If Mario decides to keep... [the turnover chain... that's what this thread is about guys]

On a second thought, Mario didn't flat out dismissed it when asked about it by that other senile host/guest on Le Retartd show. So, to answer your question @fraggle:
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Advertisement
the chain, how should it be utilized?

If even or in the lead be used for any turnovers or a late turnover that sets us up to win even though not in the lead. If a sack or 4th down stop saves a win, use the chain. Winning field goal, chain. Winning TD, chain. No chain while losing especially loss is inevitable. I like the excitement created by the chain and I am sure there could be other reasons. I hope we keep it but with new ideas. Forget the rings! Thoughts?
A sniff of mopiness on the board and here comes @fraggle to capitalise with another nonsense thread.

Advertisement
The one change I would like to see is...

I think it needs to weigh a little over a hundred pounds and anyone who pulls it out while the team is down by two scores has to wear it while doing laps at the beginning and end of every practice we have until our next win.

the chain, how should it be utilized?

If even or in the lead be used for any turnovers or a late turnover that sets us up to win even though not in the lead. If a sack or 4th down stop saves a win, use the chain. Winning field goal, chain. Winning TD, chain. No chain while losing especially loss is inevitable. I like the excitement created by the chain and I am sure there could be other reasons. I hope we keep it but with new ideas. Forget the rings! Thoughts?
@fraggle

My thoughts? I wish OP wouldn't use clickbait thread titles with annoying ellipsis...
I consider it my work as a maude to edit these sorts of fraggle rock thread titles.

Ok here goes I think the chains should be used in any new hurricane music videos.now that we are on the road to recovery I'm sure we will see some eventually

Advertisement
I think the turnover chain and whatever the ridiculous rings (like the FSU Backpack) were supposed to be should go away. We should get back to where our players are playing team football instead of concentrating on personal achievements and congratulate each other for exceptional plays like those teams who now play in the NCAA Football Championship playoffs. We aren't that far away with the talent Mario is recruiting and his coaches will develop.

The thing about the chain that a lot of y’all don’t want to accept is it is now apart of the U branding. It sells. Why wouldn’t we continue to use it. The thing that makes the chain bad is poor performance on the field. Now maybe we put it away for a year and then break it back out or something. Or maybe Mario is just very selective on how it is used. But the problem isn’t with the Chain. If we are kicking teams *** and using the chain you ****ers won’t be thinking it’s lame.

Now those lame rings on the other hand… that’s just too forced and actually lame. Big difference between the rings and chain.

UGA has ******* spiked shoulder pads…Like it or not the chain is apart of the culture and that should be left up to the players if they want to keep it. Teams EVERYWHERE Bit off that ****. **** you saw NFL teams bite it..mlb teams had something..team branding and merch was huge with it..the only ppl who have a issue is old *** fans..no offense to the AARP sector of cis

Last edited:
I again gonna say that the chain (or any other jewelry) is cringe-worthy foolish when we are getting our asses kicked. The best motivation is a W boys (or $$$$)
BTW... with age comes wisdom... it ain't the other way around.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
On a second thought, Mario didn't flat out dismissed it when asked about it by that other senile host/guest on Le Retartd show. So, to answer your question @fraggle:
Jim Carrey Chance GIF
I did see somewhere that he is not doing the rings but has not decided yet about the chain. Instead of criticizing me hw come few have made any suggestions as to when ti would be appropriate. Oh, and Alabama started the turnover reward with a belt:

So if the top teams recently do it...why not us?

Simply asking for suggestions to make it legitimate instead of offensive when losing...

Advertisement
Back