If Mario decides to keep... [the turnover chain... that's what this thread is about guys]

Advertisement
It is tough watching them pulling out chains when we were getting beat up. Though, I have always been shocked how much the media jumped on it where every other team’s prop only gets a quick view or larger gets ignored.

Maybe if the players and former coaches simply understood that every TO is not equal. Maybe understand the moment.

I cannot imagine MC or any of this staff allowing players to celebrate a TO all too much if we are down big or not playing well.

If you noticed, nobody on our roster wears the number 1 (probably played a role in Nesta transferring).

Is that a permanent rule on Mario teams?

If he allows the 1 to come back in the future, the chain might not be entirely dead.

If you noticed, nobody on our roster wears the number 1 (probably played a role in Nesta transferring).

Is that a permanent rule on Mario teams?

If he allows the 1 to come back in the future, the chain might not be entirely dead.
1649443772171.gif

Advertisement
i agree if the chain is kept, it should only be used on a turnover that seals the game. so basically we would only break it out in the 4th quarter

edit: or if its a situation like Bandy pick 6 vs ND. when we have all the momentum and pulling away
So basically awarding the chain is at your discretion.

Advertisement
Here’s the thing. Almost every program has some kind of turnover prop. They even give them to players when they’re losing. It’s just that the TV networks don’t make a deal about it. When you’re the original, you get all the shine when it’s good and all the hate when it’s bad. I think that Miami should keep the chain but maybe just hold off on using it until the program gets things turned in the right direction. Make the kids earn it. They love it. Maybe, like others said, save it for big moments in big games. Nobody cares if you recover a fumble in a 40-0 game. But when someone makes a game changing play in a tight battle, the crowd goes ape-**** for the chain.

I have mentioned this in various threads (and this is truly one of those things that clearly does not have a right or wrong answer because it is a dang prop)...
..however I would just leave the turnover chain and td ring antics to Sebastian and the Cheerleaders during the game.

After the game if you want to give a chain to the best defensive player and rings to the best offensive player then that would make more sense. Just like they hand out game balls.
But as most people on here agree, it makes more sense when you win. Especially if you want a culture change.

Advertisement
Someone tell Alabama that their championship belt is a distraction and they need to get rid of it.

Although this is probably item 1,342 on the senior staff decision making tree, I can imagine them sitting around tossing back a couple of beers and saying “What the **** do we do with the turnover chain?”
And I’m certain they have already answered that question to their own satisfaction.

Since it continues to be used in marketing and recruiting and it has been such a major fascination with the national media, I’d bet that it will continue to be part of the U brand.

Personally, I hope it is along the lines of an in-game HC decision for game-changing performances—once we reestablish a dominance that breeds its own swagger.

Advertisement
The thing about the chain that a lot of y’all don’t want to accept is it is now apart of the U branding. It sells. Why wouldn’t we continue to use it. The thing that makes the chain bad is poor performance on the field. Now maybe we put it away for a year and then break it back out or something. Or maybe Mario is just very selective on how it is used. But the problem isn’t with the Chain. If we are kicking teams *** and using the chain you ****ers won’t be thinking it’s lame.

Now those lame rings on the other hand… that’s just too forced and actually lame. Big difference between the rings and chain.
The thing about the chain that a lot of y’all don’t want to accept is it is now apart of the U branding. It sells. Why wouldn’t we continue to use it. The thing that makes the chain bad is poor performance on the field. Now maybe we put it away for a year and then break it back out or something. Or maybe Mario is just very selective on how it is used. But the problem isn’t with the Chain. If we are kicking teams *** and using the chain you ****ers won’t be thinking it’s lame.

Now those lame rings on the other hand… that’s just too forced and actually lame. Big difference between the rings and chain.
73E098F0-DD6C-4FEA-8A55-BC1D32A0BE29.jpeg

Here’s the thing. Almost every program has some kind of turnover prop. They even give them to players when they’re losing. It’s just that the TV networks don’t make a deal about it. When you’re the original, you get all the shine when it’s good and all the hate when it’s bad. I think that Miami should keep the chain but maybe just hold off on using it until the program gets things turned in the right direction. Make the kids earn it. They love it. Maybe, like others said, save it for big moments in big games. Nobody cares if you recover a fumble in a 40-0 game. But when someone makes a game changing play in a tight battle, the crowd goes ape-**** for the chain.

Naw man you can’t have that. Just make a play and go back to the huddle. The Miami Hurricanes have never been about energy or celebration.

We hate the phenomenon we created because we hired a loser coach. We are so thin skinned we can’t stand a little criticism.

The Turnover Chain was a team celebration. Anyone thinking it has anything to do with the losing culture is just off. We hired an in over his head coach who didn’t work the team hard enough, lead them well enough, or hold them accountable, among many other mistakes. That alone is why we lost.

The chain is iconic it should come back. We should not be one of the few teams in the nation that don’t allow players to wear number 1. That **** is silly as Shannon taking the names off the jerseys.

Mario is the kind of guy that throws flags in practice just to see how the team reacts. It’s not impossible he would break out the chain if he thought he would get the right reaction.

The only thing that makes me think he won’t do it is because Manny sucked.

Naw man you can’t have that. Just make a play and go back to the huddle. The Miami Hurricanes have never been about energy or celebration.

We hate the phenomenon we created because we hired a loser coach. We are so thin skinned we can’t stand a little criticism.

The Turnover Chain was a team celebration. Anyone thinking it has anything to do with the losing culture is just off. We hired an in over his head coach who didn’t work the team hard enough, lead them well enough, or hold them accountable, among many other mistakes. That alone is why we lost.

The chain is iconic it should come back. We should not be one of the few teams in the nation that don’t allow players to wear number 1. That **** is silly as Shannon taking the names off the jerseys.

Mario is the kind of guy that throws flags in practice just to see how the team reacts. It’s not impossible he would break out the chain if he thought he would get the right reaction.

The only thing that makes me think he won’t do it is because Manny sucked.
It’s like the people blaming the IPF for the team playing poorly. Everyone so desperate to blame everything for losing. The team didn’t lose because of a chain or because they sometimes practiced inside. They lost because they played poorly and were coached poorly. Everything else is ancillary nonsense that over emotional fans cling to.

Advertisement
Back