size, experience, good attitude = Practice Squad if he's lucky

Only place I've seen Jordan mocked in the first round is this site. I love the kid but not a 1st round selection at this point

GR is the only player that would be first round.
He was getting a lot of 1st round mocks at one point. But Walter football has him going early 2nd to washington. Only have 1 te in the 1st round and that’s pitts late 1

Yeah I struggle with placing GR15, he’s a freak of nature by size. But he does only have one year of film, and some of it isn’t amazing film. I was super surprised when he opted out. First thing I thought was “he’s afraid of losing ground”. Hopefully I’m wrong, but IMO top 5 picks should have a LOT of good film.
And Jose might get drafted earlier than most of the other guys not named brevin or bubba. He’s a stud with a crazy strong leg and all kinds of clutch kicks on film.
King will get drafted, late but drafted. He’s a crazy athlete.
Hopefully they all get drafted unrealistically high and cash those checks!

I think Rousseau is a first rounder but he's not going at the top of the draft. If you pick a DE in the top 10, he's got to be ready to come in and start right away and Rousseau is way too raw. The technical aspect of his game is just not there. He's got long arms and a quick first step but doesn't know how to use his hands. He's got one year of film and half his sacks came with him lined up at 0 technique. He's not just going to blow past NFL centers like he did in college. He'd likely never even line up there in the NFL. Him opting out this year is a catch 22. On one hand, you're not getting a chance to show that you've improved the technical aspect of your game. On the other hand, you don't risk a sophomore slump type season and finish with 5 sacks and people pin you as a one year wonder. He's certainly physically capable of being a pro bowl type player but college is where you should be learning to play. The NFL isn't a developmental league.

Brian Burns was taken in the top half of the first round. He’s a homeless man’s GR15.

Advertisement
lol........... Anyone who has eligibility left needs to come back.

GR isn't a lock for the first Rd like everyone seems to think. If he test real well then yea lock. That's if

Lmao ok. One of the NFL scouting guys said he’s the number one rated prospect in the draft. Not the number 1 pick that’s Lawrence, but he’s graded higher than Lawrence.

Jaelen would cost himself a lot of money if he declared. He needs to prove he can stay healthy to send his stock through the roof. It’s also a deep end class.

Williams and McCloud are 6th-7th round guys.

Bolden is probably somewhere early-mid second.

Brev is probably the same.

D’Eriq is approaching late 3rd/4th territory.

Cam runs hard and goes 1000 mph every play but he’s got limited upside so he’s probably around R5.

I would come back if I was Quincy. He’s only 22 and he’s heading into a deep class. He could possibly be a top 20 pick next year. He’s looking right now at late 2nd/3rd.

Al should come back. He could play himself into the last 1st as well. He’s probably around the 3rd.

Jose is getting drafted. He’s probably going to be the best kicker available.

I agree with almost all of this....but McCloud has no shot at being drafted.

I agree with almost all of this....but McCloud has no shot at being drafted.
Nah, somebody is gonna see that effort, athleticism, and frame and say I can mold that. A guy like that popping into my head is when Kanu Grugier-Hill who was taken in the 6th.

Advertisement
And it was generally panned as a reach

Just make sure you’re watching the first hour of the draft so you don’t miss him. Rousseau will go in the top 10 and the panel will simultaneously nut when discussing his tape.

You can tell who played Football and who didn't. Rousseau will be in the 1st Rd, and the fact you believe its awhole bunch of "Freaks" in the draft... Tells me again you know nothing about Football. Very few freak athletes, and we have 1 who actually produced. Not by luck dude flat out dominated.

Jordan is the only other guy who could sneak in the 1st. Although undersized he's a match up nightmare, and he could actually block. If he balls against Clemson book it. Pitts is a Recieving TE who probably can't block to save his life, so he's not an every down TE. JORDAN will be though, but he's undersized.

I only really disagree with Roche. Don't see why he is a day 2 pick right now through 3 games. He looks more like a 4-6 round type guy

I see a lot of you guys put Roche in the second round. Does anyone have a reason why? He would not have transferred here if he had that kind of stock before this season and i dont see him looking much different than expected.
Cane logic bruh

Transfers are always first or second rounders especially guys like Dee Delaney

Advertisement
Back