If manny wins out

437AED54-0117-4CDF-AB8A-D169307A8950.jpeg

Advertisement
UVA game might be the nail in the coffin, it was just an awful loss.
It was possible to rationalize Bama, Mich ST (team better than expected) and UNC on the road with TVD second start, but UVA was just brutal and probably will keep us from the ACCCG.

On top of that our recruiting class is a mess and the defense is a HUGE problem, so I think his position is unattainable, maybe an ACC championship saves him.

Regardless of Diaz, I hope we fire James and get a real AD, let him/her evaluate the whole program and make the necessary adjustments, maybe keep Diaz if he wins out as a buffer so the AD can settle in

Now that we all see Tyler Van Dimes capabilities as a QB, it makes Diaz's decision to run out the clock against UVA and rely on a true freshman kicker to win the game even worse.

Now that we all see Tyler Van Dimes capabilities as a QB, it makes Diaz's decision to run out the clock against UVA and rely on a true freshman kicker to win the game even worse.
On top of everything, Diaz is a poor game day coach. But we knew that. Were it not for Van Dyke, we'd be behind the eight ball.

How is potentially winning seven straight games and the ACCCG backing into something?

Cristobal gets his balls massaged for going 3-2 in the Pac12 and falling *** backwards into the championship game last year, but if Diaz manages to do the same in a better conference, it's meaningless because he's Manny Diaz. I don't care about Diaz or his feelings, but it is totally disrespectful to the players to diminish the accomplishment of making it to the ACC championship game just because you don't like Diaz.

Personally, I think Diaz's time is up, but I'm still leaving open the tiniest possibility that he can prove he deserves the job by winning out, winning the ACC (at this point, winning the Coastal isn't enough, he has to win the conference), and a big bowl game to finish 10-4. Most of us agreed before the season that 10-4 and winning the ACC would be an excellent season. I'll stick to that. Granted, there is a near zero chance of that happening, but I'll give him credit if credit is due. If he does finish 10-4, I will tip my hat to him for pulling himself (and the team) out of the fire.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cristobal gets his balls massaged for going 3-2 in the Pac12 and falling *** backwards into the championship game last year, but if Diaz manages to do the same in a better conference, it's meaningless because he's Manny Diaz. I don't care about Diaz or his feelings, but it is totally disrespectful to the players to diminish the accomplishment of making it to the ACC championship game just because you don't like Diaz.

Personally, I think Diaz's time is up, but I'm still leaving open the tiniest possibility that he can prove he deserves the job by winning out, winning the ACC (at this point, winning the Coastal isn't enough, he has to win the conference), and a big bowl game to finish 10-4. Most of us agreed before the season that 10-4 and winning the ACC would be an excellent season. I'll stick to that. Granted, there is a near zero chance of that happening, but I'll give him credit if credit is due. If he does finish 10-4, I will tip my hat to him for pulling himself (and the team) out of the fire.
That’s fair. I’ll never get the Mario love to the extent that it’s at honestly. We could do better but we know the bot has a one track mind

If dude wins out and gives us an ACC ship he is staying and frankly earned it. Hate em (as we all do) but thats a **** guarantee.
Nah, I'd call it pure luck and great timing. Not only is the Coastal weak, but even Clemson is down.

It's like me being at a bar one night and an amazing dime comes in and sits next to me crying her eyes out. I buy her a few rounds, just sit and listen to her ***** and moan about her fvcked up life and make her feel like I actually give a ****.

But I end up smashing her that evening.

Does that mean I'm now a stud who can land any dime any where? Nope. It just means I was **** lucky, was at the right place at the right time, and I need to savor that memory for the rest of my life.

We need to move on from Manny.

Advertisement
He has to win out, including the bowl.
He needs to hire a DC.
He needs a LB-recruiting LB coach...who can also coach ST's apparently.
I’d accept this option after Mario, Kiffen, Dykes and Napier have told us “no.”

Hear all of that and you make a very unbiased point.

BUT - If they were to somehow miraculously win the ACCCG and win a good bowl game, how much of the credit goes to Diaz vs. the players actually taking matters in their own hands?

Did Diaz’ astute coaching get us the wins over NCST and Pitt, or was it the heart of the players (which I don’t think gets nearly the credit it deserves)?

TVD is singlehandedly making Diaz look good right now - not the other way around.

Advertisement
Nah, I'd call it pure luck and great timing. Not only is the Coastal weak, but even Clemson is down.

It's like me being at a bar one night and an amazing dime comes in and sits next to me crying her eyes out. I buy her a few rounds, just sit and listen to her ***** and moan about her fvcked up life and make her feel like I actually give a ****.

But I end up smashing her that evening.

Does that mean I'm now a stud who can land any dime any where? Nope. It just means I was **** lucky, was at the right place at the right time, and I need to savor that memory for the rest of my life.

We need to move on from Manny.
Agree we need to move and agree 100% Manny has gotten very lucky here. Key players got injured and the back-ups are way better. He fell into an stud QB

You missed the point. Any coach who wins a conference championship is highly unlikely to get fired. If Miami who has NEVER won the ACC wins one, Manny is definitely not getting fired. Would equate to our best season in ~20 years...Luck or no luck you aint firing that coach, especially with our dysfunctional admin

Agree we need to move and agree 100% Manny has gotten very lucky here. Key players got injured and the back-ups are way better. He fell into an stud QB

You missed the point. Any coach who wins a conference championship is highly unlikely to get fired. If Miami who has NEVER won the ACC wins one, Manny is definitely not getting fired. Would equate to our best season in ~20 years...Luck or no luck you aint firing that coach, especially with our dysfunctional admin
No, I hear your point. I think you’re missing mine.

Our admin is a ****show so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Manny were kept around if he ran the tables. They’d deem it a success and probably extend him for another 3 years…

But my only point is Manny ain’t no great coach no matter what, and even if we ran the tables I think the credit should go to the players for resiliency and heart - not to Manny’s coaching.

Hear all of that and you make a very unbiased point.

BUT - If they were to somehow miraculously win the ACCCG and win a good bowl game, how much of the credit goes to Diaz vs. the players actually taking matters in their own hands?

Did Diaz’ astute coaching get us the wins over NCST and Pitt, or was it the heart of the players (which I don’t think gets nearly the credit it deserves)?

TVD is singlehandedly making Diaz look good right now - not the other way around.

It's impossible to split up credit so I won't try. If you say the credit should go to players who took matters into their own hands, do you then want to give Diaz credit for recruiting players that are the type that are willing to take matters into their own hands? Isn't recruiting the right type of players part of a HCs job?

Awhile back I read an interview with Nick Saban where he talked about his recruiting philosophy. Sure, he can pretty much get his pick of all the 5 stars, but he was asked specifically what traits he looks for. He said the #1 trait is off the charts competitiveness. He wants players that get angry at the thought of losing because it is hard to convince a teenager to take a game against Valdosta St seriously, and then they play down to opponents and lose.

So if one of the all time greats says that it his philosophy for building a successful football team and then Miami has players that show that same competitiveness, are you willing to assert that although Diaz is a terrible game day coach, he is also following Sabans core principle of recruiting and the players innate competitiveness turned the season around? What percentage of the team success do you apportion for that?

You can't have it both ways and give all credit to players and zero to the coaches that recruited those players. Our stud QB was a low 4 star out of Connecticut and recruited by Diaz's first OC. All of Richts (a supposed QB guru) QBs were busts, yet under Diaz we have the best QB stable in a decade. Since a top QB is key to cfb success (just ask Dabo), does Diaz get a standing ovation for hiring OCs with an eye for QBs, and now having 3 excellent QBs on the roster? The point is you can't fairly apportion success percentage between players and the staff. If you want to do that for winning, then you need to do that for losing. Should we go back to 2019 and then say the players were 90% responsible for losing (e.g. Jarren Williams, a Richt recruit, being a pothead who didnt take the QB job seriously and then a team mostly made of Richt recruits that quit on Diaz) and the staff was 10% responsible? I'd rather not go down that road so any success (and failure) to this point is shared equally by players and staff.

If a new HC comes in and wins a national championship with these players, then now you have some proof that Diaz was holding them back. But what if Diaz finishes 8-4 and wins the coastal and Cristobal with these same players goes 6-6? Are you going to retroactively say Diaz managed to get more out of the players than Cristobal so he's a better coach?

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's impossible to split up credit so I won't try. If you say the credit should go to players who took matters into their own hands, do you then want to give Diaz credit for recruiting players that are the type that are willing to take matters into their own hands? Isn't recruiting the right type of players part of a HCs job?

Awhile back I read an interview with Nick Saban where he talked about his recruiting philosophy. Sure, he can pretty much get his pick of all the 5 stars, but he was asked specifically what traits he looks for. He said the #1 trait is off the charts competitiveness. He wants players that get angry at the thought of losing because it is hard to convince a teenager to take a game against Valdosta St seriously, and then they play down to opponents.

So if one of the all time greats says that it his philosophy for building a successful football team and then Miami has players that show that same competitiveness, are you willing to assert that although Diaz is a terrible game day coach, he is also following Sabans core principle of recruiting and the players innate competitiveness turned the season around? What percentage of the team success do you apportion for that?

You can't have it both ways and give all credit to players and zero to the coaches that recruited those players. Our stud QB was a low 4 star out of Connecticut and recruited by Diaz's first OC. All of Richts (a supposed QB guru) QBs were busts, yet under Diaz we have the best QB stable in a decade. Since a top QB is key to cfb success (just ask Dabo), does Diaz get a standing ovation for hiring OCs with an eye for QBs, and now having 3 excellent QBs on the roster? The point is you can't fairly apportion success percentage between players and the staff. If you want to do that for winning, then you need to do that for losing. Should we go back to 2019 and then say the players were 90% responsible for losing (e.g. Jarren Williams, a Richt recruit, being a pothead who didnt take the QB job seriously and then a team mostly made of Richt recruits that quit on Diaz) and the staff was 10% responsible?
Here’s the thing though. It’s one thing to recruit good players. And I would give Manny the coaching credit if he had actually identified his best talent and played his most talented players all along.

He’s only now playing his best players because he was forced to. He held onto Gaynor, Scaife, Wiggs, Pope, Cam, Jennings, Ivey and even Mallory waaayyy too long at the expense of his better younger players.

Should he deserve credit now that those guys are balling for him? Nope. Won’t give it to him.

Here’s the thing though. It’s one thing to recruit good players. And I would give Manny the coaching credit if he had actually identified his best talent and played his most talented players all along.

He’s only now playing his best players because he was forced to. He held onto Gaynor, Scaife, Wiggs, Pope, Cam, Jennings, Ivey and even Mallory waaayyy too long at the expense of his better younger players.

Should he deserve credit now that those guys are balling for him? Nope. Won’t give it to him.
Pope never reslly played this year. Dee got less pt each gsme and wasn’t playing a whole lot. The rest you’re not wrong tho I think cam was starting to look better and then tore his knee

Advertisement
Back