If ND to ACC...

Legendary1

Recruit
Banned
If ND does become a full member in football sometime soon, what are your thoughts for alignment?
Do you think the ACC would go get a 16th team or stay at 15 and do like this year with no divisions?
If 16th team, who and what type of divisions? 2 divisions or four 4 team pods?

Last edited:
Advertisement
If ND does become a full member in football sometime soon, what are your thoughts for alignment?
Do you think the ACC would go get a 16th team or stay at 15 and do like this year with no divisions?
They will go imbalanced for a short time, but yes, they will definitely get a 16th. Might even repeat this season's round robin-lite model until they do and suspend divisions.

Don't be surprised if they also rebrand Atlantic Coast Conference into a new name...

IF they get ND (harder than people think), easiest next pick would be BYU as sorta-kinda West Coast market addition.

I suppose UCF would be on radar too.

Going off on a tangent, at some point Vandy and Wake may be forced to realign elsewhere than SEC/ACC.

Advertisement
I wonder if ND would be more apt to become a full member if Navy were the other team? This would make that game a conference game for them and they would still have 3-4 non-conference slots to fill (USC, Stanford, etc).
Not that I care to get Navy but it would be worth it if that is needed to get ND.

You have to have divisions.
With division play, you play everyone in your division. You have your say on the field as to who goes to the ACCCG.
Even if the UNC/Miami, Clemson/ND 1 results were flipped, ND was still going.
No bueno.

2 divisions, 7 division games, 2 crossover games, 3 ooc.

Advertisement
If notre dame were to join, the ACC would have to attract another big fish to become 16 team league. Pen state, texas.

I wish conference could make trades. Nc State/Wake for Auburn and Vanderbilt

Save this post if you’d like, but I don’t think ND has any plans on giving up their independence in football. They used the ACC like a cheap hooker after a long prison stretch, and won’t even say goodbye on the way out the door.
They will only join (somewhere) once all the D1P5 leaders day "enough!".

Advertisement
Pipe dream....ND phucked the ACC and got its CFP invite....that’s all it wanted...

ACC gets money from ND going to the CFP though...If only Clemson made it then ND would be pimping the ACC. But because ND made it, ACC benefits off the back of them.
If they were independent...based on this year's result, we can assume that ND goes undefeated. ND was already scheduled to play Clemson on Nov 7th either way. Which means they would've finished the season around 8-0 (assuming they still played all the ACC teams on their schedule + Navy and a random team that needed a game.) Which means no loss to Clemson in the ACCCG.

Save this post if you’d like, but I don’t think ND has any plans on giving up their independence in football. They used the ACC like a cheap hooker after a long prison stretch, and won’t even say goodbye on the way out the door.
and they get to be 3 score underdogs vs Alabama fresh off a clubbing by Clemson for it. Boy did they get us!

Advertisement
The ACC needs ND more than ND needs the ACC, they're not joining full-time. This year was the exception, and Swafford bent over and spread the conferences butt cheeks for them.
We’d have been in Charlotte if not for those idiots. We’d have got smacked but still. Playing in that game is huge for our upward trajectory and recruiting

Advertisement
Back