If ND to ACC...

Advertisement
But they are in the CFP because we let them use us. They probably wouldn’t be in if we didn’t bend over for them. Sorry, but I don’t want to do anything to help ND, but that’s just me.

The ACC made itself so much more money by them getting in. Not too mention splitting the NBC profits this year. Both sides got exactly what they wanted out of this. Times are tough. Short term cash grabs are more important than keeping all the other members happy.

If there is no playoff expansion, and ND decides to remain independent, I don’t see them making the playoffs again for a very long time. At that point, they will have a decision to make. So, while I don’t see ND immediately joining, depending on what happens with expansion, I can see them joining later, if they find themselves unable to get back after this year.

Advertisement
Perhaps money is the end all and if so then no they won’t join a conference under any circumstance. Either way, ****em. They fixin to get blown out again anyway.

Advertisement
You add another football school or none at all. NCAA ruled against the ACC plan to go divisionless so I think that is dead unfortunately. Division less allows you to create the best schedules like this year.

Only real option I would see would be WV. I think a while ago PSU might have been an option as they are not as historically aligned to the Big 10 as people think.

*if* ND decided to join, which would be all about $, the 16th team is going to be all about $. So think big markets in big states the ACC is not currently in; Ohio (Cincy), PA (Temple) or TX (Houston).
im in on cincinnati, then i get to see the canes every other year.

But they are in the CFP because we let them use us. They probably wouldn’t be in if we didn’t bend over for them. Sorry, but I don’t want to do anything to help ND, but that’s just me.
They still would have been in. Who better would they have played with their own schedule? They played Clemson & Unc in the regular season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
ND has a lucrative television contract with NBC. They're not joining any conference.
That's actually a giant and quite surprising myth. Notre Dame actually made $5 mil LESS last year than if they had been an ACC member football school. Either a complete moron negotiated their deal with NBC and/or their "independnce" is just an ego/pride thing.

If ND does become a full member in football sometime soon, what are your thoughts for alignment?
Do you think the ACC would go get a 16th team or stay at 15 and do like this year with no divisions?
If 16th team, who and what type of divisions? 2 divisions or four 4 team pods?

Moot point. Notre Dame isn't going anywhere. They love their Independent status and NBC money. The only way they'd think about being part of the ACC is if they crafted some elitist-style contract that gave them the best of all worlds.

Realistically, they probably should find a way as they're better suited to try and mow through a weak sea of ACC foes than they are to remain independent and play the likes of Michigan, Southern Cal and other big-named programs—while adding in some mid-tier ACC teams, as well as the occasional SEC squad (Georgia a few times, FSU when Noles were good, etc.)

Save this post if you’d like, but I don’t think ND has any plans on giving up their independence in football. They used the ACC like a cheap hooker after a long prison stretch, and won’t even say goodbye on the way out the door.
That is true - they did use the ACC, but I also choose to look at it that they used the ACC to get their a$$ spanked by Clemson on National TV and now again, by Alabama in the playoff game.

Advertisement
Back