If manny wins out

It's impossible to split up credit so I won't try. If you say the credit should go to players who took matters into their own hands, do you then want to give Diaz credit for recruiting players that are the type that are willing to take matters into their own hands? Isn't recruiting the right type of players part of a HCs job?

Awhile back I read an interview with Nick Saban where he talked about his recruiting philosophy. Sure, he can pretty much get his pick of all the 5 stars, but he was asked specifically what traits he looks for. He said the #1 trait is off the charts competitiveness. He wants players that get angry at the thought of losing because it is hard to convince a teenager to take a game against Valdosta St seriously, and then they play down to opponents and lose.

So if one of the all time greats says that it his philosophy for building a successful football team and then Miami has players that show that same competitiveness, are you willing to assert that although Diaz is a terrible game day coach, he is also following Sabans core principle of recruiting and the players innate competitiveness turned the season around? What percentage of the team success do you apportion for that?

You can't have it both ways and give all credit to players and zero to the coaches that recruited those players. Our stud QB was a low 4 star out of Connecticut and recruited by Diaz's first OC. All of Richts (a supposed QB guru) QBs were busts, yet under Diaz we have the best QB stable in a decade. Since a top QB is key to cfb success (just ask Dabo), does Diaz get a standing ovation for hiring OCs with an eye for QBs, and now having 3 excellent QBs on the roster? The point is you can't fairly apportion success percentage between players and the staff. If you want to do that for winning, then you need to do that for losing. Should we go back to 2019 and then say the players were 90% responsible for losing (e.g. Jarren Williams, a Richt recruit, being a pothead who didnt take the QB job seriously and then a team mostly made of Richt recruits that quit on Diaz) and the staff was 10% responsible? I'd rather not go down that road so any success (and failure) to this point is shared equally by players and staff.

If a new HC comes in and wins a national championship with these players, then now you have some proof that Diaz was holding them back. But what if Diaz finishes 8-4 and wins the coastal and Cristobal with these same players goes 6-6? Are you going to retroactively say Diaz managed to get more out of the players than Cristobal so he's a better coach?
Bruh that’s too much nuance for CIS. These people head about to explode.

Advertisement
Even though history proves otherwise, I feel like the BOT has been pretty embarrassed by being called out nationally. Imo, they have their minds set and will aggressively pursue Mario, and let Blake go. They’ll do this to save face.

Even though history proves otherwise, I feel like the BOT has been pretty embarrassed by being called out nationally. Imo, they have their minds set and will aggressively pursue Mario, and let Blake go. They’ll do this to save face.
then we’ll do some clown show **** like hire an ad for football and expect a real ad to take this job but onky having control of the two other sports.

Here’s the thing though. It’s one thing to recruit good players. And I would give Manny the coaching credit if he had actually identified his best talent and played his most talented players all along.

He’s only now playing his best players because he was forced to. He held onto Gaynor, Scaife, Wiggs, Pope, Cam, Jennings, Ivey and even Mallory waaayyy too long at the expense of his better younger players.

Should he deserve credit now that those guys are balling for him? Nope. Won’t give it to him.

Interesting logic. So it sounds like you think Diaz is an excellent recruiter and good judge of high school talent (in terms of college potential, nearly all those "better" players were recruited while he was HC) but a bad judge of where players should be on the depth chart. If that's the case, then one solution would be for Diaz to take a hands-off CEO type role next year and let an experienced OC and DC make all those personnel decisions. Wouldnt that address the reasons you say he shouldn't get credit?

Advertisement
Interesting logic. So it sounds like you think Diaz is an excellent recruiter and good judge of high school talent (in terms of college potential, nearly all those "better" players were recruited while he was HC) but a bad judge of where players should be on the depth chart. If that's the case, then one solution would be for Diaz to take a hands-off CEO type role next year and let an experienced OC and DC make all those personnel decisions. Wouldnt that address the reasons you say he shouldn't get credit?

The defense has regressed under Manny because our recruiting has gotten worse on that side of the ball. His evals have not been great

The defense has regressed under Manny because our recruiting has gotten worse on that side of the ball. His evals have not been great

Defense has regressed under Manny because he is a ****ty DC and OCs know exactly what he is going to call (75% chance it will be a delayed blitz). That would make any D look worse than it is.

An earlier poster said he wouldn't credit Diaz for recruiting because he refuses to play the better talent (whom he or his staff also recruited) in favor of lesser talented, but more experienced players. So one of you two is wrong. Either the better talent is on the roster and sitting on the bench or its not there at all. Personally, I think it's the former. Miami could have plenty of talent (which Diaz or his staff recruited) , the better players have just been stuck riding the pine because Diaz thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. When Ragu gets snaps over TAC, don't tell me that Diaz is putting his best talent on the field.

Diaz would rather die a death of a thousand cuts as offenses run circles around his lead- footed favorites than to take the risk that a younger, more dynamic player would make a big mistake. You saw an example of that in the Pitt game when Kichens completely f#cked up on the mesh route and followed the wrong player, and they got a huge completion. Diazs preference would be to have Flagg or another slow player who has the eye discipline to follow the correct player, and THEN have the opponent get big yards because the players on D are too slow and can't tackle. At least he can feel good that his experienced players followed his defense exactly how he drew it up.

Injuries forced him to play players he didn't want to play. The result of playing players he didn't want to play is that they are now winning games. This makes Manny a coRch to me.

And TVD is winning out.

Nah, I'd call it pure luck and great timing. Not only is the Coastal weak, but even Clemson is down.

It's like me being at a bar one night and an amazing dime comes in and sits next to me crying her eyes out. I buy her a few rounds, just sit and listen to her ***** and moan about her fvcked up life and make her feel like I actually give a ****.

But I end up smashing her that evening.

Does that mean I'm now a stud who can land any dime any where? Nope. It just means I was **** lucky, was at the right place at the right time, and I need to savor that memory for the rest of my life.

We need to move on from Manny.
Part of winning IS luck.

So now Manny isn't allowed to be lucky either?

You guys are going to get worse and worse the more Manny wins aren't you? smh

Advertisement
It's like me being at a bar one night and an amazing dime comes in and sits next to me crying her eyes out. I buy her a few rounds, just sit and listen to her ***** and moan about her fvcked up life and make her feel like I actually give a ****.

But I end up smashing her that evening
cap

Defense has regressed under Manny because he is a ****ty DC and OCs know exactly what he is going to call (75% chance it will be a delayed blitz). That would make any D look worse than it is.

An earlier poster said he wouldn't credit Diaz for recruiting because he refuses to play the better talent (whom he or his staff also recruited) in favor of lesser talented, but more experienced players. So one of you two is wrong. Either the better talent is on the roster and sitting on the bench or its not there at all. Personally, I think it's the former. Miami could have plenty of talent (which Diaz or his staff recruited) , the better players have just been stuck riding the pine because Diaz thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. When Ragu gets snaps over TAC, don't tell me that Diaz is putting his best talent on the field.

Diaz would rather die a death of a thousand cuts as offenses run circles around his lead- footed favorites than to take the risk that a younger, more dynamic player would make a big mistake. You saw an example of that in the Pitt game when Kichens completely f#cked up on the mesh route and followed the wrong player, and they got a huge completion. Diazs preference would be to have Flagg or another slow player who has the eye discipline to follow the correct player, and THEN have the opponent get big yards because the players on D are too slow and can't tackle. At least he can feel good that his experienced players followed his defense exactly how he drew it up.

I don’t love his stupid *** scheme either, but it worked fairly well when we had size and speed on our defense. And yes, we have ‘better’ talent at a few spots sitting the bench, but still not great talent. Not hard to have ‘better’ talent when Flagg and Jennings are starting. You are way underestimating how poorly Diaz has recruited outside of like 3-4 guys on that side of the ball. No depth, size, or speed anymore has exposed his scheme. He has had 6 years to build that defense and the talent has fallen off — so has the scheme as a result.

Part of winning IS luck.

So now Manny isn't allowed to be lucky either?

You guys are going to get worse and worse the more Manny wins aren't you? smh

if hes fired, hes fired. no amount of wins will save him esp if they made the decision to move on and if the rumors of Mario are true. what if Manny wins out and Mario says im in, you'll say no thanks? doubtful. im not gonna stress out about the wins bc this is all entertainment and winning is fun. also, do you guys really think well win out? were an average at best team. we've been four straight 50-50 games. were 2-2 in both. chances are well be in more 50-50 games the rest of the way. we won't get every bounce the rest of the way which will prolly make the diff between a win or loss. now, if we just happen to blow everyone out decisively and the D improves magically (doubtful), its a diff story where you can point to "some" improvement (I say some bc we don't play great offenses the rest of the way and play below average teams so hard to really quantify if you've improved or all you really did was beat up even worse teams). for me, this whole season will be TVDs improvement weekly. hes the most important piece for whoever is coaching next year

Advertisement
I can't believe the stuff I'm reading. Diaz has to go, period, end of story. Or would you like the suck to continue?

You geyes gotta bee more pawsativ bout Mannie. Iffin da U go 8 in 4 den he dun won helluva gud job! Dam boys iffin eye landed ever gator n postum eye wint huntin I’d bee nown az da Ted Nuget of Brantley County. Mannie gone when out an give dem dekons da kat skrach fever baby! Quote me on dat!

D951718E-4660-496E-935C-F7CD80D5C45C.jpeg
Hot seat report from Feldman

Advertisement
IMO, for Manny's sake, for him to become a competent HC, he ought to go somewhere else where he can have time to reassess what he did wrong here, what mistakes/problems to avoid, and how he'd do things differently the second time around. I think there's been just too many missteps here for him to come back for another season.

These conversations about credit for this and credit for that are meaningless.

Manny is a poor coach, maybe worst than poor. Poor coaches can win games and good coaches can lose games. One is still poor the other is still good.

There are always extenuating circumstances to consider. Coker was not a good coach regardless of his championships and overall record. Manny will still be a poor coach even if he wins out and wins the ACC.

Just like the years under Coker (who people thought was a genius in 02-03), most cannot understand that winning out under the current circumstances does not change who and what the head coach is.

He needs to go because he is a poor coach and not qualified to be the coach here. That’s it.

Yu rite Cuz. I dun kilt everthang dat walked ore crawid at won thyme or the utter, and I neva git a kiln ever thyme I goes huntin. Mammy dewing good last too weaks. He dun deserve all dis hate.
Yeah sun eye seen ewe hunt. Eye stihl haz nitemeres bout dat pour herferd ewe thawt wuz a big doe. Ain’t niver scene dat much berger blowed out da syde of a cow! Uwee ole man Daggert wuz pizzed at ewe sun!

if hes fired, hes fired. no amount of wins will save him esp if they made the decision to move on and if the rumors of Mario are true. what if Manny wins out and Mario says im in, you'll say no thanks? doubtful. im not gonna stress out about the wins bc this is all entertainment and winning is fun. also, do you guys really think well win out? were an average at best team. we've been four straight 50-50 games. were 2-2 in both. chances are well be in more 50-50 games the rest of the way. we won't get every bounce the rest of the way which will prolly make the diff between a win or loss. now, if we just happen to blow everyone out decisively and the D improves magically (doubtful), its a diff story where you can point to "some" improvement (I say some bc we don't play great offenses the rest of the way and play below average teams so hard to really quantify if you've improved or all you really did was beat up even worse teams). for me, this whole season will be TVDs improvement weekly. hes the most important piece for whoever is coaching next year
That's the thing. I don't believe that the decision to fire him or Blake has been made anyplace but here on this board. Manny says that he is contact with BJ all the time, if he knew he was going to be fired his disposition would be far different.

BJ wants Manny to be the guy and I'm sure the conversations he's having behind closed doors with Manny reflect this.

Advertisement
Back