If manny wins out

This team reminds me a lot of the 1998 UCLA team we played. They had no defense but they had a great offense. They came into our game undefeated and a lot of their wins were eerily similar to the Canes last few games.

You can go on an undefeated run with a great QB and I expect a big year next season for the team with TVD. The problem is, what does the program look like in 2023 after TVD is gone.

Advertisement
We already know the fruit of a coach we have, was bought at a discount fruit stand (and we paid through the nose for him). The compounding problem for me is that these last three years seem to be his ceiling. How else does a coach rinse and repeat his failures every **** year? The best players are portal gifts and young ones who haven’t yet regressed. I’m afraid, even if he wins out this year, we’ll be facing the same incompetence next year. We will live in mediocrity as long as he’s the HC.

Nothing to be done for minimum (2) plus years or till contract runs out.

Let this all go , it’s very exhausting repeating everything.

I’m not supporting Manny either, it is what it is move on.

GOCANES

IF that happens not sure what DC would want to come here knowing he could be fired the next year since Manny is still a corch and is on thin ice.

I could maybe see having Shoop take the reigns next year depending on his contract from Michigan. They are still paying him from what I understand as long as he is not coaching somewhere else.

Blake James has to be terminated no matter what. The only way Manny can keep his job imo is to win the ACC. This team underachieved this year, and will probably continue to underachieve as long as Manny is in charge.

Advertisement
IF that happens not sure what DC would want to come here knowing he could be fired the next year since Manny is still a corch and is on thin ice.

I could maybe see having Shoop take the reigns next year depending on his contract from Michigan. They are still paying him from what I understand as long as he is not coaching somewhere else.
If Manny some how stays, Shoop is the most likely scenario because Manny will still want his style of defense.

Advertisement
i agree with everthing everyone is saying
manny is not the answer but he has to go
but it seems like there is a better chance he stays than goes at this time
so if he was to take on a CEO type roll only
u think he can become a good coach
or he has too many corching traits its hopeless

At the start of the season, I was told by a friend who is a big booster that Manny would survive this season unless he lost 7 or more games (I posted it here). I don't know if that has changed, but going 8-4 would "exceed" the BOT's expectations and would clearly show "improvement". It would also mean we have a six game regular season win streak at a time when our in-state rivals (UF and F$U) have worse records. I suspect that James would tell Manny he needed to add a real DC and have him go shopping on the portal............

That being said, my eyes tell me that we will not win out.

If Manny some how stays, Shoop is the most likely scenario because Manny will still want his style of defense.
I agree and since he has already been here and developed some relationships with players and other coaches that would make sense. I am not sure how much he is getting paid from his contract at Michigan but we would have to compensate him to make that up if that is the direction we go in.

The other issue is how much autonomy he gives Shoop. I would suspect that if Shoop takes the job he would want full autonomy over the defense so it doesn't turn into another Blake Baker scenario.

Still a lot of football left and Manny is still coaching. Anything can happen but I think chances are he is not here next year.

We're not winning out giving up 500+ yards every week.
Oh .. C'mon man,... Our fearless , imposing starting MLB (#11) leader has orchestrated a "player's meeting" only..! Apparently, he brought McD's cheeseburgers to remind his fellow colleagues on how to play consistent. Granted, #11 removed one bun since he didnt want to consume those extra carbs meng!! #TrendingUP..

Advertisement
Halloween is over and I am now more scared than ever. I believe (not happy to write this) that Manny survives if he wins out the regular season. I get that this is a little premature, but assume he wins out and so does Alabama (no surprise) and same with MSU (or they lose only one of two to OSU and PSU). If we had won the two close ACC games, we are 6-2 with the two losses to the 3rd and 5th ranked teams. If those teams hold ranking wise and end up in the playoffs and we only lost two very close games and to two teams that are upper echelon, the BOT will give him another year (assuming his mea culpa please pay includes him agreeing to get a competent DC). Perception is everything, not the **** filled reality that we experienced this year.

There is so much competition for new HCs this year that I believe that we do the usual thing Miami has done this century and we kick the can down the road instead of doing what we should do and get rid of James and Manny.

Also, people keep talking about getting into the ACCCG as a game to give Manny an 8 game win streak and we still need for either UNC to beat them at Pitt or UVA to beat them and then lose to VT…all the while we must win out. The scary part is Manny may go undefeated for the rest of the year, we miss out on the ACCCG, and Manny gets retained…especially by winning the Belk or Northrop Grumman Bowl.

Let’s pray this doesn’t happen.

Barely Beating app state and teams that have no playoff chances is not impressive enough to say he has the team Turing the corner.
Let’s say we win out by squeaking out victories and going toe to toe with va tech. That is not a sign of improvement but a consequence of injuries and poor roster management.

Now if we manage to win out and play wake and slow that offense down or slow them sdown enough to say their season low in points and yards and we dominate then I’ll say there is a decision to be made. And if we go to a decent bowl game against a solid team and do the same I might say we have made progress.
Until then I’ve been allergic to Kool Aid and sunshine that I can’t even enjoy positivity.

Advertisement
Nothing to be done for minimum (2) plus years or till contract runs out.

Let this all go , it’s very exhausting repeating everything.

I’m not supporting Manny either, it is what it is move on.

GOCANES
Oh I will move on - for 2 years - if he's still in post come January.

Win out the regular season and he's definitely not getting fired because he and team would just point out the turn around and how they never folded. Get to the ACC Championship game and win and he's guaranteed returning. This is just obvious common sense take it however you want but winning out, showing this team is getting better and winning the ACC Championship game and a bowl game is basically Manny keeping the job.
To be fair if he wins out then we've got the 2023 #1 overall pick on our roster because TVD would have to play out of his mind to carry this defence for 3 months.

Advertisement
Back